starting strength gym
Page 2981 of 3026 FirstFirst ... 19812481288129312971297929802981298229832991 ... LastLast
Results 29,801 to 29,810 of 30258

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What a rabbit hole.

"For those who guide this people are leading them astray;
    And those who are guided by them are brought to confusion."

"Justice is turned back,
    And righteousness stands far away;
    For truth has stumbled in the street,
    And uprightness cannot enter."

I told you way back Mark that US is at war, not with other nations, but with itself, that is how you make a nation fall, you divide then conquer.

"And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand."

What do you think you can do about it? Elect Trump?

CPAC

Will they succeed?

'We are going to get Donald Trump back!': GB News' Nigel Farage speaks at Washington CPAC - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Explains How The Ukraine Russia War Started

This is my understanding of the Ukraine / Russia mess and how we got here. Anyone disagree? I know we have people here who point the finger at "Putin". What am I missing?
    The narrative that this is Putin’s war is ridiculous. Whatever the Russians are doing, it is certainly not the decision of one guy. The majority of the Russian establishment had to be involved in making the decision.

my-axe.jpg

--CIA Built "12 Secret Spy Bases" In Ukraine & Waged Shadow War For Last Decade, Bombshell NYT Report Confirms

And now, even the NYT is confessing Clown World's aggression towards Russia. Could a saner Clown World faction be trying to set the stage for giving Putin more concessions than the public has been conditioned to see as possible? Or have they accepted Ukraine's failure and decided that war with Russia is inevitable, and are therefore no longer concerned with hiding evidence of their own aggression?

Clearly, Kiev and Washington now want world to know of the deep intelligence relationship they tried to conceal for over the past decade. It is perhaps a kind of warning to Moscow at a moment Ukraine's forces are in retreat: the US is fighting hand in glove with the Ukrainians. And yet the revelations contained in the NY Times report also confirm what President Putin has precisely accused Washington of all along.
    How would it be a warning to Putin to tell everyone that the US and Ukraine are in fact losing together?

--Conspiracy theorists keep getting things right; experts warn that’s dangerous

The specter of true conspiracy theories heralds profoundly dangerous implications for our ability to function as an open, inclusive, and equitable democratic society. As once-dismissed theories find validation, shadows of doubt are cast upon the credibility of the mainstream institutions and experts who set out to protect us to begin with.
    Experts agree that the “Freedom Convoy” uprising which almost toppled Canadian democracy in 2022 was primarily fueled by conspiracy theories.

While those with less nuanced thinking argue that revelations of truth serve as a necessary check on power, experts caution that society is now far more complex and fragile than during the era when Fox Mulder and Dana Scully chased government conspiracies in X-Files.

Public acceptance of parts of even one conspiracy theory will inevitably erode trust in essential institutions and have profound consequences for our ability to shape societal cohesion and protect marginalized minorities like BIPOCs and women.

What the experts all agree on is the importance of critical dialogue about the dangers of conspiracy theories, and the need for democracy’s stakeholders — NGOs and governments — to come to the table and explain how they intend to combat the danger. Government also needs to lay out a dynamic and resilient framework for cooperation with the private sector so that we can present a multifaceted and unified front against conspiratorial thinking in all areas of society.
    Truth does not matter to these people in the slightest. They don't even bother to frame this as a problem with falsehoods, but "conspiratorial thinking" period. So you see, criticism is technically allowed, but only as long as you assume the good intentions of those who you criticize.

On the bright side, the "conspiracy theorist" pillar of CIA propaganda is clearly falling apart. It probably won't be long until the label becomes unambiguously a compliment.

--New Liberal 'online harms' bill to make online hate punishable up to life in prison

Does anyone, anywhere still believing conservatives are going to turn this ship around? We can make fun of Australia, New Zealand, or Canada during the short window of time that they are spearheading such totalitarian pushes, but as long as the Clown World Empire survives, the cancer will spread to all of us eventually.

Conspiracy theorists keep getting things right; experts warn that’s dangerous '-' AFRU

Amazing, that they actually said this aloud:

In a world increasingly dominated by sensationalism and misinformation, conspiracy theories have found fertile ground to flourish. Dismissed by many as the ramblings of a paranoid few, these theories have long been relegated to the fringes of society. But the experts now warn that they are witnessing the emergence of a new threat vector: conspiracy theorists being proven right.

The exposure of government surveillance programs like PRISM, the revelations surrounding the secret experiments of MKUltra, and the acknowledgement of covert military operations like Operation Gladio, have all served as a sobering reminder that conspiracy theories are not always baseless. Darker still, we’ve even learned that the US government experimented with syphilis on Black folks and were the ultimate cause of the high rate of STDs among non-white populations.

More recently, the lab leak theory regarding the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic has yet again sparked totally unnuanced “conspiracy theorists were right” discourse. While initially the lab leak theory was clamped down on for being a dangerous conspiracy theory, the hypothesis has — more or less by random chance — been the one to recently gain traction in expert opinions.

And while the true origins of the virus remain unclear, the fact that a modern conspiracy theory could potentially hold elements of truth has raised alarm bells among guardians of democracy like journalists and experts.
    It's not about the Truth. It's about Their Authority.

This guy has some really enlightening videos of the illegals and the NGOs harboring them:

I Caught illegal Immigrants Crossing the US Border - YouTube

I don't doubt Maduro and others have emptied out their prisons to send them here.

I recall someone saying a while back, "They're not sending us their best."

Klamath Dam Removal: ‘It’s an Environmental Disaster’ – California Globe

This level of stupidity almost requires California to exist.

It sounded good on paper – at least it did to the bureaucrats agitating for it.

But according to local officials, “it’s an environmental disaster.”

“I’ve been around natural disasters all of my life, and I’ve never seen anything like this,” Siskiyou County Supervisor Ray Haupt recently told the Globe. “The river is essentially dead, as is everything in it.”

Haupt was a District Ranger in the Klamath National Forest for 33 years, retired in 2010, and now owns a Forest and Natural Resources Consulting Business. He is a California Registered Professional Forester, a member of the California Professional Foresters Association, an Ag advisor for Etna High School and the College of the Siskiyous tech programs, and is an author of multiple Forest Management and Fire Policies for NAFSR, the National Association of Forest Services Retirees.

Haupt said the sediment plume extends 2 miles into the ocean. And he and local residents are witnessing a massive salmon extinction event.

Supervisor Haupt isn’t the only resident making these observations. OPB.org reported:

Many have seen dead fish stranded in the mud, and on Jan. 27, residents spotted a doe and yearling that had become hopelessly stuck trying to reach water. Volunteer firefighters from the Hornbrook Fire Protection District tried to rescue the mired animals but abandoned the mission as dusk fell. Soon after, an officer from California Department of Fish and Wildlife euthanized the deer.

“The mud was so thick; it was so far out there; they tried so hard,” said Chrissie Reynolds, a long-time resident of Copco Lake who drove to the scene to try to help. “But all that time, those animals were suffering.”

Dam removal advocates refused to see the big picture, trusting a questionable Master’s thesis over the locals who knew better. Now, we see the results that are being ignored by the media and environmental groups – utter devastation of an ecosystem, and death. Dam removal advocates simply ignored the immense amount of sediment behind each dam, and how releasing it would impact water quality and river health. Now look, the water is black and thick with mud and toxic heavy metals covering every bit of gravel needed for spawning, deer are dying in the muck as is chokes out all life – and it absolutely reeks.
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    What a rabbit hole.

"For those who guide this people are leading them astray;
    And those who are guided by them are brought to confusion."

"Justice is turned back,
    And righteousness stands far away;
    For truth has stumbled in the street,
    And uprightness cannot enter."

I told you way back Mark that US is at war, not with other nations, but with itself, that is how you make a nation fall, you divide then conquer.

"And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand."

What do you think you can do about it? Elect Trump?
    I say we kill all the Amalekites. All of them, their men, women, children, and dogs and cats too. As the Lord hath commanded. That will set things right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I say we kill all the Amalekites. All of them, their men, women, children, and dogs and cats too. As the Lord hath commanded. That will set things right.
    Well then you obviously know what it says, however, he that is without sin cast the first stone. Or in your case the fire first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    The narrative that this is Putin’s war is ridiculous. Whatever the Russians are doing, it is certainly not the decision of one guy. The majority of the Russian establishment had to be involved in making the decision.
    I need to restate my question.

Is RFK, Jr's summary of pertinent history accurate? If so, then who started this...the original aggressor? Who ****wants**** this war? Who refuses to allow it to end? Who broke their promises when the USSR agreed to withdraw from Germany?

If RFK's rendition of history is inaccurate, what's wrong with it?

Here's the interview again: Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Explains How The Ukraine Russia War Started - YouTube

From the Zero Hedge article: "Clearly, Kiev and Washington now want world to know of the deep intelligence relationship they tried to conceal for over the past decade."
    Insert Thor meme here: Do they, though? Or is it that this particular wad of shit was about to hit some fan somewhere and they figured better to get ahead of it and control the spin?
    So many thoughts and questions: Why does it seem like the CIA is responsible for things that so often come back to bite us in the ass? Is it not enough that they stir pots that eventually send crime to our shores? The imported drugs. MK Ultra? Acting in disregard for what the President wants?
    Did we intend to fight for Ukraine or did we see an opportunity to spy on Russia and got blackmailed into the rest? Is this one big reason why everyone's so gung ho to keep Trump out of office?

That Afru article- funny how the answer to the problem of conspiracy theorists being right isn't to tell the truth and quit doing dumb shit. That article's byline links to story about WaPo changing reporter's names to protect them from Russia. Which means now we can't even tell who's writing this bullshit. I mean we have a clue since another article on there is about how coffee is racist, but we don't really know.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Oh boy. Candace Owens has noticed who Magnus Hirschfeld is, and what kinds of books the Nazis were fond of burning. I look forward to watching Ben Shapiro blow another gasket on this one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many would label me "antisemitic", but this is dishonest rhetoric. It would, however, be accurate to say I am counter-semitic with respect to the Jewish position on immigration, and a handful of other important social and cultural issues. That would be an objectively true statement. The Jews unquestionably have a very strong and vocal advocacy for liberal immigration policies. I don't care about the exceptions. As a group that is what they advocate for, and as a group they have had a tendency to get what they want, especially within the propaganda factory of Hollywood. This is all clearly what the phenomenology demonstrates.

I've reposted this before, but I think it's worth reposting again:
    Have you or anyone taken a survey, or has there been a vote among Jews to know if you are correct when you say 'they have a tendency to get what they want?' What does that mean? They get what they want 51% of the time. 69.4% of the time. 98.6% of the time.

Who exactly is a Jew? Did you even know there are serious debates about this? The definition according to Jewish law for thousands of years is that the mother must be a Jew in order for her offspring to be Jews. The Reform Jewish movement allowed those offspring with a Jewish father to be declared Jewish.
    How does Reform Judaism define who is a Jew? | Reform Judaism

The Orthodox Jewish community does not accept anyone who does not have a Jewish mother to be a Jew, nor is a Reform conversion considered valid. I know a woman whose father was Jewish and mother a Christian who had to undergo a lengthy (a few years) Orthodox Jewish conversion in order to marry in Israel. There are thousands of these cases in Israel and world wide. There was a debate among rabbis as to whether or not the Ethiopian Jewish community were Jews. They were persecuted in Ethiopia by the non-Jewish population. The Israeli official rabbinate ruling was they were considered Jews. The official rabbinate is not accepted by all Orthodox Jews.

I have never taken a survey nor has there been a vote, but the Orthodox Jews from what I know (I studied a lot in Jewish orthodox schools as a child as an adult and have listened to probably a few thousand hours of podcasts by Orthodox rabbis) are very conservative politically. They are not in favor of the kind of immigration that allow drug dealers, terrorists, including a citizen of China who built a bio-weapons lab in California.
    Select Committee Unveils Report on Illegal PRC-Tied Biolab in Reedley, CA with McCarthy & Costa | Select Committee on the CCP

The liberal Jews however you want to define them either are reform Jews or those who never go to a synagogue, never study Jewish texts, and constantly violate Jewish law according to the Torah that does not mean ‘law' one common translation but is more accurately translated as ‘teaching.' I haven’t taken a survey but don’t believe they support Biden’s (he’s obviously not conducting American policy) immigration policies.

I believe there will be a lot of Jews killed in America, Israel, and all over the world in the next few years. Will there be an accurate count? I doubt it. If every Jew were killed (I no longer consider myself Jewish but according to the Orthodox definition I am) there will be those who say that all global problems are and were due to the Jews who are 0.2% of the global population. Jewish population by country - Wikipedia

Jews are about 22% of the Nobel Prize winners. percentage of jews nobel prize winners - Google Search

It’s my belief that the Jews did more good than evil throughout history. That has been debated for thousands of years resulting in millions of Jews who were murdered including the Holocaust. That has also been debated. John Irving a prominent Holocaust denier lost in a court of law in England.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irving...guin_Books_Ltd