starting strength gym

Thread: Pain in anterior of left shoulder primarly toward bottom position when lowering OHP

Default Pain in anterior of left shoulder primarly toward bottom position when lowering OHP

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    When I do an overhead press I get a significant pain in the anterior of my left shoulder (from the front top of the shoulder down to where it meets the bicep) mostly when I LOWER the lift ... specifically when I get to the portion of the lift when my upper arm is parallel to the ground and then all the way down to the bottom position. It does not hurt in the top portion of the lift in either the eccentric or concentric portion of the lift.

I have never gotten it checked out because, until recently, it did not hurt every time I did a press, and it never hurts doing any other activity (it still doesn't).

Any idea what this could possible be? For this type of thing should I see a PT, or a doctor, or try to figure this out on my own?

In the meantime, should I just fight through the pain best I can or make a modification until I sort this out?

Thanks.

Post a video of your press.