starting strength gym
Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101
Results 1,001 to 1,002 of 1002

Thread: Lifting to Live

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Good effort despite being a world traveler. Hopefully things will settle down for you soon.

starting strength coach development program
    8/24/24 - Saturday

SQ L @ 3' 255x5x3
    OP L @ 3' 135x5x3
    DL L @ 5' 345x5 345x3 m + 345x2 s

Notes — First actual workout in a month, save a single set of Intensity Rack Pulls back on 8/8/24, which was book-ended by a planned trip prior and an emergency trip since. So, a mixed-bag month of good and bad. I even had access to racks and weights for this last trip, but recovery was crap across the board, both emotionally and physically, so I didn't do a damn thing other than take a few long walks. For this return to programming, I decided to break tradition and actually start light, not being greedy for any of the lifts. We'll see how that goes, although there aren't any great expectations, since the next couple of months are going to be hectic.
    SQ - Light sets across. Yes, it's a light set, but it didn't necessarily feel like it, which was no surprise. However, I could have done without the hamstring cramping on the right leg between sets 2 & 3, which continued through that last set and for a while after. All good.
    OP - Light sets across. All good.
    DL - Light set. Yet still heavy. Form started breaking down with the second rep and went to hell on the fourth, with significant twisting of the bar clockwise (typical on a mixed grip on the supinated side). With that twist accelerating on the fourth rep, I got the bar up to just under the knee and called it, knowing that if the twist continued with that momentum, I was really going to muck something up in my back. I reset, added straps, and focused on tight lats. The lats still weren't as tight as I needed them to be, with the bar drifting off the shins, but the last two, strapped, went fine.

Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101