starting strength gym
Page 2960 of 3092 FirstFirst ... 1960246028602910295029582959296029612962297030103060 ... LastLast
Results 29,591 to 29,600 of 30919

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Long-time lurker here. Since some are criticizing anticausal now, my $.02: While he and I disagree on a number of points, we agree on more points. Regardless, I always like his posts, not least because, he speaks his mind without fear or favor. He goes wherever the evidence takes him, no matter how taboo.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    This thread has turned into the fucking paranoid ramblings of anticasuals mind and two or three peoples reactions to them. This used to be the best source I had for alternative viewpoints that are hard to come across anywhere else, now it is honestly insufferable to weed through this guys rambling bullshit in order to find something actually important.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post

You too, Johnson? Who exactly are you trying to win brownie points with? Your real name isn't even your handle so are you really telling me that absent any risk at all of social isolation, you aren't curious about some of the points anti raises (not even fucking Epstein's island or what our true motives were in WWII or Biden's son's dealings in Ukraine or amongst loose women!?)?
    Not trying to get brownie points with anyone, it is becoming difficult to read through when he constantly posts multiple long form responses that are all over the place, which lead to responses and makes the general narrative his thinking and responses to his thinking. I don’t think he should be silenced, but like I said it is difficult to weed through all that nonsense to read something that actually matters. I don’t agree with much of what he says, same with a lot of other posters too, but it’s honestly pretty insufferable formatting. Also johsonville is my last name, my first name is Dave, I live in Cornwall Connecticut, and I don’t fucking care if anyone knows my name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Cobo View Post
    Long-time lurker here. Since some are criticizing anticausal now, my $.02: While he and I disagree on a number of points, we agree on more points. Regardless, I always like his posts, not least because, he speaks his mind without fear or favor. He goes wherever the evidence takes him, no matter how taboo.
    I don’t think he should be silenced, but again it’s annoying that he basically has been controlling the threads narrative the last couple weeks.

I don’t think he should be silenced, but again it’s annoying that he basically has been controlling the threads narrative the last couple weeks.
    Maybe I should ask him to stop? How harmful has it actually been?

Not trying to get brownie points with anyone, it is becoming difficult to read through when he constantly posts multiple long form responses that are all over the place, which lead to responses and makes the general narrative his thinking and responses to his thinking. I don’t think he should be silenced, but like I said it is difficult to weed through all that nonsense to read something that actually matters. I don’t agree with much of what he says, same with a lot of other posters too, but it’s honestly pretty insufferable formatting. Also johsonville is my last name, my first name is Dave, I live in Cornwall Connecticut, and I don’t fucking care if anyone knows my name.

Stay the course. Nonsense and make believe being posted is common across the internet. Challenging it is probably one of the most frequent themes here. In fact, this whole thread was/is based on the validity and motivation of Covid. The main difference between us and Fauci is he is not anonymous.

Shit Johnson you didn't have to go and do that; I wasn't challenging you over using an anonymous handle alone. I was just incredulous that you could give a fuck about the topics anti posts being allowed here (when every other media channel out there gives you the opportunity to be protected from such speech), OTHER than fear of social ostracization for wrong think. Which is an actual thing BTW: just try working in a big company on the Coasts at election time to see the big co$t of challenging THE narratives out loud.

And then, since your handle isn't your real name, I was even more surprised that so much conspiratorial talk had gotten you so annoyed [let's be honest, it was the broad-brush talk about teh Jewz (I may post my thoughts on this later) and maybe references to reptilians and Pizzagate that upset most of our fellow board members].
    FWIW my real name is on here only because as I understood upon joining the forum, that was the price of entry for getting form checks. Sometimes I regret that because who knows if I'll ever have to go live and work in a Blue Hive again, but it is what it is and I can't change it and posting here is too engaging and encouraging to just fade away, seeking the protections of anonymity as a non-complier in a Progressive-run world.

Yes Anti's posts can be long but he is far from the only one: he's kinda taken over for Gilead in the long link-sharing department. And I actually find the short one-liner responses more annoying than the long-form posts because we have Twitter for that smug, short, choppy cuteness.

Rip if you've considered it, an updated message board client with thread-based responses would remove a lot of the annoyance that Johnson refers to: I bet many would pay for it for access ,(even if only to this thread!) and I bet many would even volunteer on a barter basis to install and maintain it for something as simple as online coaching or form checks. But you could also just leave good enough alone and let us whine amongst ourselves from time to time about loud-mouthed or long-winded posts from Boomers or PC-accepters or Isreal-apologists or outside of the Overton Window on WWII, race relations, Russkies, Palestine, that religious ethnicity, Communism, etc.

Long-term lurker here as well. I gotta be honest, I've actually really enjoyed most of the posts on this near-3000 page thread... Anticausal's included, and learn something new from you guys everyday. Also, in contrast to the many "HATERSSS" comments about Rip staying in his lane and not discussing COVID, politics, etc. on the podcast, I think it'd be great if Rip could get some of you all more frequent forum posters on a podcast or two and have some lengthy discussions. While I certainly love the Q&As and banter about strength training, British cuisine, and Rip's shitty BMW, as a former ICU nurse now turned nurse anesthetist who told the medical services industry and my anesthesia program to both "go get fucked" when offered the vax, I especially love hearing Rip and the crew talk common sense when it comes to those topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Not harmful, my point seems to be getting lost I guess. I could not care less about what he says, I am just frustrated that a very useful conversation with a good amount of very intelligent people (not me, I just liked to read it) turned into anticasuals inner conscious and one or two posters responses to his posts. I guess it’s bound to happen, maybe the narrative shifted from what seemed important to me to debating whether Churchill was worse than hitler. I’m still gonna read but I feel like I’m not the only one getting frustrated with the current thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Don’t. The dude is an autist, it will only embolden him. It’s enough to just power check him from time to time when he rambles too much. I happily accept this as one of my many burdens.

@Nicholas, I tried to read your post, but once again I got lost in the sentence structure. Can I hire you for Zoom talks to put me to sleep when I get insomnia?

Some people, myself included, just can't make sense out of what in the af is going on in the world these days. I try to listen to and read everything I can, whether I agree with it (initially), or not. It's part of the critical thinking process.

I know right now I can't figure it out, so I stick with "trust nothing, question everything."

I look forward to everyone's thoughts and opinions here, including AC.

Many of us shared concerns on this very thread about the covid tyranny, state media narratives, never ending wars, victimizing children, corrupt governments, etc.

Don't allow the incessant divisiveness forced on us by big gov and state media to keep free speech and free thoughts out of any discussion.

Mike

Toby Keith - Made In America (Official Music Video) - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    I think what Johnsonville means is: "I would look like even more of a neo-marxist if I asked for him to be silenced, but I won't be satisfied until he is bullied into self-censorship"

Somebody at sometime said something like this: "It is far easier to deceive a man than to convince him he has been deceived"

Most people would rather forsake all integrity than find the intellectual courage to confront a lifetime of deception.