starting strength gym

Thread: right hand falling asleep and losing girp strength

Default right hand falling asleep and losing girp strength

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Pretty much the title. My right hand seems to fall asleep regularly -- particularly my pinky -- and I am also losing grip strength. I have had really bad bouts of medial epicondylitis at periods in the past. And my hand falling asleep seems to be related to that, as I can feel a bit of pain on the medial part of my elbow. But, the pain in my elbow isn't nearly as bad now as it has been in the past.

My current workout routine consists of a squat day, a chin-up/row day, and a bench/OHP day. My right hand seems to be worst immediately after squatting. As I do high-bar squats, my elbow doesn't take as much of a beating as it would were I low-bar squatting. But, nevertheless, my elbow does still take a bit of a beating during squats.

Any idea what is causing my right hand to fall asleep and lose grip strength? And, more importantly, what can I do to fix it (e.g., stretching, finger extensions, etc.)?

It's probably your pinky finger and the medial side of your ring finger. Ulnar nerve impingement. I don't know how it is addressed.