starting strength gym
Page 2904 of 3026 FirstFirst ... 1904240428042854289429022903290429052906291429543004 ... LastLast
Results 29,031 to 29,040 of 30255

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Yeah, that's a popular historical rewrite.
    The official narrative, like usual, is the rewrite.

The same people who will tell you about how honest Abe just wanted to free all those poor miserable slaves will tell you how we were just minding our own business and, out of nowhere, Japan bombed Pearl Harbor.

You could get a fairly accurate account of things up through the 1950's even in public school textbooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    The losers are never the ones who get to do the Rewrite. But, a Rewrite ALWAYS take place.

So, I'm going with my smirking Dad's take: it was and always will be "The War of Northern Aggression".
    It's amazing how many people will acknowledge some sort of version of "The victors write history.", but never actually apply it to the lens they use to view American history.

Even more amazing is how the current crop of Leftist can be broadly correct when they talk about corporations running the world, the police state, American imperialism, ect., but still manage to be factually wrong in almost every single detail.

It's like they're all on the end of the Covid Bell curve where a bunch of low IQ people did zero research, but still went with "I'm not trusting these people." gut instinct.

The Abbeville Institute is a great source for actual history of the times around the death of states rights. They have a good mix of good writers and refer to actual source materials instead of the usual circle jerk of approved academics quoting each other.

Abbeville Institute – Explore the Southern Tradition

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    The losers are never the ones who get to do the Rewrite. But, a Rewrite ALWAYS take place.
    American imperialism began through subjugation of the states.

lincoln.jpg

The commies loved Lincoln, and the Judeo-American Empire that sprouted from those seeds hates Southern culture every bit as much as they hated German culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Zaks View Post
    You gave up on the Libertarian Party, but if enough of you don't try to organize, you have an idea of what's liable to happen. What do you have to lose if you don't start with a few people who will tell their families and friends, and reach a few more, etc.. You may finally get enough people to realize that you are in it together. If not, as separate individuals you are doomed. Tell me why I’m wrong. I am going to die. Maybe before I send this off. I’m trying to help. I could be deadlifting which was scheduled for today, but I thought I will try again to reach you Rip. .
    Thanks for the kind words, Larry. When it's time, people will act. But care must be taken. Surely you realize that they monitor this forum? All the shit we've said over the past 3 years has probably attracted attention, unless they are far more incompetent that we already think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    The same people who will tell you about how honest Abe just wanted to free all those poor miserable slaves will tell you how we were just minding our own business and, out of nowhere, Japan bombed Pearl Harbor.
    There's rewrites on both sides for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    From Civil war | Definition, Causes, & Theories | Britannica:

Civil war, a violent conflict between a state and one or more organized non-state actors in the state's territory. Civil wars are thus distinguished from interstate conflicts (in which states fight other states), violent conflicts or riots not involving states (sometimes labeled intercommunal conflicts), and state repression against individuals who cannot be considered an organized or cohesive group, including genocides, and similar violence by non-state actors, such as terrorism or violent crime.

The American civil war began when various southern militias seized federal assets (forts, arsenals, etc.) in January and February of 1861. On 6 March, the southern states authorized President Davis to raise an army of a hundred thousand men.
    In my opinion one small thing is left out of your definition that would allow the War Between States to be considered a civil war. A civil war would be all that you listed AND the desire to over throw or change the existing government. The Confederate States did not want to over throw the North, but instead create their own - apart from a culturally and economically separate people.

Case in point: The American Revolution was called a civil war at its outset, but smarter people (interestingly enough, a SOUTHERNER) prevailed and called it a revolution. Then the separatists gained support and eventually "won" and we were all taught to call it something different by school house rock, our parents and schools. The "guerillas" became "patriots." The intrepid founding fathers became heroes.

The Confederate Revolution would be exactly that if but for a few turns of events, including the decision to not march on DC and the enslavement of Irish immigrants in New York to use a cannon fodder and the moniker "War of Northern Aggression" becomes well earned by the scorched earth policy of Sherman's March to the Sea.

At the heart of the matter is this: The War Between States was not about slavery but was about the question of state's rights and local governance. I was taught that the question had been answered by the American Civil War as my education called it. However, upon closer inspection it doesn't hold water and the answer is only "we have more guns, do what we say." We come back to "might makes right" which was supposed to go away back in Camelot (King Arthur not JFK).

Historical re-write or not, there are valid reasons to re-examine the name of those bloodiest years of American history and consider carefully what you were taught in grade school.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Zaks View Post
    Why is Trump not jailed for contempt of court? When I last checked, he had 91 felony counts against him. The poll numbers keep rising with each bogus court case brought against him. Anyone who talks to a judge the way he has gets jailed for contempt of court. I think the Dems are terrified that the MAGA supporters are armed to the teeth and will go on a killing spree. I don't want to see civil war in the USA but how can the country change if the left wing professors and school teachers are left to teach the young such lies as there is no biology, a man is a woman etc.. Is there another way out?

What do you have to lose? It may as well be the Alamo the way America is going. What can the Feds do? Send in the military? Nuke you? There must be enough MAGA military, police with surplus military equipment, citizens who are fed up including Mexican Americans and even numerous missile bases in Texas
    Nike Missile Locations Texas
    to threaten the Feds if they start up with you.

It's what we called in the 1960's MAD, mutually assured destruction. Are you telling me the Feds are crazy enough to get nuked and destroy everything? Even the Commies backed down when President Kennedy threatened to nuke them in 1962. The missiles were removed from Cuba. You know that.

Please tell me why you won't make a last stand when you are doomed. What's there to lose? I hope I'm wrong. Rip, it's true you are an unbelievably strong human being who survived 11 surgeries and does unbelievably difficult strength training that would kill just about anybody your age and a lot younger.

I owe my life to you when I sprinted to safety with bombs going off not long ago. Anybody else my age of 74 in Israel, probably would have died. I do no cardio and only strength train. You were the one who got Crossfit to do some serious strength training, and I somehow find an idiot trainer at one of the first Crossfit gyms in LA. You know who he is. He could have killed me with a completely stupid workout where I joked, "A__ It's a good thing I have traveller's health insurance because if I have a heart attack and don't die, the insurance will cover the hospital charges." A__ is so fuckin stupid he keeps pushing me when I'm ready to vomit my guts out. I'm so stubborn. I don't quit. I surf and take heavy beatings. If you don’t believe me try it sometime in waves of a few feet. I’ve seen stars when I've done deadlifts. I may be stupid but I'm not a pussy.

You gave up on the Libertarian Party, but if enough of you don't try to organize, you have an idea of what's liable to happen. What do you have to lose if you don't start with a few people who will tell their families and friends, and reach a few more, etc.. You may finally get enough people to realize that you are in it together. If not, as separate individuals you are doomed. Tell me why I’m wrong. I am going to die. Maybe before I send this off. I’m trying to help. I could be deadlifting which was scheduled for today, but I thought I will try again to reach you Rip. .
    Look dude, we may do a lot of griping in this thread, but that's all it is. No one is advocating for any type of armed resistance or domestic terrorism. That's 100% not going to solve anything.

I live in MAGA country, and would people prefer if dudes didn't compete in women's sports? Sure. But no one thinks any type of political violence is a solution.

Also... don't you live in Israel? Why is an Israeli openly advocating for this shit on a public American forum? Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    The Abbeville Institute is a great source for actual history of the times around the death of states rights. They have a good mix of good writers and refer to actual source materials instead of the usual circle jerk of approved academics quoting each other.

Abbeville Institute – Explore the Southern Tradition
    Yes! I second this. When I was participating in a debate once I quoted Clyde Wilson and was told I took him out of context. I wrote him for clarification and he not only responded and explained he found out I was homeschooling and sent the children a signed copy of his book. I have greatly enjoyed Abbeville's content and used a number of their lectures in our history curriculum to balance out the "standard" narratives. Defending Dixie is an excellent book, if you haven't read it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    Look dude, we may do a lot of griping in this thread, but that's all it is. No one is advocating for any type of armed resistance or domestic terrorism. That's 100% not going to solve anything.

I live in MAGA country, and would people prefer if dudes didn't compete in women's sports? Sure. But no one thinks any type of political violence is a solution.

Also... don't you live in Israel? Why is an Israeli openly advocating for this shit on a public American forum? Hmm
    Zactly. The worst that will happen is people will stop caring or even paying attention. I'm there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post

Same here. Obviously, I have commented on ways forward I see that could potentially preserve certain important things, but do I seek violence? No, I don't even advocate for it. I seek freedom from the government, but advocate for civic, moral and spiritual duty. Sacrifice and hard work on behalf of others, but given freely. Forgiveness AND wisdom.

It's the beauty of our human existence: it's not until we become competent and dangerous that we begin to truly appreciate gentleness and civility. It's one of the tragedies of our existence that our pride and greed can blind us to the worth of what we have until we lose it.

But I will not live in fear, regardless.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, Larry. When it's time, people will act. But care must be taken. Surely you realize that they monitor this forum? All the shit we've said over the past 3 years has probably attracted attention, unless they are far more incompetent that we already think they are.
    Mark
    It's only recently that I started to pay attention to how fascistic the USA main stream media has become. It sickens me, because I care about the USA, the land of my birth where I spent the first half of my life. I could never believe until recently that your forum could attract the attention of the Feds who I thought must have much more important targets. I subscribed to Peter McCullough and John Leake at substack and just searched about 15 minutes for an article that stated that the federal government was looking for anybody who retreated Trump or something to that effect, which astounded me. I couldn't find it, but here is something similar.
    US Government Officials Sought To Censor Narratives and Interfere In 2020 Election, Newly Released Emails Show

US Government Officials Sought To Censor Narratives and Interfere In 2020 Election, Newly Released Emails Show
    Department of Homeland Security officials and contractors urged censorship not just of “disinformation” but of stories they didn’t like

In the 1960s, the main stream media like Time magazine and the New York Times lied about the anti-Vietnam war protestors. I know because I was at events like the October 1967 peace march on the Pentagon. The mall in DC along the reflecting pool was completely filled up with protestors. I waited 45 minutes and didn’t move an inch, gave up, and returned to my motel. The photo in Time magazine showed about 5,000 people. I was listening to Reuters news available in Manhattan on WBAI, an ad free listener supported FM radio station. Reuters reported there was bubonic plague in Vietnam due to defoliation of the jungle by the US military. I thought it impossible, until I read the same thing in an article in the San Francisco Sunday newspaper about 25 years later.

A lot of young people like myself believed that fighting in a country like Vietnam was unlike World War II that we would have supported and fought in like my father. Vietnam War protestors were beaten up by the cops, a few were killed, some had drugs planted on them, but whatever damage that was done was nothing compared to what I now know can be done today because of such advanced technology. I was extremely lucky on a number of occasions not to have been killed or horribly injured by police, because with one exception I was always polite to them no matter what I thought. They were doing what I have come to realize is a terribly difficult job protecting the peace and serving people.

Mark, I agree with you, care must be taken. I hope that the time to act will come very soon, because too many at the top of the Democratic Party and the radical left at the universities and public schools are getting crazier and crazier. I write this and know that it’s true because I have listened to Megyn Kelly, Mark Levin, Douglas Murray, Matt Taibbi, Glenn Greenwald and others who say the same thing. America is becoming fascist. I watched this Youtube video by Megyn Kelly and Mark Levin

What's Behind the Democrats' Long Game When it Comes to Illegal Immigration, with Mark Levin
    What's Behind the Democrats' Long Game When it Comes to Illegal Immigration, with Mark Levin - YouTube

I have watched enough of these videos to know that Greenwald, a Jew hates Israel. Taibbi hates Trump’s policies. They are not lying. Yet it's so hard to believe and such a cognitive dissonance that the country that we were told as children was the greatest in the world that could do no wrong could become so horrible. I talked to a Russian a few years older than me the other day. He grew up under Stalin as a young child and then Kruschev who came to the UN, took off his shoe, pounded it like a gavel and said, “We will bury you.” I couldn’t find it, but if anyone wants to search it’s probably here.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+will+bury+you

I told that Russian that Kruschev finally defeated the USA, and the mainstream USA media has become like Pravda, the official news organ of the USSR communist party that spread lies. I joked that Americans have a Kruschev in Obama who I believe rightly or wrongly is the real president or at least some of his people, since it can’t be Biden. And I hope we don’t get Stalin. I laughed then and now, but fear that I’m right when I hope I’m wrong. I fear that the radical left wing has infected so much of the universities and public schools poisoning the youth that masculinity is toxic, there is no biological differences between male and female etc. that the only way to remove such a cancer is violent revolution and civil war. I am against that kind of violence except as a last last last resort. Mark, I hope you and the others who support freedom whether or not hate they Israel and Jews like myself are on the winning side because you genuinely support freedom. What is life worth if you are a slave that the radical left is demanding? Nothing. I’d rather be dead.

I have become so enraged at the people in this country that I could have thrown an idiot Jewish Israeli woman off a 2 story balcony the other day while waiting to pick up a package. I had to restrain myself.
    I was talking to a few people, while waiting to pick up a package, trying to help them wake up from their apathy that Israel is surrounded by people who want us all dead.
    Not everyone, but the ones who are willing to live in peace with us can not or will not fight against the people like Hamas. This woman kept threatening to call the police on me. We both knew I did nothing wrong according to the law, and I kept telling her that, while she got more and more enraged as did I while trying to calm down.

I had waited about 15 minutes and was the first in line when the lady who hands out packages came a few minutes late and was very very nervous. I became very calm and told her, “Everything is OK. I can wait. Relax.” She was so filled with anxiety it was hard to believe. I kept repeating myself, “It’s OK. Relax.” If the woman who had threatened to call the cops had heard me, she wouldn’t have believed it. I got the package and saw her and said, “I love you…” and walked away filled with terror.

I read an article that day about how the police have started to go crazy and violate the law. I, as an American, am regarded as a complete foreigner here, would have been lucky to only be shot in the head and die instantly. It could have been a lot, lot worse.
    It’s such a weird conundrum. Mark, you probably know more this second about the news from this country than I do. There’s terrible censorship and lying. People are going crazy. It was a beautiful sunny day, and I asked people if there were missile attacks near by, and I got a different story from everyone. `probably nobody knows or wants to know. I’ve been away from the USA for decades that when I last visited in 2015, I didn’t feel at all American. I don’t belong here anymore and want to leave, but at the current time it’s too dangerous until the next cease fire whenever that is.

Mark, I hope you and the others who want freedom don’t wait too long. If you do the radical left including too many of the Democratic Party will get more and more extreme and eventually become violent. I am extremely stubborn but have realized that the only way to help people including my wife and 2 adult children is to shut up. I have to say nothing but hello to everyone else except 3 friends if they ask. I am horrified at my conclusions and the ugliness in myself.