starting strength gym
Page 2975 of 3075 FirstFirst ... 197524752875292529652973297429752976297729853025 ... LastLast
Results 29,741 to 29,750 of 30746

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    I've been sitting on this for a while, apologies for going back a bit

Some citizens of the ex-DDR might disagree with your assessment; quite a few actually. They remember how the arrival of free market economy wrecked their lives and brought enormous misery to their country. Ironically, but not surprisingly, their ruin was accelerated by the forced adoption of a stronger currency (there is a lesson there for monetarists, I think).

I also believe quite a few Russians might be of the same opinion. They remember Jeffrey Sachs and his mates looting the country in the name of the Market, instigating the biggest peace time death toll of any country in the modern era. It's an experience that shaped the attitude of a part of Russian society towards the West, and not in a good way.

Communism was very good for Western Europe and the USA. It provided an alternative, and thus forced the Western ruling class to temper the worst features of Capitalism to ensure a fairer distribution of resources and prosperity. Governments policy would aim at full employment and the development of strategic industries, and Capital movement was restricted to avoid ruinous speculation (you concurred in another message that this should be brought back, if I read your words correctly). There were strong intermediary social bodies, like political parties and unions. It was a different type of Capitalism, as it comes in many flavours, just like Communism did.

Once the alternative was eliminated, and there was no need to show that 'Our' system was better, a different variety of Capitalism took over, the neo-liberal one. I am not sure many people who have lived through the two version would say this modern one is better; just like people who lived in Communism and unfettered Free Market reforms maintain that life was actually not that bad under the former (relatively speaking). Nowadays the situation seems to be very similar to the one you describe; if you don't have a strong, wealthy family behind you, life can be very difficult.

Here might lie a big problem. The West needs bodies to fight a war against Russia (I think by now it's clear, it's a matter of when, not if), but it will be difficult to motivate people to sacrifice themselves in the name of a system that only seems to be able to guarantee an insecure existence and life-long debt slavery. This might also be the only way to actually get enough bodies on the line; when the only alternative is poverty or thereabouts, donning uniform becomes a viable option.

We understood this back in the days when I went to watch football games; to the Carabinieri in the stadium, mostly young people from the South of Italy who had signed up for lack of proper jobs, we used to sing this horrible song:

La disoccupazione
    Ti ha dato un bel mestiere
    Mestiere di merda
    Carabiniere

(Unemployment has given you a shitty job, you are a Carabiniere)

It might not be the best premise to build a motivated combat force.

IPB
    I like the bit about the Carabiniere.

That being said, how do you square this against the amount of money and technology and logistical support the West put into the Soviet Union from its very inception?

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    I've been sitting on this for a while, apologies for going back a bit

Some citizens of the ex-DDR might disagree with your assessment; quite a few actually. They remember how the arrival of free market economy wrecked their lives and brought enormous misery to their country. Ironically, but not surprisingly, their ruin was accelerated by the forced adoption of a stronger currency (there is a lesson there for monetarists, I think).

I also believe quite a few Russians might be of the same opinion. They remember Jeffrey Sachs and his mates looting the country in the name of the Market, instigating the biggest peace time death toll of any country in the modern era. It's an experience that shaped the attitude of a part of Russian society towards the West, and not in a good way.
    IPB
    I was being very general. It’s not that communism doesn’t work by itself, it’s even fairly ok, much better than crony capitalism. It just doesn’t work against any kind of competition. I think the West is in the process of finding this out.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    I think other countries should run recruiting ads before/after that video.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I prefer Miles Mathis's take on WW2.
    Anybody read Churchill, Hitler, and the Unnecessary War by Patrick J. Buchanan? Interestingly it was a bestseller in 2008.

@alexandrosM on twitter (a good follow) posted yesterday about the TOGETHER trial, which was used widely in 2022 as evidence against Ivermectin. To quote one part of his tweet: "I have gotten access to the interim analysis from this trial, and when I publish them, the fraudulent nature of its conduct will be clear to anyone who cares to know about it". So no surprise, but more evidence that the media and big pharma didn't really give Ivermectin a chance.

But what was more interesting to me, in that tweet he quote-tweeted (or retweeted, I don't know the difference) The DarkHorse Podcast..."How the science on red meat intake is flawed" https://twitter.com/thedarkhorsepod/...55202295685520
    In which they discuss the deep flaws in the Science behind recent global recommendations against red meat intake. Personally, I've been eating Efferding's monster mash of rice and ground beef almost every day since recently hearing y'alls discussions with him on past episodes of the podcast, and I've never felt better.

A quote from the tweet for people who still somehow want to "trust the science" in general:
    "How many people died early because they believed the food pyramid that was presented to them that was actually the result of lobbying and not science?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Tucker is saying some very ballsy things these days.
    Robert Malone signal boosts Tucker's interview with Mike Benz, including a full transcript. This one is worth reading or watching.

Mike Benz: There's over 60 universities now who get federal government grants to do the censorship work and the censorship preparation work where what they do is they create these code books of the language that people use the same way they did for isis. They did this, for example, with COVID. They created these COVID lexicons of what dissident groups were saying about mandates, about masks, about vaccines, about high profile individuals like Tony Fauci or Peter Daszak or any of these protected VIPs and individuals whose reputations had to be protected online.

And they created these code books, they broke things down into narratives. The Atlanta Council, for example, was a part of this government funded consortium, something called the Virality Project, which mapped 66 different narratives that dissidents we're talking about around covid, everything from COVID origins to vaccine efficacy. And then they broke down these 66 claims into all the different factual sub claims. And then they plugged these into these essentially machine learning models to be able to have a constant world heat map of what everybody was saying about covid. And whenever something started trend that was bad for what the Pentagon wanted or was bad for what Tony Fauci wanted, they were able to take down tens of millions of posts. They did this in the 2020 election with mail-in ballots. It was the same. Wait,

Tucker Carlson: There's so much here and it's so shocking. So you're saying the Pentagon, our Pentagon, the US Department of Defense censored Americans during the 2020 election cycle?

Mike Benz: Yes, they did this through the, so the two most censored events in human history, I would argue to date are the 2020 election and the COVID-19 pandemic, and I'll explain how I arrived there.
    Although this interview isn't an example, I've also found it striking how often Tucker has been saying he's been "radicalized" lately. Interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Add to this the following: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/oth...2bc78c14&ei=99

An NHS trust has said that breast milk produced by trans-women who were born as men is as good for babies as that produced by a mother who has given birth.

In a letter to campaigners, the University of Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust (USHT), said that the milk produced by trans women after taking a combination of drugs, is “comparable to that produced following the birth of a baby”.

The hospital trust, which runs Royal Sussex County Hospital, Worthing Hospital and Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital among others, was also the first in Britain to use the term “chestfeeding” in place of breastfeeding because it is considered by some to be more inclusive.

The trust created what it called Britain’s “first clinical and language guidelines supporting trans and non-binary birthing people” in 2021
    Such a strange way for civilization to end.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Robert Malone signal boosts Tucker's interview with Mike Benz, including a full transcript. This one is worth reading or watching.
    This interview is basically mainstreaming the US color revolution narrative. And for those who don't know, Mike Benz got his media start as "Frame Games Radio", a completely anonymous "alt right" video essayist who distorted his voice in his videos to preserve anonymity. He was a pretty big influence on me back in the 2016-2018 era.

Mike Benz: They knew the only way that Biden would win mathematically was through the disproportionate Democrat use of mail-in ballots. They knew there would be a crisis because it was going to look extremely weird if Trump looked like he won by seven states and then three days later it comes out actually the election switch, I mean that would put the election crisis of the Bush Gore election on a level of steroids that the National Security state said, well, the public will not be prepared for. So what we need to do is we need to in advance, we need to preens the ability to even question legitimacy.

Tucker Carlson: Out, wait, wait, may I ask you to pause right there? Key influences by, so what you're saying is what you're suggesting is they knew the outcome of the election seven months before it was held.

Mike Benz: It looks very bad.

Tucker Carlson: Yes, Mike. It does look very bad

Mike Benz: And especially when you combine this with the fact that this is right on the heels of the impeachment. The Pentagon led and the CIA led impeachment. It was Eric ? from the CIA, and it was Vindman from the Pentagon who led the impeachment of Trump in late 2019 over an alleged phone call around withholding Ukraine aid. This same network, which came straight out of the Pentagon hybrid warfare military censorship network, created after the first Ukraine crisis in 2014 were the lead architects of the Ukraine impeachment in 2019, and then essentially came back on steroids as part of the 2020 election censorship operation. But from their perspective, I mean it certainly looks like the perfect crime. These were the people. DHS at the time had actually federalized much of the National Election Administration through this January 6th, 2017 executive order from outgoing Obama. DHS had Jed Johnson, which essentially wrapped all 50 states up into a formal DHS partnership. So DHS was simultaneously in charge of the administration of the election in many respects, and the censorship of anyone who challenged the administration of the election. This is like putting essentially the defendant of a trial as the judge and jury of the trial.
    Focusing on forensic election fraud really minimizes what happened, if you think about it. It wasn't just a bunch of zealous poll workers flipping enough ballots to get Biden in. The whole thing was a systemic fraud. The election itself was completely illegitimate.

Not yet Mark let iniquity be filled to the brim. In the meantime,

"Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch".

Time to get into the boat if you get my drift.

starting strength coach development program
    Add to this the following: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/oth...2bc78c14&ei=99
    And yet, for the past 30 years, every single carton of milk I buy seems to take such great, great pains to reassure me that its contents were not produced by cows given exogenous hormone treatments...