starting strength gym
Page 2573 of 3079 FirstFirst ... 15732073247325232563257125722573257425752583262326733073 ... LastLast
Results 25,721 to 25,730 of 30783

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    What the hell am I supposed to do to prepare for a massively pessimistic future (Yngvi would say realistic) in which a system is put into place to like lock me down in my house indefinitely?
    You sound like my Fiance who I would say is partially demoralised.

You remember that these systems are always temporary because they cannot last as they are in opposition to reality, you keep yourself informed and try to place yourself in cracks/avoid major disruptions to you and your family. Like a Rat surviving the storm. Remember it won't last.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Freedom of religion dude.

She can cast spells while others pray.

In other historical sagas, see "Elijah vs. Priests of Baal".
    I had to look up Elijah et al and finally watched a cartoon. I’m going with the witch and her spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    I had to look up Elijah et al and finally watched a cartoon. I’m going with the witch and her spells.
    Barry, she’s a Dabbler, like Uncle Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Do you actually even care about steps to take to avoid getting hurt by future lockdowns, or are you just patronizing people?
    Yeah, I’m patronizing. I’m the one who has made all these unfounded assumptions about you, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    My Uncle doesn’t, because: “there’s a bullet out there with my name on it”.

He does not care about the concept of relative velocity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I don't! I don't wear a seatbelt! Because I don't want to!
    In case you were thinking Rip's seatbelt decision sounded too much like your kooky uncle, VNV:
    The mandatory seatbelt laws were the auto industry's way to avoid paying for mandatory air bags; they had absolutely nothing to do with the safety effectiveness of seatbelts, which is actually quite questionable.
    We ended up getting the mandatory airbags anyway and we (the consumers) have to eat that cost thanks to yet another government agency chasing utopia and trying to save humans from themselves (the bureaucrats are so admirably selfless!)

They are all cunts! It's as simple as that.
    Alan Dershowitz Walks Back His 2020 Enthusiasm For Forced Vaccination

In case you were thinking Rip's seatbelt decision sounded too much like your kooky uncle, VNV:
    The mandatory seatbelt laws were the auto industry's way to avoid paying for mandatory air bags; they had absolutely nothing to do with the safety effectiveness of seatbelts, which is actually quite questionable.
    We ended up getting the mandatory airbags anyway and we (the consumers) have to eat that cost thanks to yet another government agency chasing utopia and trying to save humans from themselves (the bureaucrats are so admirably selfless!)
    I know an ambulance worker who responded to a bad head-on collision on a highway in Oklahoma late one night. Child in the back seat was eviscerated by the edge of the seat belt against its lap, guts in the floor. Everybody else died too, all wearing seat belts.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    You sound like my Fiance who I would say is partially demoralised.

You remember that these systems are always temporary because they cannot last as they are in opposition to reality, you keep yourself informed and try to place yourself in cracks/avoid major disruptions to you and your family. Like a Rat surviving the storm. Remember it won't last.
    How exactly am I demoralized? The future is completely uncertain, I for one am not preparing for a harsher lockdown future because I do not think there will be one.

In slight defense of my Uncle (not Uncle Andrew), he's been a building engineer with the Sears Tower since it was built (1970-1974). I think that has been a formative experiencecross-section to disaster in that place goes up with time, and has significant support from a subset of your peers. Perhaps the not most dangerous example is, as a young guy, you get to scale the things shown below, and sit/kneel/stand on the very top of them, with a helicopter(s?) flying overhead. It is always windy up there. It is not a stable platform.

https://artincontext.org/wp-content/...r-Antennae.jpg ("Willis", pah!)

They do wear harnesses, which covers most catastrophe.

It's probably more dangerous inside the building where real pressure and power lives.

I know an ambulance worker who responded to a bad head-on collision on a highway in Oklahoma late one night. Child in the back seat was eviscerated by the edge of the seat belt against its lap, guts in the floor. Everybody else died too, all wearing seat belts.
    Bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Dershowitz enjoys touching the third rail. Irresistible, like that scene in the Lighthouse towards the end of the movie, just before the Seagulls eat.

starting strength coach development program
    At the risk of being banned forever, come on Coach, this is a really bad argument.