starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength is Everywhere These Days

Default Starting Strength is Everywhere These Days

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    OK, I finally got the skinny from our daughter about her suddenly renewed interest in lifting. It seems one of her websites, xojane had an article by one Dana MacMahan on powerlifting. She pointed me to the place and I read it. Holy cow, MS MacMahan even mentions Starting Strength as a good place to go to get started. So this is a win-win all around. http://www.xojane.com/healthy/how-to...ifting-weights

A few nice things in the comments too.

MEH what are you linking us to here ?!

The story on the top left: "Sex on Drugs: A Guide". Top right: "Ask a Gyno: Can I put this in my V ?"
    Some of the other stories along the side : "Paradise! My New Gynecologist's Office Is a Studio of Vaginal Enchantment", "D*%k Psychology: Are You Still Scarred by the First Time You Saw a Penis? " and "I Got Busted at Work for Writing About Sex on the Internet"

So... what's your daughter's relationship to this site again ?

Saw the second edition pictured in Esquire magazine's Big Black Book: Spring 2012 (p 143). It has a section called "Maintenance" full of what I now know is conventional wisdom, like "Weight machines operate on fixed planes, so they're less likely to cause an injury. If you don't really know what you're doing, start here.", "There is no comfortable way to spot someone doing squats.", and a two-week workout plan with 6-7 different exercises everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by veryhrm View Post

The story on the top left: "Sex on Drugs: A Guide". Top right: "Ask a Gyno: Can I put this in my V ?"
    Some of the other stories along the side : "Paradise! My New Gynecologist's Office Is a Studio of Vaginal Enchantment", "D*%k Psychology: Are You Still Scarred by the First Time You Saw a Penis? " and "I Got Busted at Work for Writing About Sex on the Internet"

you just convinced me to go to the page

If she's promoting deep barbell squats, she can shove whatever she wants up her vagina.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    A few nice things in the comments too.
    Yeah, including a kind of backhanded reference to me near the end from our daughter. It isn't every day you get to discover one of the many things you did "wrong" long after the fact.

Our daughter is 22, a liberal feminist with a degree in sociology who graduated magna cum laude thanks of the People's Re-education Combines otherwise known as the universities in the US. I'm sure spar would be proud of her. So am I but for far different reasons and in spite of her current state of brainwashedness.

"The story on the top left: "Sex on Drugs: A Guide"
    "So... what's your daughter's relationship to this site again ?"

Better yet, whats her number?

I like Dana MacMahan. She's got a decent blog, too.

starting strength coach development program

I imagined you clutching your pearls as I read this post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast