starting strength gym
Page 2561 of 3026 FirstFirst ... 1561206124612511255125592560256125622563257126112661 ... LastLast
Results 25,601 to 25,610 of 30253

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Ok, for one, I don't think whether or not we have or win a conflict with China or Russia will change that situation, so respectfully I return to my original musing of why exactly we even need to engage them. The situation you are concerned about in this post is going to happen either way. But I ask you to define "pain". Will regular people who know how to work with what they have suffer or will it be city elites who all of a sudden can't get the new Apple phone? I think it's only the globalists who will truly suffer. The rest of us will buckle down and go back to the pre-globalist era where America actually makes things. And yeah, it might suck for six months while we get our heavy manufacturing up and running again but we'll be better in the long run. I don't think we disagree as to what needs to happen.
    Like a rubber band being pulled further and further, there is going to be a snap back to reality as the globalist order runs out of steam to pull the rubber band. It is inevitable.
    Except the “snap” is historically accompanied by a lot of violence. The faster and harder the snap, the more violence there is. “might suck for 6 months” may be underestimating what could happen. The people that suffer rarely stay quietly and suffer and die politely in their blue hives.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    What you described is race warfare, not class warfare. What needs to happen IS a sort of class warfare, but it should be everyone else vs a very, very small class that has amassed retarded amounts of money and power, along with their trusted servants (most of our political leaders would be those).
    Race warfare is Marxism now. Race was swapped in around the 60’s and 70’s, and when that didn’t work it became the “oppressed” that was swapped in, and it didn’t really get going until intersectionality was “invented” which allowed oppression to be ranked, and everyone to have an aspect of their personality to identify with that allowed them to simultaneously be both oppressed and oppressor. And dutifully struggle to remain in the oppressed class and avoid oppressing. It really got going in the middle of occupy wall street as the “progressive stack” which perfectly symbolizes modern life because every graduate of education has been primed to at least understand the argument if not outright identify with it.

Rip are you still looking for interesting guests for the podcast? James Lindsey is Texas based if I recall and would be more than happy to join for a few appearances. He’s a mathematician turned anti marxist researcher. I can try contacting him on twitter if he’s interesting enough for the podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Ok, for one, I don't think whether or not we have or win a conflict with China or Russia will change that situation, so respectfully I return to my original musing of why exactly we even need to engage them.
    If the heroine addict is eventually going to overdose anyway, why does he fight tooth and nail for his next fix?

Will regular people who know how to work with what they have suffer or will it be city elites who all of a sudden can't get the new Apple phone?
    Hard to say exactly how bad it will be. How much of the military can they convince that the collapse was all the fault of their "domestic terrorist" neighbors? As you know, they're planting those seeds already.

Barring civil war, the most affected regular people will be the ones in the outskirts of big cities, as the feral urban hordes roam into the suburbs and beyond looking for food and "stuff".

Following his Nordstream story, Seymour Hersh gave his first public interview to a dissident outlet. Being 85 just became a lot more glamorous.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Barring civil war, the most affected regular people will be the ones in the outskirts of big cities, as the feral urban hordes roam into the suburbs and beyond looking for food and "stuff".
    Load and lock.

The "outskirts" or rural people think, "I'll just hunt my food." When it comes to that particular aspect of survival the TV series Jericho pretty much nailed it with regard to how that's going to work out.

Likewise with water. "I'm on a well!" Great, how are you going to get the water out of the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    Load and lock.

The "outskirts" or rural people think, "I'll just hunt my food." When it comes to that particular aspect of survival the TV series Jericho pretty much nailed it with regard to how that's going to work out.

Likewise with water. "I'm on a well!" Great, how are you going to get the water out of the ground?
    Just consider the great toilet paper war of 2020.

As Mystery Objects Get Shot Down, U.S. Sets Up New Task Force on UFOs - WSJ

U.S. officials said they couldn’t explain what three airborne objects shot down over the weekend were
    Amid a baffling series of incidents in which the U.S. has shot down three unidentified flying objects, the White House said Monday it would create a team expected to study airborne objects and the potential security and safety risks they pose.

The new group, created at the behest of national-security adviser Jake Sullivan, would comprise elements of the Pentagon, the Federal Aviation Administration, the Department of Homeland Security and other government agencies, said U.S. officials.
    They shot down 3 objects, they didn't know what they were, and they still don't know what they were. What can you say?

Load and lock.

I hear ya, but hand pump wells work pretty darn good. Spring fed creeks are a good source of fresh water too. Wood burning stove, etc, it's not too difficult. Just takes a little planning and preparation.

Load and lock.

Jericho was a really fun TV show.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    ...I hear what you are saying. But the problem is, These enactments will end up becoming precedents that will eventually be utilized against you and the people that matter to you. And it doesn't matter whether "you" think you are "productive" or not. They will make that call based on their calculations. Hence, if these ideas can be nipped in the bud before they take hold and accepted as a societal norm, then it should be attacked and at best slowed down.
    Imagine what monstrosities we will see if the autistic-transexual-transhumanist computer programmers find themselves in charge of eugenics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I like your analysis, but I came across a decent argument recently. It says that the goal of Marxism was to revolutionize agrarian countries and force industrialization paid for by the taxpayer, which would later on be privatized. So a double whammy, first you profit from taxing the taxpayer via inflation and debt, then the usual suspects privatize the industries at bargain prices. As it happened all over the communist world. The West is probably in a reverse stage of that, old tactics for a new era.
    That would bring the cycle full circle in a logical way.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    ...What class warfare we DO have is usually this top group manipulating the poor into coming after the middle and upper class for THEIR money, and also race and gender strife, all designed to divert our attention from them. There's a reason this social justice insanity mysteriously blew up in the media after Occupy Wall Street. The movement itself was wrecked by these people appearing and being elevated within it. The focus shifted away from all the insane excesses and illegal shit Wall Street not only gets away with but reaps immense rewards from, and instead moved to the "progressive stack". The same big businesses that thrive in this system became some of the biggest supporters of this nonsense. They basically pulled COINTELPRO shit.
    Good point; Occupy Wallstreet should not be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    As Mystery Objects Get Shot Down, U.S. Sets Up New Task Force on UFOs - WSJ
    They shot down 3 objects, they didn't know what they were, and they still don't know what they were. What can you say?
    I don't know for certain that they actually shot down any objects.
    Their past behavior necessitates a higher burden of proof for any new claims.