starting strength gym
Page 2973 of 3096 FirstFirst ... 1973247328732923296329712972297329742975298330233073 ... LastLast
Results 29,721 to 29,730 of 30954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I prefer Miles Mathis's take on WW2.
    Good ol’ Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I prefer Miles Mathis's take on WW2.
    This take would be that it was all more or less fake, which is what Miles Mathis thinks about pretty much every historical event. Hitler as Judas goat would be a related, but less extreme version of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Good ol’ Miles.
    Post a link for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The visceral reaction I had to the avocado-colored Ma Bell telephone in the photo of JFK was rather palpable...

Then again, nostalgia just ain't what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    In order to do that, the following institutions need to be purged and re established, or new structures set up:
    Academia
    Education
    Law Enforcement
    Lawyers
    Judiciary
    Media
    Tech companies
    Religion

So we have a plan now, create an ideology to repudiate marxism, actually spread it into the world to fight the war of ideas.
    And there are 7 physical targets to take back from the marxists in order to physically prosecute the physical war against marxists.

So 10 goals in all.

Easy right? Easier said then done.
    Government. Media. Military.
    Control 2 of the 3 and you win.
    Currently, no side has control over any of the 3.
    Previously, they had media, but that has changed partly thanks to the massive Covid lie.
    We used to have the military; now, it is half-woke.

Relentlessly attacking NGOs and calling for their ban would move us forward in all of those areas.
    As would removing dual citizens and foreigners from government.
    And being anti-censorship advocates.
    And ending the Fed.

Immigration is the most harmful to us in all of those areas.
    Censorship is second most harmful.
    Lawfare tactics, third.
    Financial fuckery, fourth.

The highest value targets are NGOs and immigration.
    Supporting/building alternative infrastructure is extremely important.
    Organizational/funding methods should also be a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I see where you're coming from. You're looking at it as a process of winning within the frame of the current zeitgeist, and then trying to ride the beast that the technocrats and Marxists created. This would indeed be very difficult, if not impossible

If I understand you correctly, you’re implying that the current zeitgeist has to be moved past to “win” in some way? If so I disagree, I think where we are in “the west” around say the 90’s was pretty good, if not decadent. Theoretically it works well, and it was attacked. When something was attacked it requires the attacker to be defeated, not the entire thing reworked. If your country is invaded, you repel the invaders you don’t completely recreate your country.

I don't think trying to find a competing ideology is going to work. I think looking at this thing called "ideology" with Marxism as a subset is the wrong way to look at it. It all works in favor of "Marxism" of some type or another. It's all culturally entropic and dependent on an impossible vision of a future "new man"--a synthetic replacement for religion and nation that is inherently fragile. I think these slick attempts to find a way to work in an ideological, secular frame is one of the reasons Hitler failed so miserably. It was almost pure reaction that never completely left the Marxist frame, even if the rhetoric tried to invoke something more organic.

I think ideology is in the very early stages of being abandoned. Religion and nation will ascend, and the groups that make this switch most effectively across the West will culturally dominate their neighbors. It's going to be a pendulum swing that most alive today cannot even imagine. The amount of momentum on this front will also depend on how effectively Russia revives Christianity over the coming decades. But if ideology continues to dominate, I think it will be an indicator that Clown World regroups and wins, and we all become post-human slaves. But even that scenario will be very fragile, and ideology will still eventually lose out to nation and religion in the long run. Or maybe wal turns out to be the one who is right after all, and this is all just the beginning of the end of the world.

Just so my timelines aren't confusing, I think the collapse will come relatively soon, possibly within a decade, but the rebuilding and cultural revival will take several generations. And I believe it is that rebuilding/revival that we need to get a head start on.
    I think marxism is a religion, heck I’m typing this in word and marxism auto capitalizes and shows as a spelling error if I don’t capitalize it. Just because marxism will fail once it’s a government, doesn’t mean we will automatically win. How many times has it happened over the course of the 20th century alone? It’s failed every time it’s been tried, and that hasn’t caused it to disappear. Plus they’ll still be in control of all the institutions that will be in charge of rebuilding. Look at how they’re salivating for a “sustainable” future based around a “degrowth” economy. They are ready for the collapse, because causing a collapse is their strategic plan.

I don’t think ideology will be abandoned. I’m defining ideology as a system of shared beliefs about the world that influence how you see the world. I think it’s essentially tribalism which is a defining characteristic of people forming groups to stand against other groups. Stories are how knowledge is passed on amongst humans. Ideologies are stories that groups of humans tell to other members of their group about the world and other groups.

I understand your central point of not playing the marxists game. And while true, it’s also impossible because that’s the game they are playing.
    If we were in a room together I’m sure you’d consider the idea of a knife fight to settle our differences a terrible idea and avoid it. But if I pulled out a knife and came at you, well you’re in a knife fight whether you want to be or not. I’ve made the choice for you by taking yours away.

Post a link for us.
    The smartest guy you’ve never heard of:

milesmathis.com

His art and history/politics stuff is here:

mileswmathis.com/

Post a link for us.
    I almost fell down into this rabbit hole early last year. I’m admittedly too poor of a mathematician to begin to understand what he writes about calculus and physics. It’s all far too “woo woo” for me. I can’t say he’s wrong; I just don’t know.

His genealogical “research” is totally devoid of any bullshit test. He has no understanding of the reality that in many cases any kind of cultural identity is utterly lost within maybe two generations if immigration is involved and the mother tongue is not passed to the next generations. When he claimed that Al Capone and Bruce Springsteen were somehow secret Jewish nobility I checked out. (Although that’s not the first time I’ve heard someone put The Boss in the tribe.)

That being said, I’m pretty sure he could prove you were a major titled landowner in France, Rip, if you gave him about ten minutes. Get drunk and have fun.

He’s an incredible painter. Beautiful work.

Post a link for us.
    MM is more like an experience you occasionally binge on when you're in the mood, but here's a pretty good example: The Battle of France

There's no doubt he's highly intelligent, and also a very skilled artist and oil painter. Personally, I like him best when he's talking about fake photos and visual evidence--this for example: More WWII Fakes. I think this is the niche he's probably most useful on.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I almost fell down into this rabbit hole early last year. I’m admittedly too poor of a mathematician to begin to understand what he writes about calculus and physics. It’s all far too “woo woo” for me. I can’t say he’s wrong; I just don’t know.

His genealogical “research” is totally devoid of any bullshit test. He has no understanding of the reality that in many cases any kind of cultural identity is utterly lost within maybe two generations if immigration is involved and the mother tongue is not passed to the next generations. When he claimed that Al Capone and Bruce Springsteen were somehow secret Jewish nobility I checked out. (Although that’s not the first time I’ve heard someone put The Boss in the tribe.)

That being said, I’m pretty sure he could prove you were a major titled landowner in France, Rip, if you gave him about ten minutes. Get drunk and have fun.

He’s an incredible painter. Beautiful work.
    Still better than Ron Unz!

starting strength coach development program
    John F Kennedy's Inaugural Address in which he said, "Ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country."
    Inaugural Address of John F. Kennedy (USG 17 MI) - YouTube

I was 11 years old and it made a deep impression on me and a lot of people. President Eisenhower had been a war hero who was an old
    man. Kennedy was young, vibrant, and a war hero. He was far from perfect but did vow to to “splinter the CIA into a thousand pieces and scatter it into the winds” after the disastrous Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba.
    This is from In Call to Abolish CIA, Sanders Followed JFK's Cue

Peter Kornbluh points out in his book Bay of Pigs Declassified that the State Department at that same time proposed the CIA be stripped of its covert action capacity and renamed. However, the CIA escaped any serious repercussions — partly because, as Kornbluh explains, the CIA’s then-director, John McCone, made sure that most of the copies of a damning report on the Bay of Pigs by the agency’s own inspector general were literally burned.

Then in 1963, after Kennedy’s assassination, Harry Truman wrote a newspaper column explaining that “I never had any thought that when I set up the CIA that it would be injected into peacetime cloak and dagger operations. … I, therefore, would like to see the CIA be restored to its original assignment as the intelligence arm of the president … and that its operational duties be terminated or properly used elsewhere.”

You have to sign up with the Indianopolis Star to read the editorial. I tried to access other links from the Intercept article but couldn't. I think the CIA was involved with the killing of President Kennedy. It hasn't been proven but why is the CIA still holding on to thousands of documents that are 60 years old from the Warren Commission Report on the Kennedy assassination.