starting strength gym
Page 2974 of 3075 FirstFirst ... 1974247428742924296429722973297429752976298430243074 ... LastLast
Results 29,731 to 29,740 of 30745

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Greg Abbott Promising 'Many More Miles' of Border Wall

Greg Abbott Promising 'Many More Miles' of Border Wall

This should be interesting.

I think this is one of the best ways personally stop nonsense around one. I can tell that Strickland understands how it works and I love how he uses it against them. This whole episode is good but the part about MGK and Megan Fox is particularly important. I think this is a way all of us can personally stop enabling. I like to call it “popping bubbles.” I don’t let people get away with nonsense in my personal life anymore. If you come at me I’m giving you my honest opinion. I refuse to be an enabler to one’s fantasies.

Sean Strickland recaps face off w/ Donald Trump, sparring Sneako, Jake Paul call out, & vampire MGK - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I almost fell down into this rabbit hole early last year. I’m admittedly too poor of a mathematician to begin to understand what he writes about calculus and physics. It’s all far too “woo woo” for me. I can’t say he’s wrong; I just don’t know.

His genealogical “research” is totally devoid of any bullshit test. He has no understanding of the reality that in many cases any kind of cultural identity is utterly lost within maybe two generations if immigration is involved and the mother tongue is not passed to the next generations. When he claimed that Al Capone and Bruce Springsteen were somehow secret Jewish nobility I checked out. (Although that’s not the first time I’ve heard someone put The Boss in the tribe.)
    I looked at his "redefinition of the derivative" from calculus, where he claims to fix its definition. It's garbage. After a boastful introduction and an excessively verbose historical overview, he presents his main criticism in part 2. It focuses on an informal motivation for the derivative, which you've seen in a high-school textbook.
    y = x˛
    Increase it by δy and δx to obtain
    y + δy = (x + δx) 2
    subtract the first equation from the second:
    δy = (x + δx)2 - x2
    = 2xδx + δx2
    divide by δx
    δy /δx = 2x + δx
    Let δx go to zero (only on the right side, of course)
    δy / δx = 2x
    y' = 2x
    His first criticism is that the second line is not really true, it's just an approximation. Well, obviously. This is an informal motivation for why the derivative is a local linear approximation. It's not the formal definition. Others have raised this obvious objection and his retort is "well, why is it in high school texts?"
    I have gotten several emails over the years from angry mathematicians, saying or implying that my mentioning this derivation is some sort of strawman. They tell me they don't prove the derivative that way and then launch into some longwinded torture of both mediums (math and the English language) to show me how to do it. Unfortunately, this derivation above is much more than a strawman. It is the way I was taught the calculus in high school in the early 80's, and it is posted all over the internet to this day. If it is a strawman, it is the mainstream's own strawman, and they had best stop propping it up. These mathematicians are just angry I am using their own equations against them.
    It's fair to criticize high-school pedagogy, but fixing it involves reorganizing, reformatting and condensing existing material, as done (for example) here. His second criticism is that "subtracting points from points" (to get the third line) is "illegal" because it somehow doesn't give you lengths. I don't understand this and don't care to.

He tries to mix up his criticism with other examinations of "foundational issues":
    Many mathematicians and physicists will maintain that the foundation of the calculus has been a closed question since Cauchy in the 1820’s, and that my entire thesis can therefore only appear Quixotic. However, as recently as the 1960’s Abraham Robinson was still trying to solve perceived problems in the foundation of the calculus. His nonstandard analysis was invented for just this purpose, and it generated quite a bit of attention in the world of math. The mathematical majority has not accepted it, but its existence is proof of widespread unease.
    In a more productive line of work, others have managed to formalize the tricky bits of infinitesimals (well enough to allow a computer to check and generate proofs) using "filters". See here.

A very important interview: Tucker Carlson - Mike Benz - Uncensored: The National Security State & the Inversion of Democracy

Military Rule - 5th Generation Warfare - US Military information / color revolution weaponry turned against the American people.

I was wrong about Tucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Tucker is saying some very ballsy things these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    I like Tucker. He is smart, yet not an evil asshole. This is very rare for journalists these days.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Is that creature trying to set the stage for US military troops being deployed in US cities?

I've been sitting on this for a while, apologies for going back a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Yeah, ok, whoever lived in communism, if they weren't part of a ruling family of course, knows that communism doesn't work.
    Some citizens of the ex-DDR might disagree with your assessment; quite a few actually. They remember how the arrival of free market economy wrecked their lives and brought enormous misery to their country. Ironically, but not surprisingly, their ruin was accelerated by the forced adoption of a stronger currency (there is a lesson there for monetarists, I think).

I also believe quite a few Russians might be of the same opinion. They remember Jeffrey Sachs and his mates looting the country in the name of the Market, instigating the biggest peace time death toll of any country in the modern era. It's an experience that shaped the attitude of a part of Russian society towards the West, and not in a good way.

Communism was very good for Western Europe and the USA. It provided an alternative, and thus forced the Western ruling class to temper the worst features of Capitalism to ensure a fairer distribution of resources and prosperity. Governments policy would aim at full employment and the development of strategic industries, and Capital movement was restricted to avoid ruinous speculation (you concurred in another message that this should be brought back, if I read your words correctly). There were strong intermediary social bodies, like political parties and unions. It was a different type of Capitalism, as it comes in many flavours, just like Communism did.

Once the alternative was eliminated, and there was no need to show that 'Our' system was better, a different variety of Capitalism took over, the neo-liberal one. I am not sure many people who have lived through the two version would say this modern one is better; just like people who lived in Communism and unfettered Free Market reforms maintain that life was actually not that bad under the former (relatively speaking). Nowadays the situation seems to be very similar to the one you describe; if you don't have a strong, wealthy family behind you, life can be very difficult.

Here might lie a big problem. The West needs bodies to fight a war against Russia (I think by now it's clear, it's a matter of when, not if), but it will be difficult to motivate people to sacrifice themselves in the name of a system that only seems to be able to guarantee an insecure existence and life-long debt slavery. This might also be the only way to actually get enough bodies on the line; when the only alternative is poverty or thereabouts, donning uniform becomes a viable option.

We understood this back in the days when I went to watch football games; to the Carabinieri in the stadium, mostly young people from the South of Italy who had signed up for lack of proper jobs, we used to sing this horrible song:

La disoccupazione
    Ti ha dato un bel mestiere
    Mestiere di merda
    Carabiniere

(Unemployment has given you a shitty job, you are a Carabiniere)

It might not be the best premise to build a motivated combat force.

IPB

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Is that creature trying to set the stage for US military troops being deployed in US cities?
    That wasn't my first take, I just figured it was another humiliation tactic, but who knows what these idiots are up to.

In that short clip, it used all the buzzwords, and even combined them together; what could be worse than "climate racism?"

These people are freaking insane sociopaths, and the sheep just keep drinking up the Koolaid, no pun intended.