starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Squats & Knee Pain

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I teach freshman and sophomore college calculus courses. If you tell the smart kiddies to read/study/do something that will help them, almost all of them won't. They already know better. They prefer you tell them where the solutions manual is. Or where they can look up solutions online. Shortcuts. Everybody wants more shortcuts for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    That have stopped teaching everything basic in schools.
    Your cynicism is expanding it's hold on you. Beware of the over cynical lifestyle!

Quote Originally Posted by spar View Post
    Have they stopped teaching basic STI prevention in schools?
    When you account for the mind of the average American teenager you may realize it was never necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emaciated Freak View Post
    When you account for the mind of the average American teenager you may realize it was never necessary.
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by spar View Post
    Huh?
    The mind of the American teenager is one of the most filthy things in the world, I've seen this firsthand.

To clarify: you're saying it was never necessary to teach kids about STDs in school.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    To clarify: you're saying it was never necessary to teach kids about STDs in school.
    For the most part, no. Seems to be just a drain on tax payer money.

I agree. Kids either find out about this shit because the care for themselves, or they don't care and don't learn anyway.

starting strength coach development program
    Freak, adults have incredibly filthy minds, too. If you’re expecting your mind to get less filthy when you grow up, you will be disappointed. Having a filthy mind is the human condition, unless there is something wrong with you.

A lot of the people I know seem to have found the lessons useful. Myself included. I am routinely distressed by the ignorance of others when it comes to sexual matters, and those people generally had insufficient or nonexistent sex ed in school. And the taxpayer expense seemed minimal to me. It was hardly a big production. Just a couple lectures with quality information. Giving kids information is rarely a waste of time, if it it’s factual and useful information. While many don’t benefit, some of them are smart and will learn.

The issue is that the success of sex ed and the ability of students to absorb it is dependent on the same factors that lead to the success of math class and the ability of students to absorb it. All the same, getting rid of math or sex ed entirely in those cases hardly seems the right answer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234