starting strength gym

Thread: Chaffing

Angry Chaffing

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    G'day Rip,
    As I write this message I'm clenching my teeth in pain. The past couple of days I've had to walk home from work and this has resulted in my thighs and arsecheeks rubbing against each other to the point of being red-raw. It really sucks bad. It doesn't help that I live in one of the hottest areas of Australia.
    I can't help but feel that you're partially responsible for this. Any advice is appreciated.

On a happier note, I'm a good 10kg heavier than I was last time I posted on this forum, 5 months ago.

You'll get used to it. In the meantime, get some bike shorts. Really.

http://www.amazon.com/BodyGlide-Anti.../dp/B001FSL8MA

This Works. Makes your skin nice and slick. No friction,no chafing!

http://www.amazon.com/Monistat-Sooth.../dp/B000FKLKXQ

It's silicone based, not like the greasy stuff cyclists and runners use. Also makes an excellent makeup primer, not that any of you care.

That will help his thighs, but not his asscheeks, since the shorts function to pull them together and not lift & separate...

For the asscheeks, baby powder is the magic dust. Lots of it to keep things dry and slippery.

He didn't mention any asscheek problems. I think that may be specific to you bicycle guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    He didn't mention any asscheek problems. I think that may be specific to you bicycle guys.
    "...and this has resulted in my thighs and arsecheeks rubbing..."

Arescheeks = Brit / Aussie for asscheeks.

If you go to Oz, and want ketchup, ask for tomato sauce.

Happy to translate!

No, it wasn't ASScheeks, it was ARSEcheeks, that he mentioned and maybe a temporary transportation solution that might be of help could be a bike? At least the amount of time spent getting chafed would be less.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Actually Rip, as embarrassing as it is, my arse cheeks had it the worse. I could barely sit down. It's healed now, after some 3B cream. But I'm dreading the next time I have to walk 4 - 5km.

Axel,

starting strength coach development program
    You know, as I expanded from L to XXL, discovered some unpleasant raw chafing that I never had when I was a skinny bastard, but at least I had the brains to know that there was nothing Rip could do about it. Or at least, nothing he would do about it. And if he would, I didn't really want to know.

Probably a daft hope on this board, but have a little dignity and bear your indignities with some grace. Consider it moral development through strength training.