starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Excessive layback?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    You MORONS. I am 54 years old, 20 years past my prime. It is well known that all my best lifting is behind me. I have millions of little accumulated injuries, I have been operated on more times than I can remember, I don't sleep well, and I train merely to stave off functional death. My lifts are not impressive -- at least they shouldn't be -- and my primary value lies in my ability to tell you what not to do wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You MORONS.... <snip> ...my primary value lies in my ability to tell you what not to do wrong.
    For which we're genuinely grateful.

You are battle-scarred, and weary, and as my boss, who is just about the same age likes to say, 'time-tested'. Duly noted.

I don't think anyone was trying to be patronizing, or what have you.
    I'd imagine they were just saying the things they'd like to hear said to them, regardless of the reality of the situation (that you don't need a cheering section to feel good about your lifts, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You MORONS. I am 54 years old, 20 years past my prime. It is well known that all my best lifting is behind me. I have millions of little accumulated injuries, I have been operated on more times than I can remember, I don't sleep well, and I train merely to stave off functional death. My lifts are not impressive -- at least they shouldn't be -- and my primary value lies in my ability to tell you what not to do wrong.
    Shut up, silly. We all love you and think you do a good job, and would be happy to lift as much at 34, let alone 54.

starting strength coach development program
    Wow, you're only 54?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234