starting strength gym
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: 5/3/1 Post Biceps reattachment surgery: The road to recovery begins.

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Well I'm out for a while. First squat work set of 285 I went down and something felt off. I started up and there was a loud snap in my low back and some God awful pain shot down both legs. I got it racked but I honestly don't remember getting it up. I was laying on the platform in pain for a few minutes and was hoping I didn't tear up my Rogue power bar when I dumped it. That's when I looked up and saw it in the top racks. I took an alternating hot/cold shower but I can barely move and forget bending over. I may have to go to an urgent care tonight or tomorrow for some muscle relaxers. I seriously don't know what happened. the warmups felt good. I might have just went a little deep on the first work set which resulted in lumbar relaxation.
    Last edited by tcul1972; 11-09-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Sorry to hear this, man. Keep us posted on your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldman View Post
    Sorry to hear this, man. Keep us posted on your situation.
    lower right back pull. I have a weeks worth of oxi and valium. They took xrays because I said I "heard" a pop but after further thought and questioning from the doctor I realized I Probably only felt it.

Quote Originally Posted by tcul1972 View Post
    lower right back pull. I have a weeks worth of oxi and valium. They took xrays because I said I "heard" a pop but after further thought and questioning from the doctor I realized I Probably only felt it.
    This is good news, then. It is interesting how we can hear something we really only feel. It's happened a couple of times to me.

Did a little today to test the back. I started with pressing the bar x 5 and added 10 pounds x 5 until I got to 125 x 5. Then I did 3 sets of deads 135 x 5. The deads were just to test out my new deadlift slippers which I think I will like pulling in more than my Adipowers. I will see how the back feels tomorrow and I may do some squats starting with the bar. For the most part the back feels good but some days at work I can still feel the muscle tweak when I move a certain way. I think I have pretty much decided to work up with some good old linear progression until the end of December and then start the cube program at the beginning of the year. No need to rush things during this most hectic time of the year.

Glad the back is feeling better. Those are some nice presses, too. You'll be back pretty soon, I think.

starting strength coach development program
    So after 24 complete cycles of 5/3/1( 11 pre rupture and 13 post op), I am jumping ship. For now, anyway.

new log here
    http://startingstrength.com/resource...496#post788496

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324