starting strength gym

Thread: Adductor Strain rehab using the Starr Protocol - concerning deadlifts

Default Adductor Strain rehab using the Starr Protocol - concerning deadlifts

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Last Monday I strained my left adductor coming up from my 3rd squat set of 345lb during NLP. A few days later I started the Starr rehab method and it has been going fine.

It wasn't a very bad strain, as a week later the left adductor feels much better. Also, I did not have any visible bruising in the area.

My question is where do deadlifts fit in when doing this? I do not see any articles talking about how to alter, or if they even should be altered at all, deadlifts after an adductor strain alongside doing the Starr method of rehabbing an adductor using squats.

You do not appear to have a muscle belly tear; so why would you consider the Starr Rehab?

Saw a few posts/articles mentioning deadlifts continuing as basically normal.

Did the warm up sets leading up to a work set of 345x5. Everything felt fine so I did the work set, with no issues. I guess I answered my own question.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    You do not appear to have a muscle belly tear; so why would you consider the Starr Rehab?
    because I felt a VERY clear pop and went down for another rep and basically landed on the safety pins. For the next few days, It was extremely sore to do anything requiring any bending or normal movements like reaching down for my shoe string. the pain was clearly where my adductor is, but it probably was some low grade injury. Also, the lighter weight squat sets have seemed to improve things. Either way, it either worked, or was a nice placebo effect.

Was there a big bruise?

no, but I reiterate that it felt right where the adductor is. So if it wasn't that, It was something that made the most mundane tasks annoying/painful for the next couple days in regards to the left leg. Getting more towards annoyance after the 2nd day.

Would a grade 1 injury require there to be a bruise there?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Precious Snowflake View Post
    no, but I reiterate that it felt right where the adductor is. So if it wasn't that, It was something that made the most mundane tasks annoying/painful for the next couple days in regards to the left leg. Getting more towards annoyance after the 2nd day.

Would a grade 1 injury require there to be a bruise there?
    Interesting question....comments on this?
    Thanks!