starting strength gym
Page 49 of 301 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatPotato View Post
    On that note, never has a more accurate representation of Marine Corps bootcamp been presented than in "Full Metal Jacket"

Well, aside from the shit head offing himself and the DI in the shitter. Otherwise, a very cool and accurate portrayal. I wasnt in NAM so I cant speak to the rest of it.
    Our son's recruiting station was always very forthcoming about the recruit training half of the movie being very accurate. They were too young to have been in Vietnam, too.

I'm excited for the Assassin's Creed movie but I'm worried it'll be a flop... The lead actor was great in Inglorious Bastards and X-Men though so I'm going to choose to be optimistic.

Finally got around to watching Beasts of No Nation on Netflix. It was excellent.

Have you seen how bad Warcraft is? 22% rottentomatoe score. Expect the worst

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal_k View Post
    Have you seen how bad Warcraft is? 22% rottentomatoe score. Expect the worst
    I didn't think Prince of Persia was bad, but I may be in the minority on that one.

Maybe they should try to make a movie out of the "Fallout" games. I know there's some post apocalyptic movies out there but I find the Fallout world to be much more interesting than Mad Max.

Quote Originally Posted by MattimusMaximus View Post
    I didn't think Prince of Persia was bad, but I may be in the minority on that one.

Maybe they should try to make a movie out of the "Fallout" games. I know there's some post apocalyptic movies out there but I find the Fallout world to be much more interesting than Mad Max.
    I agree. Any world where derelict automobiles can spontaneously nuclear detonate just by being shot at with conventional firearms is the world for me.

A potential Fallout movie would be devoid of one single great element: car chases. There are no cars.

A film detailing the rise of Caesar would be nice, or perhaps the Courier and the Divide.

Quote Originally Posted by MattimusMaximus View Post
    I'm excited for the Assassin's Creed movie but I'm worried it'll be a flop... The lead actor was great in Inglorious Bastards and X-Men though so I'm going to choose to be optimistic.
    Me too man, I think it's going to be pretty good. The cinematography looks excellent from the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by The_GOAT View Post
    A film detailing the rise of Caesar would be nice, or perhaps the Courier and the Divide.
    But it would be devoid of car chases.

starting strength coach development program
    Hey Rip, I finally got to watching 2001: A Space Odyssey this weekend, after you recommended it when we talked for the podcast back in April. I'd watched it probably 15 years ago, and liked it, but was too young to really appreciate it. It's a helluva film.