Power Cleans: 5x3 @ 150
    DB Curls

Weight: 214.0

Tuesday 3/8/22:
    Bench: 3x5 @ 257.5
    Press: 152 x 5,4,4,3
    Chins: 12,8,7,7
    LTEs: 3x10@85

Played basketball on Sunday again so I took yesterday off. Pressing today and will squat/deadlift tomorrow.

Absolutely smoked bench today and that was an official 5-rep PR going back over a year to my Texas Method programming, and I smoked this for a 3x5. I have put on a few pounds so I think that's really helping recovery and the pressing movements. I feel good though. I feel good though, waist size hasn't moved. I also think it helps benching first with the increase in weight. Going to move to that for a while. It didn't really impact my press either, that's just ho-humming along now an LB at a time too. Trying to stave off the temptation to make a programming change. It's working Charlie, so just stick with it!

Wednesday 3/9/22:
    Squat: 1x5 @ 355; 2x5@335
    Deadlift: 1x5 @ 405

It was a good call getting an extra day away from basketball. Legs felt much better today and were pretty much ready to go. Some tightness in my right achilles, likely from basketball. Just warmed up with a 5-10min walk to get things moving and it was fine.

Squats were better today. I'm definitely shifting onto my toes too much. No matter how hard I try I think I'm reverse sequencing my squat by breaking at the hips too much first, and then dropping into my knees. Worked on breaking my knees first on back-off sets, but I think I still really need to sit the hips back at the bottom.

Used straps on deadlift today as my grip feels like it was starting to fail near 5RM weights. I think that helped me get through it today. Pretty heavy, but got it done. First few reps felt relatively easy, but last 2 were tough.

Felt odd only doing 4 working sets today and being done, I hope I'm getting enough stress, but intensity is running pretty high so I know I need to keep the volume lower. It definitely felt like it was enough when I was done, I was pretty whooped.

Friday 3/11/22:
    Bench: 3x5@260
    Press: 153 x 4,4,4,3
    Weighted Chins: 214lbs + 37.5 x 6,5,4
    Dips: BW x 3x12

Saturday 3/12/22:
    Squat: 1x5@360, 2x5@340
    Pin Press: 3x3 @ 165
    Power Cleans: 5x3@155
    Barbell Curls

Keep forgetting to get on here and update. Pete Yeh came over on Saturday for my workout. He really helped me get back in balance in my squat (cue of pushing my belly back between my heels seemed to help) and then freezing my knees on the ascent seemed to help keep my chest down. The top set of squats moved pretty well and this was a 5-rep PR.
    Last edited by Wlodyd52; 03-15-2022 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Wrong squat weight

Monday 3/14/22:
    Bench: 3x5@262.5
    Press: 154 x 4,4,3,4
    Chins: 13,13,8,6
    LTEs: 3x10 @ 87.5

Just felt like crap today. Kids had a sleep over on Saturday night, plus the time change so not a great night of sleep there and I think I'm still playing catch up. Nutrition wasn't the best this weekend either (altho not terrible by any means) but I'm gonna put it back in check real quick this week.

Left shoulder was hurting during/after bench today, need to watch it and make sure i'm keeping tightness as weight gets heavier.
    Last edited by Wlodyd52; 03-15-2022 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Wrong date

Tuesday 3/15/22:
    Squat: 1x5@365, 2x5@345
    Deadlift: 1x5@410
    Barbell Rows: 3x8 @ 185

Squat felt good today, much better balance over midfoot. I think I'm doing a better job keeping my chest down too. Top set moved pretty well, it took a lot out of me though. Backoff sets were pretty tough. Deadlift moved pretty well again. Been using straps as grip is limiting on top sets of 5. Finished with some barbell rows for additional back work.

Thursday 3/17/22:
    Bench: 3x5@265
    Press: 155 x 4,3,3,3,2
    Weighted Chins: +40lbs 3x5
    Dips: +10lbs 3x10

Felt damn good today. It's been a rough week, I think it's all been the time change with daylight savings. I wasn't feeling great yesterday either with the makings of a head cold, but better today already. Perhaps just spring allergies or something. Regardless, felt good and had a good workout. I will be changing my Press programming next week to go to a compressed TM style with a 5x5 strict press and singles on intensity day. Need to figure out where to start my weights, but it'll be pretty light and I'll make bigger jumps.

Friday 3/17/22:
    Squat: 1x5 @ 370, 2x5 @ 335
    Pin Press: 3x3 @ 170
    Power Clean: 5x3 @ 160

Top set of squats moved alright. Form got off a bit on the last 2 reps, but all moved ok. Dropped my backoff sets a bit for a bigger offset and better focus on form (that was the plan, not just a reaction to my top set). That top set took a lot it of me though and those backoff sets were still hard, so good plan.

Pin presses felt good. Definately moved slower, but did a better job today staying tight and keeping full balance.

Power cleans felt pretty good. I tend to get pretty fatigued my last couple sets every time I do these. I can feel it in my low back and my form breaks down. The first 3 sets felt pretty easy and fatigue built-up quick. But feeling better about these, but weight will move up slowly til I dial in technique.

Weight: 214 lbs

Monday 3/21/22:
    Bench: 3x5@267.5
    Strict Press: 5x5 @ 125
    Chins: 14,10,8,9
    LTEs: 3x10 @ 90

Moving to a Texas Method on my Press. Will start intensity day at 7x1 at 140. That should feel pretty light and will probably make a couple 5 lb jumps to start. Offset the strict press and will make 2.5 lb jumps at 5x5. Press moved well, felt pretty light today.

Bench was alright, not my best reps today and I think I pushed the bar away from me a little bit and flared my elbows, especially the first set. Got better as it went though, I can keep these going if I keep eating.

starting strength coach development program
    Wednesday 3/23/22:
    Squat: 1x5@375, 2x5@340
    Deadlift: 1x5@415
    Barbell Rows: 3x8 @ 190

Traveled the last 2 days, spent about 10 hours in the car over the two days so just felt kinda crappy today. My low back hurt from sitting so much and I didn't eat great (not terrible though, packed a lot of snacks and protein, but still not ideal). But actually had a decent work out. The top set of squats felt pretty hard and heavy, but form was ok and I got it done. Backoff sets actually felt pretty damn good and could feel better hip drive, almost like weight was on my low back and driving it up. Getting better I think.

Deadlift moved alright too. It's heavy, yea, but wasn't really a threat of missing reps. Was just trying to be a bit more patient with setup.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast