starting strength gym

Thread: protracted AC joint inflammatinon

Default protracted AC joint inflammatinon

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I'm aware there is already a thread
    http://www.strengthmill.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4663
    on AC joint inflammation and I did try to add to it but for some reason the system would not let me.
    Ive been struggling with AC joint inflammation(s) (both shoulders) for over 2 years now. Had bad luck with orthopedists (he didn't know much, cared even less, did injections and a collar bone tip removal which did not do help), a little more with a p-therapist (learned about importance of balanced and diverse training).
    Two years down the road I believe the whole thing was caused by imbalanced development - overdeveloped chest and underdeveloped rear shoulder which caused the shoulders to be pulled forward and put a continuous stress on the AC joint. So now I'm trying to work my rear shoulders without working my chest, only stretching it to allow the shoulders to drop back where they belong. But I still have problems - I noticed that merely reaching with my arm across my chest for too long causes the AC joint to be re-inflamed. Can anyone provide any insight to it? Any additional exercises - neck stretching etc? Any input appreciated, thanks, Tom

Presses, done in a 1:1 ratio with the bench press, keeps the shoulder in balance.