starting strength gym
Page 294 of 304 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 3039

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Watched The Last Valley (1971) last night. Starring Michael Caine and Omar Sharif and set during the Thirty Years War. It´s about a mercenary company who winter in a village that have been isolated from the war. Plenty of violence, sex and witchcraft. It can be found on YouTube in good quality The Last Valley 1971 ★ Michael Caine ★ Full Movie HD - YouTube.

It's officially October, so I've started my Halloween/Spooky Season horror movie playlist, starting with Return of the Living Dead, the 1985 punk rock horror comedy that is a spiritual sequel to Night of the Living Dead. Great soundtrack, funny as well, and a surprising amount of gore. Streaming free in Tubi.

Watched "The Legacy" last night, 70's horror flick starring Sam Shepherd as the boyfriend/business partner of a lady who is hired to do some architecture work for a mysterious client in the English countryside. Once they arrive at the manor, they find 6 other enigmatic guests there, and then things start to happen to them one by one, culminating in a pretty bizarre ending. Good 70's horror mystery with a nice payoff at the end.

The Last Voyage of the Demeter was disappointing. I am a fan of period Dracula flicks, but this just didn’t have enough to enter the canon, despite being based on a Stoker short story. Writing this, I had to think hard to remember how it even ended besides everyone being dead.

We re-watched The Exorcist III last night. George C. Scott is absolutely perfect. It also features maybe the best jump scare in all of horror.

Watched "Massacre At Central High" last night, which is a 1970's flick that seems to be your run-of-the-mill new kid comes to town, gets bullied, then gets the best of the bullies and makes friends along the way types of films, which it is for like the first half... then it turns into a straight-up Deathwish-style revenge film. I don't want to spoil too much, but imagine if Karate Kid was Charles Bronson instead of Ralph Macchio. Good flick, would recommend.

Gentlemen, gather 'round, because I've got a compelling case for why you absolutely must watch Taylor Swift's latest concert movie. Now, I know what you're thinking – "T-Swift? Isn't she all about love songs and heartbreak?" Well, brace yourselves, because you're in for a surprise!

First things first, forget the stereotypes. This concert movie is not just about heartache and ex-boyfriends. Taylor Swift is a masterful performer, and her stage presence is nothing short of electric. Her catchy tunes, witty lyrics, and infectious energy will have you tapping your feet and maybe even dancing when no one's watching.

But that's not all, fellas. Taylor Swift has that rare quality of effortlessly connecting with her audience. You'll find yourself drawn into the crowd, singing along to every word, and feeling like you're part of something special. Plus, there's a chance you'll witness a surprise guest appearance by one of your favorite artists, adding an unexpected twist to the show.

And here's the kicker – her concerts often feature some hilarious storytelling moments. Taylor's witty anecdotes and self-deprecating humor will have you laughing your heart out. She's not just a fantastic musician; she's an entertainer in the truest sense.

So, guys, don't dismiss this concert movie just because it's Taylor Swift. Give it a shot, and you might just find yourself enjoying her music, having a great time, and possibly even becoming a Swiftie in the process. Who would've thought, right?

If you want to be uncomfortable and disturbed, Threads is a 1984 TV movie that was on BBC about a nuclear war between the US and Soviet Union told through a few people in some small cities in the UK. Relevant given the current Situation. You can stream it on Prime or order a Blu-Ray: Amazon.com

Watched "Cruising" last night, William Friedkin's police procedural/slasher flick set in the NYC's leather S&M scene of the 70's. Al Pacino plays a cop going undercover in the hardcore gay leather scene to solve a series of murders of local gay men.

This movie is covered in 70's grime, everything feels hot and sweaty, and Pacino does great as a conflicted cop trying to balance his personal life, professional life, and newly acquired leather S&M life. And it ends just ambiguous enough to keep you thinking about it.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    Gentlemen, gather 'round, because I've got a compelling case for why you absolutely must watch Taylor Swift's latest concert movie. Now, I know what you're thinking – "T-Swift? Isn't she all about love songs and heartbreak?" Well, brace yourselves, because you're in for a surprise!

First things first, forget the stereotypes. This concert movie is not just about heartache and ex-boyfriends. Taylor Swift is a masterful performer, and her stage presence is nothing short of electric. Her catchy tunes, witty lyrics, and infectious energy will have you tapping your feet and maybe even dancing when no one's watching.

But that's not all, fellas. Taylor Swift has that rare quality of effortlessly connecting with her audience. You'll find yourself drawn into the crowd, singing along to every word, and feeling like you're part of something special. Plus, there's a chance you'll witness a surprise guest appearance by one of your favorite artists, adding an unexpected twist to the show.

And here's the kicker – her concerts often feature some hilarious storytelling moments. Taylor's witty anecdotes and self-deprecating humor will have you laughing your heart out. She's not just a fantastic musician; she's an entertainer in the truest sense.

So, guys, don't dismiss this concert movie just because it's Taylor Swift. Give it a shot, and you might just find yourself enjoying her music, having a great time, and possibly even becoming a Swiftie in the process. Who would've thought, right?
    I think you just like the girl. I can’t blame you, she is extremely hot.