Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuck on Squats

sushi362 Guest

Default Stuck on Squats

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hello Coach.

I was squatting 120 lbs and got stuck there. Then, i fixed a couple form issues and deloaded, then started to progress again. Now, after today's horrendous workout, i did 3 x 4/3/1 of 135 lb squats. This is strange because many people seem to stall when they get 200+ lbs. Sorry that i cannot post a video. Ive reset twice to get past 120. Any advice on getting past 135? Resetting over and over again will eventually not work.

Thank.

You'd better weigh about 115 at 5'3" or we'll all be amused by this.

sushi362 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You'd better weigh about 115 at 5'3" or we'll all be amused by this.
    looks like you get a good laugh then coach. Im 6'1'' and 153 lbs. Im guessing a big part of my issue about progressing might be me not eating enough. Im getting 3200 cals a day. Might need to eat more then.

btw, when i was doing 130 3 x 5, i fialed on the last rep of the third set. Do you think i should have stayed at 130 instead of progressing and fucking up at a higher weight, therefore, fucking around with progression?

Without knowing how big your jumps were I don't know, but I think that you've assumed the program will work the same for everyone regardless of bodyweight, calorie intake, or recovery. If you are 6'1" and 153, you are not eating enough, you therefore will not recover, and your progress will be compromised no matter how small your jumps are.

sushi362 Guest

Without knowing how big your jumps were I don't know, but I think that you've assumed the program will work the same for everyone regardless of bodyweight, calorie intake, or recovery. If you are 6'1" and 153, you are not eating enough, you therefore will not recover, and your progress will be compromised no matter how small your jumps are.
    Im doing 5 lb jumps each workout. This may be a dumb question to ask but how much more calories do you think i might need to take in? I tried to cut weight a while ago and kinda starved myself at a measly 1200 cals a day. Now, im taking 3200. I might try eating about 300 more and see what happens? I do cardio twice a week for 30 minutes. Light jog.

Why would a mentally healthy adult male that is 6' 1" think he needs to get down to 153? I think your problems may be outside the scope of this board.

Sushi - It would be a good idea if you went on 70sbig.com and read the latest post on what a food plan looks like.
    With yoiur height and weight and lack of strength - you need to triple your current caloric intake- no shitting.

sushi362 Guest

Why would a mentally healthy adult male that is 6' 1" think he needs to get down to 153? I think your problems may be outside the scope of this board.
    Actually, im 17 years old. I never really had a 6 pack before so i tried to get myspace ripped. That led me to doing 60 minutes of cardio 4 times a week for three months. After realizing that losing any more weight would make me look more like a anatomy class skeleton, i decided to put the abs and biceps on hold and get bigger and stronger.

Then we'll attribute that to part of a young man's learning process. Now, get your calories up to 5000/day before you post another response. Go.

starting strength coach development program
    As a former 6' 1" 150lber (now 200lbs and gaining) I can tell you that you need to go on a see-food diet (get it? you see food, you eat it!), drink a GOMAD, and get your squat up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast