starting strength gym
Page 3025 of 3031 FirstFirst ... 2025252529252975301530233024302530263027 ... LastLast
Results 30,241 to 30,250 of 30302

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Islam does not even come close. Islam doesn't meddle in passive aggressive ways. Islam tells you to get on board or fuck off.
    You do not understand Islam, it is submission to the will of Allah and accept Muhammad as his prophet. If you do not then it will be enforced by the sword. There is no "fuck off" in Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    This seems like a perfectly reasonable red line to me. Why should they not protect the pillars of their civilization? That is not the problem. Forcing people from disparate civilizations to live together is the problem. Should they just become as flacid, easily run over, and psychologically dominated as the white man has become?

Look who tends be boldest and most vocal against all the trans-bullshit at the local level. Muslims are much less likely to hide their beliefs in shame or fear of offending people. They haven't been emotionally castrated, and don't live in the psychological prison that way too many whites have gladly walked into

Anyway, the Muslims did not jihad their way into Australia, Germany, or America. They were invited by the Jewish elite and their allies, intent on realizing their globalist vision of making cultural and religious diversity obsolete in order to create a single, secular, global, mass society. Breaking a few eggs is more than worth that goal to them. It's also one of several reasons they are very lenient on Muslim lawlessness. They aren't crazy enough to expect the domestication process to happen over night. It also has the added bonus of keeping the native European populations in check.

The secular Jew has done more to attack and remove Christian influence from Western culture than any other force on earth. Islam does not even come close. Islam doesn't meddle in passive aggressive ways. Islam tells you to get on board or fuck off. They still have a civilization. They put their cards on the table, and I respect that.
    Anticausal - I am an observant Jew (I despise the term Orthodox for various reasons). Just last week, I was justifying "right-wing" antisemitism in just these terms to a friend. Not the mindless and soulless slaughtering of Jews but the laws in place in various places across Europe keeping them out of govt. and positions of influence. People don't realize this but everyone really believes deep down, that cultures have the responsibility to defend themselves against what they see as attacks upon their foundations. This is the reason that the US rooted out commies in the 50s and that Australia is aggressively censoring everything touching the trans agenda.

This is a deep down issue - people don't know how to conceptualize this really simple point. I moved to Israel because I believe in what I believe in. I want a Jewish society, based upon the Hebrew bible and its laws (not in a simplistic, barbaric way - I ask whoever reads this not be stupid) and know that YOU and YOURS don't want it. So I work in a place in which YOU are not. And yeah, we have conflict with the Muslims here - and we are just as castrated as you. Which is why we are losing our current war against them.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Yes your are probably right, before I was Christian I did not think much about Israel or anything remotely "Christian" even though I was living in a country that basically was based on Judeo/Christian principles which covered most of the western nations in those days, but not any more.
    The United States did not become Judeo-Christian until after World War Two
    A Short History Regarding the Utterly Absurd Term “Judeo-Christian” – The Burning Platform

The concept was first invented in the 1820s.

I much prefer traditional Western and American values that existed before it deteriorated into Judeo-Christianity; values like free speech, limited government, self-sufficiency and self-determination, non-interventionism, no central banks,

Whatever your beliefs are, this term is complete gibberish.
    It's the equivalent of "mostly peaceful protests" or calling illegal aliens "undocumented migrants"

Quote Originally Posted by vkp78 View Post
    Better than the garbage that life evolved from big bang or a single cell or whatever. Crocodile- unchanged for 200 million years, coelocanth unchanged for 60 million years and fossil records are 410 million years. Horse shoe crabs - little to no change for millions of years.
    Everytime a "living fossil" is discovered, it happens to be have survived for 10's of millions of years by magic without "evolving".
    Fossils created in a day- the actual paper is linked in the article:
    Easy-Bake fossils | ScienceDaily.

Can't question the science now can we?
    If it can't be questioned, like this climate-change bullshit, it's not science. But before you can question it, you have to understand it. You don't.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    You do not understand Islam, it is submission to the will of Allah and accept Muhammad as his prophet. If you do not then it will be enforced by the sword. There is no "fuck off" in Islam.
    How far into Europe have Muslims gotten "by the sword"? The idea that Islamic civilization will conquer a place like Australia, America, or even Europe through traditional military means is absurd. And if their civilization actually was in a state of non-stop, rabid aggression, they would have probably ceased to exist by now. It's just not practical. These things tend towards equilibrium as long as there is no catalyst or enticingly easy opportunity for conquest. And that right there is the essential ingredient for war, not religion. The "religion causes war" thing is mostly a myth, even for Islam.

So what exactly are you even concerned with here? Again, you only have to deal with such people because your government invited them. It kinda sounds to me like you're just bargaining your surrender terms: "If you're gonna replace us, please just don't send us the Muzzies".

Quote Originally Posted by zach_the_jew View Post
    Anticausal - I am an observant Jew (I despise the term Orthodox for various reasons). Just last week, I was justifying "right-wing" antisemitism in just these terms to a friend. Not the mindless and soulless slaughtering of Jews but the laws in place in various places across Europe keeping them out of govt. and positions of influence. People don't realize this but everyone really believes deep down, that cultures have the responsibility to defend themselves against what they see as attacks upon their foundations. This is the reason that the US rooted out commies in the 50s and that Australia is aggressively censoring everything touching the trans agenda.

This is a deep down issue - people don't know how to conceptualize this really simple point. I moved to Israel because I believe in what I believe in. I want a Jewish society, based upon the Hebrew bible and its laws (not in a simplistic, barbaric way - I ask whoever reads this not be stupid) and know that YOU and YOURS don't want it. So I work in a place in which YOU are not. And yeah, we have conflict with the Muslims here - and we are just as castrated as you. Which is why we are losing our current war against them.
    I appreciate it that you do not simply dismiss me as a rambling lunatic.

and we are just as castrated as you.
    You're probably right about that. A lot of the Jews who migrated to Israel have brought the same patterns of behavior that were beneficial as nomads to their own new nation. Key phrase here "patterns of behavior". They obviously aren't consciously plotting to destroy their new home, but they still behave in ways and believe in ideological principles that are not conducive to the health of a real nation. It might have made sense to liberalize your host to make it easier to live among them as nomads, but if you bring those patterns of thought and behavior home, where you are the "host", it becomes nothing but self-destructive.

Better than the garbage that life evolved from big bang or a single cell or whatever. Crocodile- unchanged for 200 million years, coelocanth unchanged for 60 million years and fossil records are 410 million years. Horse shoe crabs - little to no change for millions of years.
    Everytime a "living fossil" is discovered, it happens to be have survived for 10's of millions of years by magic without "evolving".

You can question what you want. Granted, not the best argument when your point is "Well, if we ignore 99% of species and focus on this handful that haven't changed much. Checkmate atheists"

Because religious people believe in magic/that the universe is being purposefully managed/guided, evolution must also fit that criteria. It does not. It just boils down to two clearly observable realities. One: the mechanism that cells duplicate is imperfect (and mutations can happen.) Two: Offspring share genes, and by association traits, with their parents.

So, which of those don't you believe? You don't think cells mutate? Cancer isn't real? Or it is, but it doesn't happen via that mechanism. It's just the magic of god's plan! (and what a plan! Babies and young children dying in agony from cancer! Care of your loving overlord!)

Or, you don't think children look like their parents? You don't think we can select for desirable traits when breeding animals or plants? You realize plants like broccoli, cauliflower and Brussel sprouts never existed in nature right? They were all part of the same plant, and humans selected and bred them into existence. Are you denying the existence of broccoli?

Crocodiles have remained largely unchanged because they're good at what they do. They're resilient and successful enough at surviving/breeding. So much so, that no random mutation has produced a trait that is so dominant that it's allowed its offspring to out-compete the ones that didn't have it.

That doesn't disprove evolution. It's expected and supports it. Animals don't magically evolve. It's a random process where favourable mutations select winners. When you're already at the top of your game, slightly better crocodiles don't dominate their peers. If no mutation stands out enough to counteract the fact that the other 99.999% don't have it. 99.999% of the offspring won't have it. So, the species stays relatively unchanged.

No contradiction there. I get it though. It can be hard to look at a topic objectively when you're being pressured into believing an alternative. And damned(lol) if the threat of eternal pain, suffering, and torture isn't a good trick to stop people looking at things rationally.

Weird that an all-knowing, all-powerful and apparently loving being would have to resort to that to convince people. But hey, whatever gets him off I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by zach_the_jew View Post
    I want a Jewish society, based upon the Hebrew bible and its laws (not in a simplistic, barbaric way - I ask whoever reads this not be stupid) and know that YOU and YOURS don't want it. So I work in a place in which YOU are not. And yeah, we have conflict with the Muslims here - and we are just as castrated as you. Which is why we are losing our current war against them.
    I appreciate the honesty, but as others have said, the organised Jewish community here in the West (overwhelmingly secular Jews, not Orthodox Jews) have *disproportionately* steered the cultural and political rudder on these issues since WW2.

Key word: "Disproportionately." Some of the most self-declared intelligent people I've met struggle with the idea of "per capita".

So, today, in this globalised, homogenised world, this spiritually and genetically self-destructive and fashionable, political poison filters down to the youth of Israel's woke political Left just as it does here. The difference is our elites, and their motivations.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    The United States did not become Judeo-Christian until after World War Two
    A Short History Regarding the Utterly Absurd Term “Judeo-Christian” – The Burning Platform

The concept was first invented in the 1820s.

I much prefer traditional Western and American values that existed before it deteriorated into Judeo-Christianity; values like free speech, limited government, self-sufficiency and self-determination, non-interventionism, no central banks,

Whatever your beliefs are, this term is complete gibberish.
    It's the equivalent of "mostly peaceful protests" or calling illegal aliens "undocumented migrants"
    Yes, changing the meaning of words or redefining terms is an old communist tactic.

I'm not a religious person, and I'm not smart enough to know if there is or isn't a "god."

I do know when I was very young I was forced to attend religious services, and it creeped me out to the point I wanted nothing to do with it.

The chanting, kneeling, standing back up, getting back on your knees, then the "offering." That's some pretty weird shit right there.

I was also witness to a woman flopping around on the ground in church speaking in "tongues."

No thanks.

And, if that isn't bad enough, it seems like all the religions keep waging war against each other and killing millions of people.

That doesn't sound very "god-like" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I much prefer traditional Western and American values
    "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
    The Declaration of Independence (1776)

I guess then you would then agree with this statement.

Default Today I coelacanthed 405

starting strength coach development program

Oh Lord.

Critters that show little variation over long periods are simply spectacular designs that display unparalleled "fitness" over a broad range of environmental changes. They can be thought of as incredibly stable solutions or minima in very deep "fitness" wells, such that any evolutionary deviation from those forms is a step in a less fit direction. Sharks, crocodiles, horseshoe crabs and the like are similar to the low-bar squat, traditional deadlift, overhead press, bench press, and power clean. You can muck with the program, but it's just going to be shittier.