starting strength gym

Thread: 1 top level guy getting it

Default 1 top level guy getting it

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    My browser crashed so ignore if this is a re-sub.

Ryan Parsons who manages and has managed elite level mma fighters including dan henderson & randy couture believes managers such as himself should be organizing/running the athletes program including strength & conditioning.

This is what he had to say about strength & conditioning coaches, strength training for sports & what weightlifting does for his joints.

http://youtu.be/6joR5T0QCAc?t=2h42m18s

if time stamp doesn't work go to 2hrs 42mins 18 secs relevant material for a couple mins.

An excerpt from earlier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Parson
    You see this trend. For me the strength and conditioning guys are the most dangerous people in mma-the fighters camp.....They can hurt them. They have this weird ego "no one can do my workout. I broke this guy" type of thing.
    Only a matter of time before what you argue for/against now becomes considered obvious & mainstream. It'll be laughed at that people thought otherwise eventually.

Right on the money. Finally.

Dang. That was much better than I expected. I'm going to start listening from the beginning now.

I'm interested to see the benefits to his fighters like pat cummings. If they do well their ideas on this stuff will spread and become part of the sport standard. Maybe mma will be where it starts before disseminating everywhere.

Someone from SSCA should contact this guy. Would be a great way to expand the audience.

starting strength coach development program
    #GetRipontheJRE

You'll have to undo what Kelly bullshitted him with. Bright side is that Joe likes killing animals and grilling them so there's something else to talk about.