starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cutting Edge Breakthrough!!! The Telegraph!! Discovery!!! Science!!!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbinck1 View Post
    It is just a stupid uninformed society that gets told protein kills your kidney, fat is like radioactive poisoning, and cardio is the elixir of youth. (sarcasm)
    Back off on the radiation. It's probably good for you...

Radiation hormesis - Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Are you tired of practicing medicine? You realize that licensure revocation procedures are already underway?
    Answer question 1: Yes, at least the way I have been forced to leave my experience and judgement "at the door".

Answer question 2: I would not doubt it, especially in the State of my birth, my parents birth, my children's birth , and several of my grandchildren's births.

Oh well, I think I will go back and prescribe some more opiates.

Regarding Anavar....not experienced with it but the reading up i've done suggests that it is not all that scary. the fact that it does not aromatize is a helpful "feature", as aromatase inhibitors are almost mandatory when prescribing bioidentical testosterone.

there was a "blip" in TRT not all that long ago, coincidently with all the advertising for "LOW T". Articles started coming out saying it was of no benefit.....However, it does have it's place and something like Anavar shouldn't be ignored.

I'm curious about the anavar discussion. Since it can't be discussed, perhaps someone could point me in a direction where the information has already been intelligently discussed?

Sorry, dad, you'll have to find that for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    96 pages of discussion on another thread would lead any rational human being to conclude opiates are nearly completely innocuous and the preferred treatment of choice for all that ails you.
    I just received an email from the University Hospital pharmacy and the Chief of Oncology. They have a crisis shortage of IV opiates.....and literally they have t o "ration" doses based on a subjective need basis. this is in a metropolis of 10 million.

Opiates are useful. Context matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Burnett View Post
    I just received an email from the University Hospital pharmacy and the Chief of Oncology. They have a crisis shortage of IV opiates.....and literally they have t o "ration" doses based on a subjective need basis. this is in a metropolis of 10 million.

yes, we are also being told that dilaudid is in short supply. But thankfully, I almost never give that. Seriously, do you have cancer? Are you dying? I'm sorry, your pain from your URI cough does not warrant dilaudid.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Burnett View Post

Opiates are extremely useful. The type of situation you mention is mentioned several times in the other thread as being the most appopriate use of opiates. Hem/Onc patients, and those admitted for acute trauma actually need opiates. Opiates, though, are utterly useless for the management of chronic musculoskeletal pain outside of musculoskeletal malignancy. Rough estimate would put approximately 10% of the patients I see in a given week are on long term, chronic opioids for post-surgical pain (most I've seen was for a modified brostrom procedure from 11 years ago), fibromyalgia / chronic pain syndrome, chronic low back pain, and chronic cervicalgia without radiculopathy. It is also not enough to make me look twice any more to have someone come in with 5 days of acute LBP that are on already on opioids, baclofen, and nortriptyline or amitriptyline.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123