starting strength gym
Page 2951 of 3067 FirstFirst ... 1951245128512901294129492950295129522953296130013051 ... LastLast
Results 29,501 to 29,510 of 30669

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Mark, forgive me for butting in here on this conversation on PC, I believe I can tell you why I believe PC is a good thing, where shall I start? Well for me PC started when I got married, about a few weeks down the track I realized that if I did not use nice and kindly words I did not get fed, you know, no breakfast, lunch or dinner, you know what I mean, the dog and cat got a fed, but if I spoke out of place, no PC no eat.

Also back when I was a kid if I spoke out of place and showed no respect to Grandma I would get a razor strap around the back of the legs, yes sir I learned fast PC is a good thing. Words fail me when it came to getting my first job, my first girl friend, facing off with my sister-in-law, yes sir I learned fast.

So there you go PC or pleasant conversation as I like to call it I believe is a good thing.
    There is a very big difference between calling illegal aliens "undocumented" because, reasons, and showing respect to Grandma. Methinks you are conflating two very different concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    That's funny. I always found feeding a man got me lots of nice and kindly words.
    Whoever coined the phrase "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach." was a genius to whom many a man owes a huge debt.

Not me though. I do 90% of the cooking at our house.

Fortunately, there are other paths to a fellas heart though.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Zaks View Post
    Tucker Carlson Tonight 1/26/24 | Tucker Carlson Tonight January 26, 2024 - YouTube

Interview by Tucker Carlson with Governor Abbot of Texas and the Texas Attorney General. Will there really be a violent confrontation between the federal government and the state of Texas joined by other Republican states sending their National Guard to Texas over illegal immigration and the border?
    The Texas attorney general said nothing has happened like this since the Civil War. Is this possible? Biden can't be a functioning president. It must be Obama or one of his people.
    Precisely the case. Has there ever been a worse administration in American history? Even W Bush wasn't a 10th this incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan75 View Post
    There is a very big difference between calling illegal aliens "undocumented" because, reasons, and showing respect to Grandma. Methinks you are conflating two very different concepts.
    And calling them "migrants" as 100% of the media now does is merely fellatio.

The first part of Simplicius' sitrep yesterday was all about the Texas situation. The most striking thing about this whole episode is that it is now pretty clear that balkanization and civil war are being pitched to the normie American consciousness. That civil war movie and Obama's national blackout fantasy are seeming harder and harder to excuse as simple story telling.

This was also particularly interesting:

medvedev.jpg

In 2022 Medvedev predicts civil war and balkanization, with Elon Musk as the president of the new anti-federal union. And now Alex Jones is throwing Elon Musk's name out as president of the new Texas nation. This is pretty ridiculous, as Elon is not even American, much less Texan, but I guess you gotta work with whatever oligarchs you can get. It would basically be balkanization maintaining Clown World characteristics, which is frankly to be expected, at least until whatever remains of the empire is utterly humiliated and destroyed, and everyone starts openly pondering what made it simultaneously so evil and fragile.

Does Medvedev even have a twitter? does he speak English even?

Vivek EXPOSES The Deep State and Who REALLY Runs America with Andrew Schulz - YouTube

I found this really interesting. Now, it's 28 min and you can get by with just the first 13, but the whole thing is good, imo. The whole time they are talking I have in my head both Barry and AC's theories and I think this video kind of sorts those ideas a bit and labels some things for us. He's explaining the deep state and sort of bridges the gap between some of Barry's points and some of AC's. He uses business vocabulary to label how the "managerial class" is the speed bump between what we want and what the leaders we elect are trying to do.
    If you don't like Vivek though, maybe don't watch because I came away liking him more.

A personal plus, at about 25 min they verbalize my idea about how if you left people to their own devices VS the nanny state we've ended up with.

Vivek EXPOSES The Deep State and Who REALLY Runs America with Andrew Schulz - YouTube

I found this really interesting. Now, it's 28 min and you can get by with just the first 13, but the whole thing is good, imo. The whole time they are talking I have in my head both Barry and AC's theories and I think this video kind of sorts those ideas a bit and labels some things for us. He's explaining the deep state and sort of bridges the gap between some of Barry's points and some of AC's. He uses business vocabulary to label how the "managerial class" is the speed bump between what we want and what the leaders we elect are trying to do.
    If you don't like Vivek though, maybe don't watch because I came away liking him more.

A personal plus, at about 25 min they verbalize my idea about how if you left people to their own devices VS the nanny state we've ended up with.
    Thank you for being an ambassador here.

In the video I like that they try hard to define things and I do agree that the “managerial class” is a large part of our current problems. I would add that part of the growth in numbers and power of this class is in PC hiring. When less than qualified people are hired, their failures are not corrected through firing, they are corrected by creating new functions and titles. This accounts for decrease in productivity and increase in bad policies and programs. A wicked spiral.

The final bit about self sufficiency is something I know you are an advocate for and practice. I catch the bits and pieces here or there but i can’t claim a strong opinion myself.

Vivek is completely right about the managerial class. The only problem is the solution. A breakup and restart is the only way out of this. In addition, the restart has to be fixed on Western Values with men like Washington running around. Good luck with all of those things happening in our lifetime. It is not reality anymore to believe it can be fixed. This bureaucracy is at every level, in every part of our lives. Read about the Qing Dynasty and how their bureaucracy worked out for them. China is still recovering from the horrific system, they probably never will. That is why they want Taiwan, because they won’t breakup and admit they fucked up. This disease has spread too far, a national fracturing is required.

starting strength coach development program
    That's a reasonable theory. I'm still at least partially stuck on....really? No backtrackers at all? I mean the most I've seen are academic articles like in JSTOR critiquing it. But I admit the theory is reasonable.
    I hear you. Most of the folks I know who've come out of that mindset to various degrees, I've known on a personal level, not an organizational one. I think there may be a factor that moving from a mindset of wanting to control people for their own good into one that acknowledges that that's wrong doesn't exactly lend itself to being vocal and trying to control people the opposite way. It may be that we should expect recovered PC folks to be less polemical. I suppose we do occasionally get public figures like doing public changes like Bill Maher seems to be doing right now, though. And if someone changes their mind such that they realize the error of their previous ways, we should expect a lot of them to be ashamed or embarrassed by their previous life, and less likely to talk about it, in favor of just espousing the new beliefs.

I suppose a lot of people find it hard to be the first to holler the emperor has no clothes. It's a mentality I have difficulty understanding and therefore seeing. I'll holler 'he nekkie' and then eat popcorn while everyone argues about how rude I was to say it out loud.
    I laughed out loud at that one

Because the only way to get a robe on the guy is for us all to admit he's naked.
    And I cheered out loud at that. I keep a list of good principles and pithy sayings, and that went right on the list. Thank you, ma'am.