starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadlift lagging way behind

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Since the video is no longer there, I can't see, but "much better' is usually not ambiguous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Since the video is no longer there, I can't see, but "much better' is usually not ambiguous.
    That's odd, I just went to the youtube link and it is there.

I just want to tell you that I would never remove a video I have posted to this board because I know your rules.

Thanks

Barry

The difference in the two videos is about 100 lbs on the squats. In the one that you got the ok on you do 170 and are able to control the weight on the decent much better, at 265 you are not controling the weight and letting it push you down, and your knees foward, at the bottom. i had the same problem but was able to fix it by working on decent mechanics as recomended by Coach Rip. Perhaps the same approach may work for you?

-Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Callahan View Post
    The difference in the two videos is about 100 lbs on the squats. In the one that you got the ok on you do 170 and are able to control the weight on the decent much better, at 265 you are not controling the weight and letting it push you down, and your knees foward, at the bottom. i had the same problem but was able to fix it by working on decent mechanics as recomended by Coach Rip. Perhaps the same approach may work for you?

-Robert
    Thanks Robert, but that's not my perception at all when I lift the weight. It does not push me down, I control the descent just fine.

Knees forward has always been an issue for me and I know what I need to do to address it.

Quote Originally Posted by banderbe View Post
    Thanks Robert, but that's not my perception at all when I lift the weight.
    Sometimes your "perception" when you lift does not match reality, this is why we have coaches, to tell us what we are actually doing, not what we think we are doing.

starting strength coach development program
    Excellent observation, Robert.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12