• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Intensity Day (Bodyweight: 225 lbs)

Squats: 315x4
    Bench: 240x4
    Deadlift: 375x2
    Dips: bw+90x4
    BB Curl: 120x6

*Pretty pissed off I woke up with a cold Christmas morning which I blame on my co-workers since 6 of them showed up for work last Sunday/Monday. The workout went well despite how crappy I felt. Bench has stalled now so I'm convinced I need to reset and then micro-load.
    *Deadlift should have been a triple but halfway up on the 3rd rep I felt loose in the stomach and nearly tossed my cookies so I dropped the weight. I'm sure next week will be better when I'm over this damn cold.
    *Very happy with finally trying a 315 lbs squat. 3 plates a side was exciting to see.

Volume Day (Bodyweight: 225 lbs)

Squats: 285x5x3
    SOHP: 135x5x3
    Rows: 215x5

*Still getting over this ridiculous cold and I definitely felt unrecovered today. After squats I decided to scale the sets down and get the hell out of there because I felt somewhat flu-ish and some intense nausea set in. Can't wait for this cold to go away!!
    *Also feeling pain at the top of my tibia now when I squat with or without weight. I definitely need a coach's form check so I'm excited for my SS seminar!

Recovery Day (Bodyweight: 227 lbs)

Squats: 235x5x2
    Bench: 205x5x3 (paused reps)
    P.Cleans: 150x3x3

*Less tibial pain today when squatting, tried tightening the spinal erectors more and keeping chin down.
    *Benching on active recovery with paused reps (hoping these will translate into strength increases for intensity)
    *Powercleans are still new to me and I know I'm not doing them correctly still; I'll have to show the SS coaches my butchered form.

Intensity Day

Squat: 315x5
    Press: 150x5
    Deadlift: 375x2
    Dips: bw+90x4
    BB Curl: 120x7

*New PR's in squat and press. Used the Inzer belt my wife bought me for Christmas and it worked wonders!
    *Used a different warm-up scheme for deadlifts and managed an overhand pull of 315 but stalled mixed grip with 375x2.
    *dips were nearly a 5th rep (about 3/4) but not enough to count... still an improvement though and happy since bw is 227 lbs.

Great work and thanks for stopping by my log.

I had a nasty bout of tendonitis (tennis) that would not go away (lasted for 5 months). One day I widened my grip just a bit on squat and both presses and the flare ups just stopped. over the next 3-4 weeks it gradually disappeared. Part of me wishes I made those changes one at a time so I knew which one it was, but I'll take success. (disclaimer: my bench grip was really narrow, narrow enough it was almost CGB).

Good luck at the seminar, I hope to attend one day.

As an alternative to microplates you can get large diameter washers from Fastenal. If I remember correctly, each one weighs about 0.6 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Henderson View Post
    Great work and thanks for stopping by my log.

I had a nasty bout of tendonitis (tennis) that would not go away (lasted for 5 months). One day I widened my grip just a bit on squat and both presses and the flare ups just stopped. over the next 3-4 weeks it gradually disappeared. Part of me wishes I made those changes one at a time so I knew which one it was, but I'll take success. (disclaimer: my bench grip was really narrow, narrow enough it was almost CGB).

Good luck at the seminar, I hope to attend one day.
    Hey, thanks for the tip on fixing the tendonitis. I actually tried the same thing and widened my grip just a tad. It's been a few weeks now since it was really bad and it's finally almost completely gone.

I'm very excited for the seminar...my wife bought it for me as a Birthday present haha.

Quote Originally Posted by caveman View Post
    As an alternative to microplates you can get large diameter washers from Fastenal. If I remember correctly, each one weighs about 0.6 pounds.

Thanks for the advice on alt. micro plates, I'm definitely going to look into that because the only micro plates I can find are about $100 and I have a very hard time trying to convince myself to pay that.

Quote Originally Posted by MattimusMaximus View Post
    Thanks for the advice on alt. micro plates, I'm definitely going to look into that because the only micro plates I can find are about $100 and I have a very hard time trying to convince myself to pay that.
    I bought these ones:

http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=36852

and it supporting a forum member.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by MattimusMaximus View Post

SS main lift results:

Bw: 125 lbs to 215 lbs
    That's insane in a good way. How long did that take?

Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast