starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soccer, again (sorry)

Default Soccer, again (sorry)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi rip,

I did SS for 3 months in pre season. It has helped to alleviate my patellar tendinitis.

Now that I'm playing again, I have stopped weight training completely. What I wanted to know is whether playing soccer will make my legs stronger, enable me to maintain my current strength or will I gradually become weaker again?

I remember you saying that running elicits the least valuable adaption; but soccer is basically 90 minutes of interval training.

Would you recommend that a soccer player continue to train with weights during the competitive season?

Wayne, you're supposed to be smarter than this. Is any kind of running in any way comparable to squatting in any way? ROM? Loads? Duration? If strength is an asset to a soccer player, then of course it's worthwhile to maintain it during the period of time you'd like to use the strength.

What are the reasons you wouldn't keep training during the competitive season? Even with the risk of injury, it's still better than the guaranteed risk of reinflaming your patellar tendinitis.

Btw, have you ever googled yourself?

If all stresses were the same, I would be able to patty cake myself to a 600 bench press.

Quote Originally Posted by PressesPeople View Post

Btw, have you ever googled yourself?
    What is going on here?

I dont think he is the real Rooney!

I think he is the real one, mainly because he was trying to promote the same boxer here that he did on his twitter account that has over 2.2 million followers. But maybe he's just a super skilled copycat.

That would explain why he hasn't responded. You useless fuckers outed the guy.

I doubt he's afraid of being recognized, since he used his actual name. But the prostitute comment was...unnecessary. Besides, who gives a fuck? Tabloids are goddamn disgusting/inaccurate anyhow. Peoples' private lives should remain private. I have the utmost disrespect for people who make careers of that.

starting strength coach development program
    I'm actually kinda proud of him for that. Older gals can teach you things you really need to know. It's important to see past the superficial.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast