starting strength gym
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Political question

Default Political question

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Rip, let's talk politics.

My vacation just got blown out of the water. We drove from Toronto to Asheville so far, via Charleston, and WV, Knoxville, Tn, to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway, up to Shenandoah National Park, where we were supposed to stay for two nights, including celebrating our wedding anniversary.

I wake up in Asheville this fine morning, to discover that the federal gummit has shut down, meaning so has the Blue Ridge (a national park), and so has Shenandoah (another National park).

So who should my wife be pissed at? Obama for introducing obamacare? The GOP, for deciding to draw the line on this issue, at this time? Or am I the schmuck, for booking a trip and accommodations that rely on the federal govt to be actually up and running, and not following US politics enough to know a shutdown was coming?

She's agreed to take your word on the matter.

It's a shitty park anyway. Just drive around and spend money with people not associated with the government. You're in a beautiful place, and you can enjoy it without doing business with these vermin.

I am sure there are nice state parks you can stay at

OP - the Blue Ridge Parkway is open, so check that out

not gonna tell you who to blame. but the fact of the matter is that GOP did send a compromise bill to the democrats in the senate and they are the ones who wouldn't budge on the issue. that is the reason your national parks are shut down. sorry to but in rip as the question was directed to you, feel free to delete this just trying to drop some light on this for this gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It's a shitty park anyway. Just drive around and spend money with people not associated with the government. You're in a beautiful place, and you can enjoy it without doing business with these vermin.
    I object to the classification of the Park Service as vermin.

Your advice is otherwise sound, though.
    That part of the country is pretty damn gorgeous, and there's lots of it that you can see without going into the national parks.

Ah, let me clarify. The Park Service people in particular are not who I was referring to. The Government as a whole was my "vermin" reference.

National Parks are vastly overrated, unless there is a backcountry associated with them. Generally no dogs allowed, traffic, and annoying rangers that are glorified mall cops.

Quote Originally Posted by patterson View Post
    not gonna tell you who to blame. but the fact of the matter is that GOP did send a compromise bill to the democrats in the senate and they are the ones who wouldn't budge on the issue. that is the reason your national parks are shut down. sorry to but in rip as the question was directed to you, feel free to delete this just trying to drop some light on this for this gentleman.
    There's no issue to budge on. Like it or hate it, obamacare is the law.

starting strength coach development program
    Yes, it's the Law of the Land. I heard that. Sodomy is against the law too, somewhere, right? West Virginia? Texas? Some other red state shithole?

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast