starting strength gym
Page 26 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Here Comes Hercules.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    I sure know how that feels. I just saw a video by Dave Tate from Elite FTS saying how he misses squating with the straight bar,but he can't do it any more. I guess we have to do what we can,beats sitting in the park feeding pigeons.
    Sully grimaces every time I do a straight bar squat. He doesn't want me to destroy my neck but he also knows I want my lifts to count on the Challenge. I almost did it last fall but then backed out at the last minute. I want to at least do it this time. I may just forget about it after this meet. To find Dave Tate's quote do I just go to Elite FTS or to Dave Tate.

Fascinating. YouTube

As he defines it we have a safety bar with short pad which I use. We also have a yoke bar which is longer but I don't use it because it's too wide for my shoulders. It feels a little uncomfortable.
    Last edited by carson; 04-20-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks for the link. The video I saw was a short clip on Instagram. If your on Instagram let me know your name and I can send the clip.

Thanks for the link. The video I saw was a short clip on Instagram. If your on Instagram let me know your name and I can send the clip.
    I'm old. I have so much stored in this tired brain of mine that I'm very reticent to add anything else. I'm not on Instagram, nor can I remember how to post pictures on the internet, heck I can't even figure out how to work my new IPhone.

I sure know how you feel. As we say in the automotive trade" a 6 volt man in a 12 volt world ".
    Dave Tate said in the video how much he misses the feeling of a straight bar on his back on a heavy squat. But he does what he can with the safety sqt because that the only alternative.

I sure know how you feel. As we say in the automotive trade" a 6 volt man in a 12 volt world ".
    Dave Tate said in the video how much he misses the feeling of a straight bar on his back on a heavy squat. But he does what he can with the safety sqt because that the only alternative.
    I know I really can't do a heavy squat with a straight bar but I'll do a few light ones just so I can get on record that I can. I believe Dave's self assessment is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Heavy Day. I need more of these. This is the last heavy day before the competition. A PR in every lift.

Squat: 70 x 5 (paused); 120 x 5; 160 x 3; 210 x 1; 238 x 3 (PR); 214 x 3 x 2
    Bench: 45 x 5; 95 x 3; 135 x 1; 147 x 5 (PR); 132.5 x 5 x 2
    Dead: 135 x 3; 225 x 2; 315 x 1; 340 x 3 (PR)

All were relatively easy. This makes me positive about April 27.
    Nice PR's there, Carson.

Thanks, Chad.

Light Day.
    Stretching for squat.

Squat: 70 x 5; 120 x 5; 160 x 3; 200 x 1; 214 x 5 x 2
    Press: 45 x 5; 70 x 3; 95 x 1; 105 x 1; 119 x 0; 83 x 8
    Prowler: 90 lbs. x 6 x 4

Now for the nice drive to Chicago and the Spring Challenge in Evanston on Saturday.

Safe travels. Your lifts are looking good. I'm counting heavily on home field advantage. LOL.

starting strength coach development program
    I'll actually be downtown Saturday with my daughter for a scholarship interview. So close, and yet so far! I've missed all of the fall classics due to her cross country schedule (I don't like to miss any of the meets). Perhaps next year!

Anyway, the best of luck to you, Carson and Cheesepuff! Represent us geezers well