starting strength gym

Thread: Trends in people who can't keep lumbar extended

Default Trends in people who can't keep lumbar extended

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Coach Rippetoe.

Have you ever noticed Asian lifters seem to have a higher proportion of issues with keeping their low backs in extension in the (conventional) deadlift?
    It seems that way to me.

Maybe it is that their spinal erector bellies kind of rise up under load.
    And couple that^ with the fact that these typically skinny people also have no asses/glutes to speak of,
    it looks like most of the time they are in flexion ... an illusion of sorts.
    But I don't think so.

OR

Maybe that Asian "archetype" body is long torso/short femur, and there is just bad leverage from the hip to the shoulder (long back)?

Have you observed this?
    I'm not saying 100% of the time or anything.
    But say a higher proportion than normal.

I have noticed that people with long torsos/short legs have a leverage problem relative to the other configuration: they have a longer flexible segment that must be stabilized during moment force transfer. This can be corrected by building a huge slab of erector belly. I have also noticed that the longer-torso configuration is more common in Asian people, although not universal. So, I think that you are a Racist, and that I am merely a professional observer. As a result, you should immediately kill yourself, and I will raise my rates.