starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More on power rack plan

Default More on power rack plan

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi Rip,

would it be possible for you to post some more photos or drawings of your power rack plan? I am currently trying to find a good place locally (South Australia) who can build it for me and i figure the more material i can give them, the less chance they will have of completely ball-sing it up.

I will of course give them the technical drawing from the resource page and i suppose that should really be enough, but it would make me feel better if they have absolutely no doubt how it should turn out. If you had any more photos akin to the one of the washer welded to the bolt - attached to the power rack plan - that would be ideal.

Also, can you give me any more guidance on how to install the floor once the rack is complete? Ie, is it screwed/bolted/glued down, etc.

Thankyou so much for this fantastic resource, any response is appreciated,
    Adam Bennett.

The floor is 3/4" plywood, lag-bolted to the frame.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark Rippetoe; 08-11-2010 at 02:24 PM.

Thumbs up excellent

Thanks for the photos. I'm about to have this rig welded up shortly. Man I would give my left nut to workout in that facility. MAN! Wish yall would setup shop round here...

In light of that comment it is especially interesting that we have about 50 members.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    In light of that comment it is especially interesting that we have about 50 members.
    You obviously need more spin classes.

Are you shitting me? I see 50 people every damn day at my globogym and it is the least-equipped of all of their locations within a 45 minute drive (there's about 9 of them within that distance).

Maybe you need more ellipticals?

You're not advertising enough.

Default whoa!

"In light of that comment it is especially interesting that we have about 50 members."
    Whoa! I always pictured your gym membership to be much, much higher. I am surprised.

You've got to be freakin' kidding.

In this Internet world you'd think it oughta be like Mecca by now, with formerly weak fucks choosing to make a pilgrimage at least once in their lifetimes.

Thanks Rip.

starting strength coach development program
    50 members???

I'm trying to figure out how cost-effective it would be just to come there from Tokyo for one of the weekend seminars. Although I have both the main books, I feel some hands-on training is very much needed. Anyone remotely in your area would be a fool not to take advantage of your gym and wide-range of available knowledge on proper barbell training.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast