starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your thoughts on Elbow Sleeves?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Everyone's elbow miseries are a little different in nature and location but I've found this to be helpful. Work on the L5 pressure point.

The L5 in this case is the Lung meridian point #5. http://www.yinyanghouse.com/acupuncturepoints/lu5

AKA, the brachioradialus muscle as Galen would have said it.

We use it a lot in mushin ryu in the non-restorative sense as one of the destructive arts. Your arm weakens and often collapses and bends or you lose your grip entirely with a knife hand (shuto) or dead hand strike to it.

But before I even took up that art and learned that aspect, I had frequent troubles with the same problem you two are. It also can be an indicator of carpal tunnel. Anyway, dig in hard on L5 and hold for 3 seconds. Release and wait 3 seconds and start moving around the elbow with the same 3/3 intervals. Then start working down the top outside of your forearm toward the wrist between the radius and the ulna looking for "hot spots" that feel tender. Give them the same 3/3 treatment. You might also try the muscle belly on the inside of the forearm in the same gap between the radius and ulna. This works very well in the early stages of carpal tunnel and it has worked pretty well for me with the elbow problem. Then put a cold pack around the affected elbow(s) for 10-15 minutes every hour or so.

More Eastern ooga-booga. But it has worked for me and a few others I've used it on and recommended it to.

starting strength coach development program
    Hard to tell without seeing a video, but the bar is often fine for the first few reps then starts to slide when fatique sets in reps 4/5 or higher.

Get the position perfect and try putting chalk all over your t-shirt where the bar sits. It feels very secure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12