starting strength gym
Page 2924 of 3116 FirstFirst ... 1924242428242874291429222923292429252926293429743024 ... LastLast
Results 29,231 to 29,240 of 31159

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    If Israel starts at the Gaza border with Egypt and marches north while killing everybody who will not lay down arms and surrender, this will cease to be a problem, and is the cheapest way out.
    This is impossible. Israel could theoretically do this with tanks, but this would trigger a refugee crisis which would compel Arab countries to intervene, leading to a US intervention, and so on.

Protests in the West Bank over the killing of Hamas deputy political leader in Lebanon | Euronews

While the world implores Israel to tone it down due to the collateral damage of their current course. Bending over backwards to make the claim that Palestine is not Hamas..

People in the West bank decide to take to the streets to protest the death of Hamas leadership. Waving Hamas flags and calling for revenge. Kind of saying the quiet part out loud..

Iran gives them arms, but not shelter, for some reason. The British Empire started the process, and then United Nations finished fucking this up in 1948, and it can't be unfucked at this point.
    To your first point, that's easily explained. Arming them destabilizes Israel. Which is in Iran's interest. Sheltering them would destabilize Iran. Which is not in their best interest.

To the other point, I think Britain ought to be taking in ALL the refugees from this conflict. It was their brilliant idea to try to carve out a new state in Palestine with no regard for the people already living there, and they need to own the consequences. Britain is beyond saving anyway, and who knows. Maybe it would be an improvement.

If you advocate for Hamas, they will still kill you, and that is self-hatred.
    Then maybe Israel advocating for Hamas is what is getting Israelis killed? Maybe Bibi is the one who hates himself? Because Netenyahu and the Israeli government have advocated for Hamas a whole fuckload more than anyone on this forum ever has. Everyone keeps ignoring this important fact. Or am I unaware of Matt Jackson supporting Hamas' Patreon?

It's a lot like ISIS, which I believe was for the most part complete and utter nonsense. All the theater of the beheadings, regularly featured on the news and providing the morbidly curious with hours of titillation on Liveleak, one day just stopped, like a switch. Why do you think it was so easy for Trump to "get rid" of Isis? Probably because he simply dissolved whatever program was propping them up and using them. The really funny thing is Trump told you all this when he said Obama founded ISIS. He wasn't just being rhetorical, he was pointing towards the truth. And Obama's "slip of the tongue", where he said the US was training ISIL (aka ISIS), was just as much of a slip of the tongue as when Biden bragged about conducting "the biggest voter fraud operation in history". They love jerking themselves off in public while everyone watches.

CIA/US military black ops and Mossad/Israeli block ops are kissing cousins, and probably not just metaphorically. They operate in essentially the same way.

If Israel starts at the Gaza border with Egypt and marches north while killing everybody who will not lay down arms and surrender, this will cease to be a problem, and is the cheapest way out.
    That is not how it's done though. Because the Israeli military, like the modern US military, have become pussies. All they know how to do is operate under complete and utter air superiority. It's very similar to the SWAT mentality domestically. One booted foot is worth a thousand in house slippers or sandals. They don't march through anything but ashes. They bomb a place into oblivion and then sort through the rubble and baby parts after they've caused enough damage to feel safe doing so.

I do understand the Israeli military is in a sticky situation. Unlike the retarded masses, they realize that the Empire is very close to collapse, and that a new multi-polar world order is on the horizon. The Jews completely fucked up with their pivot to China (Xi told them to fuck off. See Soros' and the neocon's shift from praising China to utter contempt for the approximate time frame), and of course Russia is out of the question now. This might be their last chance to get this done without too much trouble, which is why they allowed, and I think very likely even nudged, the October 7th attacks. Tactically, it isn't an indefensible choice. But strategically, it might bite them in the ass in a very big way. And Netenyahu is probably too much of a psychopathic nut case to understand the difference. But it has nothing to do with anyone "cumming in blood", and all the other atrocity propaganda nonsense.

And again, why was this rave, full of all the hot girls who were so convenient for the "missing posters" and nightly news, suddenly moved at the last minute to where Hamas attacked? Everyone just keeps happily focusing their attention exactly where the stage magicians want you to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    This is impossible. Israel could theoretically do this with tanks, but this would trigger a refugee crisis which would compel Arab countries to intervene, leading to a US intervention, and so on.
    Yeah, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Then maybe Israel advocating for Hamas is what is getting Israelis killed? Maybe Bibi is the one who hates himself? Because Netenyahu and the Israeli government have advocated for Hamas a whole fuckload more than anyone on this forum ever has. Everyone keeps ignoring this important fact. Or am I unaware of Matt Jackson supporting Hamas' Patreon?
    It may be. Israel has funded Hamas for a long time. Nothing is as it seems. And I lack sufficient cynicism.

__________________________________________________ __

This gentleman does not lack sufficient cynicism. A remarkable column: The Bud Light Military - by John Carter

For the last decade they have been relentlessly and mercilessly whipping American whites: defaming them as racists, mocking their intelligence and manliness, tearing down their statues, erasing the names of their ancestral heroes, replacing their fictional archetypes with diverse doppelgangers in the media, disadvantaging them in education and employment, demanding that they attend racial struggle sessions. The list of outrages and humiliations is long and all too familiar, permeating as it does every one of our institutions.

But now, the Empire of Lies faces a problem.

War has returned to the world. History, its rumoured demise notwithstanding, once again stalks the land. Russia mauls the Ukraine; Israel is beset with enemies; the Empire’s influence in Africa frays by the day; China salivates over Taiwan.

Meanwhile the American domestic economy, long since hollowed out by the extractive rent-seeking of financial parasites, lurches from one crisis to the next. The Great Satan remains powerful, for the present, but the young bucks can scent that the silverback is not what he used to be. Their provocations increase in daring and intensity. If they aren’t slapped down, their boldness will only increase.

The criminal regime that has insinuated itself into the halls of American power is running against a clock. They must have a war to cover the slow collapse of their fake economy. They must have a war to prevent rival regimes from displacing their American golem. But their golem is crumbling. Therefore they must have a war sooner rather than later, because with every moment of delay America becomes weaker, while China and Russia become stronger.

Their problem is that no one wants to fight for them.

Yeah, probably.

It may be. Israel has funded Hamas for a long time. Nothing is as it seems. And I lack sufficient cynicism.

Thanks for this Mark. It can't be understated what an incredible little corner of the Internet you've carved out. So many other forum hosts and moderators get whiny and pissy with instantly banning accounts that disagree with them, but you've been patient with the worst of them and open-minded with the best of them, even when they directly challenged your straightforward positions, like anti and others have done above. Is this some common trait for Libertarians, patience for intelligent dissent? We all should be thankful to this fat, pink-skinned, GOMAD Boomer for putting up with all of us and spending his precious time on this forum.

As for the October 7th topic, few of us can be indifferent about the Israelis collaterally damaging Palestinians as that would be painfully similar to OKing Americans being the collateral damage as Saudis attacked our financial and military leadership. As you said in your T-shirt winning post, fairness is a child's concept, so if we get involved in this at all it probably should be to help the winner quickly and decisively "win" to help the conflict not spread elsewhere.

Historically these territorial conflicts probably take much longer to resolve than the fifty years that had passed when we (naively!) first butted our nose in things with peace talks for the PLO and Israel. And even 75 years is probably to soon for us to think we can police the situation to "fair" conclusion, too.

The people who don't choose to flee such contested areas, even if not actual combatants, probably have strong, blood thirsty ties to the territory that a peace talk or compromise will not quench - maybe we should be puzzled by them sticking around to be killed, rather than mourning the obvious result of their choice (this applies to the Israelis and the Palestinians - most of those 10/7 Israeli victims were inhabiting what were essentially military camps right up against the border of the Palestinian belligerents). Best to let these things play out without overt involvement until the territorial disputes are settled and calm down, which probably only happens in the century-plus timeframe (The Poles are still bitter about having lost Lvov and are itching to get it back from Ukraine!). ATM I can't think of a better solution that combines fairness and realism in the best way possible.

This gentleman does not lack sufficient cynicism. A remarkable column: The Bud Light Military - by John Carter
    This is the third time I've read that article. I think it might be fair to call it a rhetorical masterpiece.

But it has nothing to do with anyone "cumming in blood", and all the other atrocity propaganda nonsense.
    Cumming in blood is funny though. In the region of baking the baby.

This is the third time I've read that article. I think it might be fair to call it a rhetorical masterpiece.
    The age of Men is over. The time of the Orc has come.

starting strength coach development program
    As an observer from afar, I wonder how representative of the US reality this piece is; it's clearly representative of some part of the reality (in the same way this forum is), but how big that part is compared to the whole, it's difficult for me to say.
    At the same time, as someone who appreciates good writing, I thank you for bringing this piece to my attention; the way it conveys Homeric rage while at the same time avoiding cheap shot invectives is masterful. A true iron fist in a velvet glove of a polemic.
    Chapeau.

IPB