starting strength gym

Thread: Pain Left upper arm / shoulder

Default Pain Left upper arm / shoulder

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I've had a dodgy left shoulder for 10+years. Feels like pain in the deltoid area. It improved when I started SS and pressing 6 years ago. More recently pain has increasingly returned, it's difficult to press now, also pain with daily activities or when sleeping trying to turn around in bed etc. You may well say, "well just press more !" Fair enough too, but I've attached MRI diagnosis just in case it indicates any additional course of action?
    MRI Left Shoulder.jpg

Too small, can't read it.

try this one Rip.

MRI Left Shoulder ver2.jpg

The doc said nothing really to see here.?? I said what about surgery for the tear that's mentioned, he said nah just rest it, I said I've rested it for 10 years mate ! So I'm seeing an actual orthopaedic surgeon next week to review this MRI, if I could be armed with better questions for him that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    try this one Rip.

MRI Left Shoulder ver2.jpg

The doc said nothing really to see here.?? I said what about surgery for the tear that's mentioned, he said nah just rest it, I said I've rested it for 10 years mate ! So I'm seeing an actual orthopaedic surgeon next week to review this MRI, if I could be armed with better questions for him that would be great.
    There isn’t a clear surgical lesion here. That doesn’t mean a surgeon won’t agree to operate on it, but this is not a constellation of findings that necessitates surgery. This should be able to be rehabbed well if you know what you’re doing.

You were right of course Will. The surgeon said he sees no need for surgery. On reviewing the imaging and feeling around he concluded it’s definitely the bicep tendon impinging under the shoulder something or other. He said to get it rehabbed..