235x1
    295x1
    330x5x4

PC L @ 3'
    65x5x2
    115x3
    145x1
    160x3x5

Music — Black Sabbath, Symptom Of The Universe; Iron Maiden, Fear Of The Dark; Mötley Crüe, Bastard; Saxon, Hell, Fire And Damnation; Testament, Practice What You Preach; ZZ Top, Heard It On The X.

Notes
    - SQ - Volume sets across. Slowly getting back up to the numbers prior to my dumbassed programming decisions and subsequent adductor issues last fall. First set was teetering on a lie, the second and third sets were kinda wonky but manageable, and the final set was the strongest and straightest of them all. Nothing like finishing strong.
    - PC - Light Triples across. Better than last week, but still not smooth and powerful like they should be. I'll be getting some in-person looks at these in a few weeks, which will also necessitate a reset, no doubt. All good.

2/1/24 - Thursday

BP V @ 5'+
    45x5x3
    95x5
    135x3
    185x1
    225x1
    247.5x5x4
    247.5x5x3
    247.5x4 + 1

OP V @ 2'
    45x5x2
    95x5
    135x3
    157.5x2x12

Music — Dax Riggs vs Richard Thompson, Wall Of Death; Danielle Dax, Fizzing Human Bomb; The Mission, Tower Of Strength; Revolting Cocks, Something Wonderful; Leæther Strip, Strap Me Down; The Church, Is This Where You Live?

Notes
    - BP - Volume sets across. I stretched these rest periods a bit, hence the "+" on the time. If you'll recall, this session of 4x5's at the start of each 3-week cycle have ended up going 19/20 reps +1 for the last two cycles. I've tightened up my form, but still wanted to make sure that I had the gas to get that last one. Unfortunately, none of that mattered. Last set, fourth rep stalled about midway, but I was able to grind it out to lockout. A few very loud "Bullshit!"s while making sure everything was tight and the fifth rep started, which made it about 2/3 of the way to lockout, but just wouldn't go, no matter how much I internally screamed to punch the ceiling. A reset, a rest, and the last rep went just fine, of course. This is the third cycle in a row of 19/20 +1, which isn't overly concerning as I can keep adding 2.5lbs and running them forward, or there are a few other avenues that I can take with this, but it's going to be a couple of weeks before I can get to those options, which means a bit of a reset anyway.
    - OP - Volume Doubles across. All good.

If it was easy...well you know what they say. Keep plugging away at it is how we get to our goals as f-bombing as it can be sometimes. These days I don't let it bother me much as it ain't gonna help any.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred J View Post
    If it was easy...well you know what they say. Keep plugging away at it is how we get to our goals as f-bombing as it can be sometimes. These days I don't let it bother me much as it ain't gonna help any.
    Yep. I'll keep plugging away. I was pissed for just a second after the bar settled on the safeties (benching alone, as usual) and before I crawled out from under it. At this stage, it's a puzzle. I know the pieces, it's just a matter of putting the right one in place. Oh, and having a long enough period where I can run a few cycles without interruption to see if the piece works. That will come soon, though.

2/2/24 - Friday

DL H @ 8'
    135x4
    185x2
    225x1
    275x1
    315x1
    345x1
    375x5

SQ L @ 5'
    45x10x3
    95x5
    135x3
    185x1
    225x1x2
    275x1
    300x5x3

Music — The Who, Love, Reign O'er Me; Led Zeppelin, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You; ZZ Top, Waitin' For The Bus/Jesus Just Left Chicago; Chicago, 25 or 6 to 4 (Live); Battlecross vs Slayer, War Ensemble; Slayer vs Iron Butterfly, In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida; Slower vs Slayer, Dead Skin Mask; Monolord, Empress Rising.

Notes
    - DL - Heavy set. SQ warmups to 225x1. My slight programming change for my heavy pull seems to be doing the work. Recall last cycle, where I had skipped a week due to scheduling and the following week (a week ago last Monday) the DL flew up like warmups after that 14-day break from DLs. I already knew that I needed to increase the recovery period between those DLs and that confirmed it. If I wasn't bumping up against a travel break, I would have spread the 4-day split(M/T/Th/F) out to 8-days (M/W/F/M) so that I would have done this DL on Wednesday. But I need to get my four days in this week, so I decided to move the DL from Monday (10 days to Wednesday) to today (12 days to Friday) and shift the other three days leftward. Without this break, I'd continue to run that swapping, which would mean that I would skip a heavy pull next week to line up for the following Monday, then the Friday of the week after, and so on. Sure, it means a heavy pull only two of every three weeks, but that would happen anyway with the M/W/F/M 4-day split, except every fourth week (i.e., M-F-0/M-F-0 vs M-W-F-0/M-W-F-0). Oh, BTW, this keeps the x5 PR train rolling for this lift, behind only my 390x3 of 9/8/23 and my year+ old 1RM 410x1 of 12/16/22. I'll take that!
    - SQ - Light sets across. All good.

Chicago - I'm a Man - 7/21/1970 - Tanglewood (Official) - YouTube

Another great one. I wore that album out in HiGh sChoOl....
    Last edited by Fred J; 02-02-2024 at 09:24 PM.

Chicago - I'm a Man - 7/21/1970 - Tanglewood (Official) - YouTube

Another great one. I wore that album out in HiGh sChoOl....
    Such great tunes.

Funny story. Last year they were on tour and were going to have a show here in our little out of the way town. I had a pre-sale code and got in as soon as the tickets were available. I could have nabbed two aisle seats, third row. Perfect! I yelled upstairs to the bride and asked if she wanted to see Chicago. "No" was her response. So I let the seats go. A few months later, probably a week or two before the show, 25 or 6 to 4 was playing on the radio and she was bopping along. I looked at her and said "I can't believe that you didn't want to go to this show." She looked at me for a second and said "Is this what you were asking? I thought it was the play" (Broadway). Sigh...

So we now joke about it whenever we hear a song.

That is funny...sad but funny!

This shows how much Terry kicked ass...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...X&opi=89978449

That's a good one, Bill!

starting strength coach development program
    That is funny...sad but funny!

This shows how much Terry kicked ass...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...X&opi=89978449
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    That's a good one, Bill!
    We had another laugh about it last night after she got home from her gig. Sad, yet funny, as Fred said.

BTW Fred, that's a great link. I love me some isolated tracks for the greats. As a noisemaker on a bass, my favorite is of The Ox playing Won't Get Fooled Again. He always looks like he's trying to remember the recipe for the porridge that he had the night before while laying down some of the best bass lines to ever be created.

Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast