starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Signs You're Drinking Coach Rip's Kool-Aid

Talking Top 10 Signs You're Drinking Coach Rip's Kool-Aid

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    10. When your wife asks how the grocery shopping went, you say, "Great! Milk was on sale!," as you jam 7 gallons of whole milk into the fridge.

9. Every time you see a guy on TV miss a layup or drop a pass or get caught stealing second, you think: "Wow, he really needs to do more squats."

8. Instead of flexing every time you walk by the mirror, you instead examine your press form.

7. You remember the exact day - six months ago - when you last did curls, so that when your friends comment on how huge you've become, you can say, "Yeah, and I haven't done a biceps curl since 1987."

6. When the old lady next door is weeding her garden, you hop the fence and tell her that she should keep her foot angle in line with her femur.

5. When your girlfriend suggests making some "amateur videos" for the web, you start putting on your squat shoes and looking for your gym bag.

Does the board have any suggestions for the last four?

The mirror at the gym is only used for surreptitiously watching others form,and zaniness during 3-7 minutes of rest (ie. speed shrugs on the Smith Machine with wraps.)

HAHAHA, nah no suggestions, but I do alot of those. If I ever have a full-body mirror in front of me, I squat in front of it to make sure that my back isn't rounding at the bottom and my knees aren't drifting forward. That's great!

I'm guilty for a couple of those haha!

4. You browse this forum everyday, anxious to read Rip's replies and watch technique videos.

3. The Smith Machine is lifted and locked to the top pin, and you are chinning from it!!

3. You check for the miracle of knee/foot alignment almost every time you stand up. Especially after taking a shit, as pointed out in Strong Enough?

3. You start regurgitating and plagiarizing quotes and Ripisms (eg, "Hillary Rodham Antichrist", "if you take steriods rather than squat heavy and drink milk, you are a fucking pussy", etc).

2. You gave away your SS 1st Edition because you bought the 2nd edition.

1. You're built like a tank and strong as an ox in less than one year.

Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    2. You gave away your SS 1st Edition because you bought the 2nd edition.
    Haha, I actually did this too! Dang I should have included it in the original list.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishman301 View Post
    If I ever have a full-body mirror in front of me, I squat in front of it to make sure that my back isn't rounding at the bottom and my knees aren't drifting forward.
    I do that too!

It's how I know my knees still have a tendency to drift forward.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubernatrix View Post
    I do that too!

It's how I know my knees still have a tendency to drift forward.
    Lol, and I also act like I'm doing a box squat everytime I sit down in a chair, on the crapper, anywhere....

When I have to squat down at work, I always think to myself "ass back, not down. Keep the hamstrings tight.."

Ah, it's great being obsessed with squats. Thanks Coach!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast