starting strength gym
Page 2961 of 3095 FirstFirst ... 1961246128612911295129592960296129622963297130113061 ... LastLast
Results 29,601 to 29,610 of 30941

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I think what Johnsonville means is: "I would look like even more of a neo-marxist if I asked for him to be silenced, but I won't be satisfied until he is bullied into self-censorship"

Somebody at sometime said something like this: "It is far easier to deceive a man than to convince him he has been deceived"

Most people would rather forsake all integrity than find the intellectual courage to confront a lifetime of deception.
    I appreciate the fact that you think I am that cunning, but like I’ve said a handful of times already (you fuckers are more easily triggered than antifa ffs) it gets old reading antis multiple rambling posts about Jews a day and only one or two people responding, rather than different people commenting on the events of the day. It’s not his personal blog. Heaven forbid I have a critique of the thread, I don’t want to offend you

This shit is getting a little too personal. How about everybody ignoring the offensive and getting back to Current Events?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Don’t. The dude is an autist, it will only embolden him.
    You are probably the second person I have ever seen use the word autist. It's much better than autistic.

And being the same but different, you are probably right in this and maybe it's like it was for me. This forum became safe in a world of craziness during COVID because it was like every single person I knew had no brain. Then I thought I'll see if Rip has said anything on this and maybe I'll bite the bullet if he thinks is good. Glad he was right too.

To anyone else, the easy way about this stuff is if you disagree with someone then challenge them and debate civilly. If you really disagree or a morally offended then just scroll on. And if it's worse than that just log off or trust that the Mod will intervene if and when the Mod sees fit. But I'm an autist so this stuff is obvious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Thank you for being an ambassador here.

In the video I like that they try hard to define things and I do agree that the “managerial class” is a large part of our current problems. I would add that part of the growth in numbers and power of this class is in PC hiring. When less than qualified people are hired, their failures are not corrected through firing, they are corrected by creating new functions and titles. This accounts for decrease in productivity and increase in bad policies and programs. A wicked spiral.

The final bit about self sufficiency is something I know you are an advocate for and practice. I catch the bits and pieces here or there but i can’t claim a strong opinion myself.
    That is a reasonable extension of the theory. I cannot disagree with that piece of logic.

Ambassador/fence sitter... it's not a position I prefer. I like to have a solid view of the battlefield. But I don't on this. I lack reliable intel. I do know some things. I know the people in the government are willing to do bad things. That's 100% solid info, imo. I know the media we rely on to tell us the truth will not in a lot of cases and sifting through who's doing what is hard. For example, I don't think much of the Times anymore but they got a gal down here, Sarah Fowler, that knows her shit. But how do I know who's a Sarah Fowler if I don't have the same info the press has?

I do, I think self sufficiency, embracing hard work, and a lack of a sense of entitlement are very important keys both for the person and the world we live in. They are things from which all other good things flow.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    Vivek is completely right about the managerial class. The only problem is the solution. A breakup and restart is the only way out of this. In addition, the restart has to be fixed on Western Values with men like Washington running around. Good luck with all of those things happening in our lifetime. It is not reality anymore to believe it can be fixed. This bureaucracy is at every level, in every part of our lives. Read about the Qing Dynasty and how their bureaucracy worked out for them. China is still recovering from the horrific system, they probably never will. That is why they want Taiwan, because they won’t breakup and admit they fucked up. This disease has spread too far, a national fracturing is required.
    Therein lies a key problem. Anybody decent doesn't want to do it. And if they perhaps, by some miracle, did want to do it they wouldn't survive the press onslaught. In a way, I think we fucked up with democracy. Like Agent K, it's been my observation that a person may be smart but people are scared lemmings. I'm not sure that what amounts to a popularity contest is the best way to maintain the greatest freedom for the individual that desires it. It's hard for anyone decent and truth telling to get by that popularity contest because the truth isn't popular. Where's a real life John Dutton when you need him, lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Americans are weak.

It has nothing to do with incompetence or inexperience or education. Modern Americans of all races, competence, class, religions...across the board...have demonstrated they are easy to bribe, brainwash, blackmail, coerce, and shame into creating and implementing policies that are simply....wrong.

Americans no longer care about right or wrong. Integrity has collapsed in American society....from DC all the way down into small towns.

That's the real problem. The day Americans stop implementing and complying is the day all this madness ends. The problem is us.
    I don't think it's just us and I don't think it started with us. I do think we've perfected it, though. Somewhere between putting infants out to die like the Spartans did and coddling even the most lazy of assholes with government subsidies is a spot that engineers a society with enough mercy to care for its elderly and disabled but not so much that we encourage a lack of integrity in all things.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    These four policy changes would solve 80%+ of our problems, including immigration, DIE initiatives and the foreign wars.
    It doesn't matter if you believe the policies came from good intent or the kabal or aliens or epstein, you just have to push hard for the solution.
    Agreed. No matter how it started it needs to end.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    No, the only true solution is a complete tear-down of the federal bureaucracy and federal law, and Congress almost certainly won't do it. That's not going to happen without some sort of near/total collapse, in my humble opinion, of the vast majority of infrastructure we count on.
    More and more this is what I see happening. They won't let us fix it. But we may can rebuild it from the ashes of the current system. Which sucks because I feel like that way is gonna be a lot harder on a lot more people. But maybe hard is what needs to happen. Maybe these fools really have to hit rock bottom to get clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    I don’t think he should be silenced, but again it’s annoying that he basically has been controlling the threads narrative the last couple weeks.
    So post something different. I kind of imagine we're all sitting around in a bar, or hanging out in the weight room. Conversations are occurring. Sometimes one takes over the room and everyone has an opinion, sometimes people are off in little groups involved in the topic they're on about at the moment. It feels very relaxed and happily out of control. Like it's safe to say what we think here. I enjoy that and don't want to see anyone feel like they can't say what they think is important. I like hearing from AC, but I also like hearing from you. I want to read stuff that makes me go read a book to find out if ya'll are on to something or not.
    Also, I seriously thought you were just a fan of sausage. "Johnsonville? Isn't that a brat?" No shade man, I just thought, "this man must be from Wisconsin."

I was listening to a powerful conversation between Matt Erickson and Pete Quinones today about some very interesting moves that members of the Silicon Valley elite have been making in recent days and months. It’s all very Machiavellian with a distinct Yarvin aroma. I’ll post the link after it comes out from behind the paywall.

A big takeaway was the idea that with regard to the inevitable Trump GOP nomination, the VP pick will be crucial and telling as to what faction has claimed or is trying to claim control. If Ramaswamy or someone adjacent to him is tapped, things are bound to get verrry interesting. We may see some very skilled executives who have a lot of skill with being executives running the executive branch while Trump plays golf and shows up to meetings as chairman of the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This shit is getting a little too personal. How about everybody ignoring the offensive and getting back to Current Events?
    How's this for getting back on topic:

Just a moment...

"...suggests that there is a high likelihood of a causal link between COVID-19 vaccines and death from myocarditis."

Myocarditis paper - YouTube

John Campbell with Peter McCullough on the above topic

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Don’t. The dude is an autist, it will only embolden him. It’s enough to just power check him from time to time when he rambles too much. I happily accept this as one of my many burdens.

@Nicholas, I tried to read your post, but once again I got lost in the sentence structure. Can I hire you for Zoom talks to put me to sleep when I get insomnia?
    Jovan that's actually a pretty good zinger! I guess I should thank you for the constructive feedback as the other poster (anti?) did a few weeks back. But this isn't Twitter which is better formatted for the one-liner comebacks. I for one find the one-sentence replies to a larger quote above them less insightful as though the person just wants to be snarky to win Reddit upvotes.

I knew you'd help me out with my rhetorical writing just as you'd started to do with others as well. So, if you want some constructive feedback, your input here IMHO would be much more interesting if you shared your POV as an Eastern European whose family (probably) lived under the Communist system in a satellite state. The last time you gave any kind of detailed response like that was, as I recall, when you shared about being hired to help Oligarchs game the EU green subsidies system. Good job! That was interesting real-world, insider experience that demonstrated how Utopian bureaucratic thinking gets manipulated by common sense at the real-world level. Try writing stuff like that bit more often - more words, more of your own initiated ideas instead of just responses to other people's ideas, more insight for the Americans and other Westerners here as a resident of a former Soviet satellite state: you LIVED as a young child through the collapse of the Utopia - that's pretty cool.

The next time you want to respond quickly to an idea - but please, people probably care what you think of Biden's chances just as much as in-laws here care what I think of Putin's chances to amend the Constitution to run again! - try adding your POV / experiences as an Eastern European, ESPECIALLY as a child of the Nineties in Eastern Europe. It will offer much more useful insight to us Westerners, many of whom still only know of the Soviet breakup as a single date when tanks turned on the White House - we don't grasp how huge and long-lasting the ripple-effects of that single date were (still are). I keep telling the 40-year-old Russians of today they need to write books like "Child of the Collapse" so we Americans can understand how our Rah-Rah Cold War victory played out at the family and individual level. Your novel ideas in posts could help us understand that past sucky situation better and also serve to forewarn us of how much worse OUR current shit could get if we don't turn it around.

getting back to Current Events?
    Speaking of which, could we have a dedicated thread for Carlson's interview with Putin, when it comes out?

IPB

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    I don’t think he should be silenced, but again it’s annoying that he basically has been controlling the threads narrative the last couple weeks.
    Post something better then.

Current Events; There’s a ton of own goals and missed opportunities every day. But for the love of all that’s holy across all religions, real and made up ones. It’s such a wasted opportunity using the acronym DEI instead of DIE. Every fucking time that acronym is used it should be DIE. It’s leaving persuasion money on the table. I have no idea why people don’t do it. It's the vanguard program of globo homo marxism, that for once everyone understands and identifies as a target, and you're missing out on the opportunity to call it for the death cult that it is by not switching a couple of letters around.

Could you imagine the progressives missing an opportunity to call Trump "Drumpf" or youtube commentators missing an opportunity to call Rip fat or pink? Of course not, because they wouldn't never miss an opportunity like that. For the last Father Fucking time it's Diversity. Inclusion. Equity. DIE. As in your company/industry/country will DIE if it embraces it.