starting strength gym
Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103
Results 1,021 to 1,023 of 1023

Thread: Lifting to Live

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    Note — A complete relocation over the last couple of weeks. We packed the house, drove it 1,800 miles, and unpacked it. I was glad for the training beforehand, which really came in handy on the second day of unloading the truck. I was gassed, but could maintain strict form as we got to the front of the truck where all of the heavy/bulky stuff was. Bottom line - we got sick of maintaining two households as we did through the spring, so we loaded up and moved down here to OKC to be closer to family and help where needed, while I resume my apprenticeship at Fortitude Strength and Conditioning (formerly Starting Strength OKC - Moore) with SSCs Chase & Phoebe Lindley.

10/22/24 - Tuesday
    SQ L @ 4' 265x5x3
    OP L @ 4' 145x5x3
    DL L @ 5' 275x5

Notes - My first multi-lift workout since 8/24/24, keeping everything light to adapt to the huge jump in volume while making sure I'm recovered from the move.
    SQ - Light sets across. Chase had minor form tweaks for me as I had some issues, likely a combination of form creep and lack of frequency. All good.
    OP - Light sets across. Same as above, with some timing adjustments. All good.
    DL - Light set. Good.

10/24/24 - Thursday
    SQ L @ 4' 285x5x3
    BP L @ 4' 215x5x3
    DL L @ 3' 225x5

Notes -
    SQ - Light sets across, +20lbs over Tuesday. Some DOMS from Tuesday, with my right adductor most concerning. Chase had me widen my stance and point my toes more forward, which resolved the concern. All good.
    BP - Light sets across. Shaky, which is not unusual, but all good.
    DL - Real light. I wanted to keep the lower back loose for Saturday. All good.

10/26/24 - Saturday
    DL I @ 2'+ 365/385/405

Notes - "Day of the Deadlift" at Fortitude S&C, an after-hours get together for gym members. It was a combination costumed get-together, chili cookoff, and deadlift-palooza. No competition, just a chance for everyone to get together, socialize, or meet (especially the early morning and later evening session folks who never cross paths). Some folks enjoyed the format and set new 1RM PRs.
    DL - Intensity singles. We had six platforms set up, with lifters grouped based on their projected goals. I played it relatively conservative, as I haven't pulled heavy off the floor since my 360x5 on 10/3/24, just over three weeks ago. I did get plenty of volume at lower intensity during the move, but nothing anywhere near 400lbs the entire time (well, except when I decided to not unload the half-pallets loaded with 395lbs of plates each and just dolly'd them down the ramp off the moving truck, which was entertaining to control). Initially I was thinking that I would decide what my first attempt was going to be when I warmed up with 365x1, but my platform mates were both opening with that, so I decided to leave it at that. It went smooth. They both opted for 405x1 for their next attempt, which I thought was too aggressive a jump, so I went 385x1, which also went smooth. They pulled theirs, I rested for a few minutes and went 405x1 for my last attempt, which is just shy of my 1RM PR of 410x1. Again, with lack of frequency and volume, I didn't want to get greedy and hurt something. The 405x1 went so smooth that as soon as I set it down, I looked at my platform mates and said "I could have gone 10lbs more." They agreed. But it was a 3-attempt day. At least it gave me a good idea of where I am right now.

nice to get back in the swing of things i bet. glad youre all moved, moving sucks

starting strength coach development program
    Cheers Cole! Yep, we're getting there. Slowly, but surely.

This move, the first in 8.5 years, is the longest I've gone between moves in my entire life. We did a good job of downsizing during that period, but also picking up new things. It's exhausting to do the work ourselves, but after pricing companies, we knew that we could do it for half the price and keep track of our stuff. So we did. Every time I do that I swear that it will be the last time, but I know better. I'm a nomad. At least until the kids (nomads also) settle down somewhere. Then we'll plant roots.