starting strength gym

Thread: Subscapularis

Default Subscapularis

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I watched the shoulder rehab video and the article about Bre's shoulder rehab. In the video, it seems the protocol is directed towards the rehab of the external rotators. How would you approach the rehab of a shoulder that had a repaired subscapularis as well as bicep tenodesis surgery performed?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Nieveen View Post
    I watched the shoulder rehab video and the article about Bre's shoulder rehab. In the video, it seems the protocol is directed towards the rehab of the external rotators. How would you approach the rehab of a shoulder that had a repaired subscapularis as well as bicep tenodesis surgery performed?
    The shoulder rehab video is not necessarily directed at anything. The technique demonstrated in that video should be a staple in most post-operative shoulder rehab programs. That said, rehabbing from a biceps tenodesis was brutally easy other than getting into a low bar squat position. That took some time to get there, but, the surgeon made a deliberate choice to place a lot of tension in the biceps when he performed the tenodesis to give me a fighting chance of keeping it, so the extra tension made my shoulder extremely tight in that combined movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    The shoulder rehab video is not necessarily directed at anything. The technique demonstrated in that video should be a staple in most post-operative shoulder rehab programs. That said, rehabbing from a biceps tenodesis was brutally easy other than getting into a low bar squat position. That took some time to get there, but, the surgeon made a deliberate choice to place a lot of tension in the biceps when he performed the tenodesis to give me a fighting chance of keeping it, so the extra tension made my shoulder extremely tight in that combined movement.
    hi can someone please post link to that. I just had rotator cuff surgery 6 days ago and would be interested to see what i can do, if anything, to get back in the gym within the next 12 months - or if a full recovery after such a surgery is hopeless.

On 4 March I had arthroscopic surgery on the supraspinatus where i think the surgeon had to cut some of the torn tendon before re-attaching it. anyway the pain is still intense and movement is basically none, only passively. i start physio therapy next week and they are also delivering some special 'chair' to my house on Monday, which will supposedly help me get rom back.

the good news is that the surgeon told me my bones were strong, apparently he broke two of his anchors in my shoulder bone - probably why the shit hurts so much 1 week later. and he credits this to strength training.
    he also mentioned that my biceps tendon was damaged but too late to operate, probably from a previous injury where i worked through the pain.

this whole injury is extremely depressing . am 49 y.o. male and was finally getting into decent NLP numbers. then, with a warm up weight on the bench, something snapped and i needed to be rescued by my sppotter. fast forward to today, ca. 5 weeks later after mri and surgery, i cannot even change my own t-shirt.

even to type this message i had to use the dictate feature in ms word, so please forgive any typos.