starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low bar squatting — pain in left biceps

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Straight wrists are the secret to a perfect squat. It took me some time to digest this from the RIP book, but I finally got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chefkoch81 View Post
    @Maybach - following the Blue book Figure 2-18, I assumed I should not support the weight from underneath at all as all of the weight should be on the back. So I try do that. The hands press themselves into the bar, as I can barely get my arms into that position with a low bar position.
    The weight is being supported on the back, but the hands prevent the weight from moving, and they do that by exerting force. If the hands had no role to play, then why not just unrack the back with no hands? The hands should not, in any case, be entering force pressing the bar INTO your back: the weight will do that itself quite handily.

Your grip is causing you bicep pain in perhaps the most classic way possible. I assure you, you can fix your grip if you try harder.

ChefKoch, did you delete your video? Required reading before posting

First rule: Once a video is posted and people have taken the time to comment on it, the video remains posted. If you delete your video, we delete your account. This is not negotiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    The weight is being supported on the back, but the hands prevent the weight from moving, and they do that by exerting force. If the hands had no role to play, then why not just unrack the back with no hands? The hands should not, in any case, be entering force pressing the bar INTO your back: the weight will do that itself quite handily.

Your grip is causing you bicep pain in perhaps the most classic way possible. I assure you, you can fix your grip if you try harder.
    Right, well I will try to do something about my shoulder/chest mobility and try improve/modify the grip, as that limitation seems to create rotational force in my elbows. Rips initial comment with elbows down already helped to the point where I can complete the presses after, squat so Ill try modify my grip further as you suggest. Still no workouts without biceps pain though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    ChefKoch, did you delete your video? Required reading before posting
    Well I did not expected this thread to really take off, so I let the upload of the image (no video) time out. Ill try reupload (with a different platform) when I got time to play with that. If that is too grave a violation though… my time here is up

starting strength coach development program
    Goodbye.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12