starting strength gym
Page 2986 of 3026 FirstFirst ... 19862486288629362976298429852986298729882996 ... LastLast
Results 29,851 to 29,860 of 30253

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I wonder if the saner Clown World faction is getting the crazies under control. Surrender to Putin is now obviously necessary, but there is no way to get it done with this current crop of players. So seeing Victoria Nudelman suddenly leave the stage is a very interesting development.
    There's always option b. Put the mutual back in mutually assured destruction.

For all his shit talking, Putin hasn't done a damn thing in response to the West supplying Ukraine with aid, weapons and man power.

Him and his cronies want power and resources. They have no desire to see Moscow nuked anymore than the West wants nukes falling in their backyard. Even if he personally wanted to. He'd slip out a window before he got anywhere near the button.

So why keep half assing this. Drop the ultimatum. 1 week to get everything out of Ukraine. Or the entire Western arsenal is coming in. To Ukraine and Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjones View Post

For all his shit talking, Putin hasn't done a damn thing in response to the West supplying Ukraine with aid, weapons and man power.

Him and his cronies want power and resources. They have no desire to see Moscow nuked anymore than the West wants nukes falling in their backyard. Even if he personally wanted to. He'd slip out a window before he got anywhere near the button.

So why keep half assing this. Drop the ultimatum. 1 week to get everything out of Ukraine. Or the entire Western arsenal is coming in. To Ukraine and Russia.
    This does not make the point you think it does.

I personally think that Ukraine would be better off under Putin. Tell me why I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I personally think that Ukraine would be better off under Putin. Tell me why I'm wrong.
    Well, they did vote for the pro-Russia guy before Clown World ran their coup.

NATO countries supplying Ukraine with limitless aid is weakening NATO, both materially and psychologically, while their beloved "sanctions" have turned out to be mostly a joke. Clown World dumping everything into a Ukrainian trash fire is to Russia's advantage (as well as every nation that doesn't want to be part of Clown World's anti-human cultural hegemony). It might even be empire ending. Why would he do anything to try and stop it?

And in context, Putin is hardly a "shit talker". Compared to the countless completely over-the-top Clown World histrionics, he's practically an emotionless robot.

Him and his cronies want power and resources. They have no desire to see Moscow nuked anymore than the West wants nukes falling in their backyard.
    The nuke stuff is silly, and I don't bother to give it much thought. The media used to frame nukes as the greatest and most sobering horror known to man, while their commie buddies still had Russia under their control. But once they started poking at a Russian state that they sincerely despise, nukes seemed to be completely irrelevant to their thinking. And I'm sure that will change again if they commit to war and need to amp up fear in the public.

Nukes are clearly a propaganda weapon more than anything, and Putin and Russia are pretty hopeless when it comes to propaganda, which Putin even seems to understand:

Tucker Carlson: But I am confused. I mean, that’s the biggest act of industrial terrorism ever and it’s the largest emission of CO₂ in history. Okay, so, if you had evidence and presumably, given your security services, your intel services, you would, that NATO, the US, CIA, the West did this, why wouldn’t you present it and win a propaganda victory?

Vladimir Putin: [laughs] In the war of propaganda it is very difficult to defeat the United States because the United States controls all the world’s media and many European media. The ultimate beneficiary of the biggest European media are American financial institutions. Don't you know that? So it is possible to get involved in this work, but it is cost prohibitive, so to speak. We can simply shine the spotlight on our sources of information, and we will not achieve results. It is clear to the whole world what happened, and even American analysts talk about it directly. It's true.
    I think the above was one of the most interesting exchanges in the entire interview. Putin isn't relying on the propaganda game in any serious way, and has more or less conceded that front to Clown World. This is a wise move.

Even if he personally wanted to. He'd slip out a window before he got anywhere near the button.
    Are you actually implying that Putin is such a raving lunatic that the rest of the Russian government is nervously keeping him in check? Where does this notion even come from, other than the CIA?

In a Russia/China axis versus Clown World war, Clown World almost certainly loses. This is the consequence of exporting all your industrial capabilities under the foolish assumption that it won't matter because global dominance in perpetuity is a given. So if there is any nuke risk, it's from the Clown World Deep State using them once they accept the inevitability of defeat. As Vox Day has pointed out several times, the US Empire is basically WWII Germany on steroids, and despite the technological superiority (probably less meaningful now than it was for Germany) there is no way to win if your enemy can outproduce you in such a dramatic fashion. It's just simple math.

It would be better to ask will the world be better off under a Biden or Trump presidency? Putin is really at a dead end. His armed forces are depleted, the economy is dying, there is no advantage to take Ukraine except to fulfill a dream of building an empire.

You are such a normie.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    This does not make the point you think it does.
    How so? If we're going to support them, why not do it properly. The current situation is hopeless. They're just slowly grinding Ukraine into pulp.

Russia has been preparing for this. They're out producing missiles and other arms because of some gentlemans agreement not to touch their factories. Plus have a naval blockade and Ukraine has no airforce.

Why? Western planes are better. We could have air superiority and sink the blank fleet in an afternoon. If that isn't sufficient. Blow up their factories. They can make do with wish brand North Korean and Iranian arms.

The West might not be free but they're closer to that ideal than a county that imprisons people for having parties or wearing earings.

Not to mention the suspicious amount of dying of natural causes and falls for anyone who disagrees with the government. They're a dictatorship shithole posing as a democracy.

Because Russia=Bad, America=Good?

starting strength coach development program
    Has anybody been following what’s been going on in Haiti? Over 4,000 inmates have been released and the government is on the verge of collapsing. I guarantee some of those violent criminals come across our boarder or even get flown directly from Haiti to the US by the fed. It’s the perfect asylum claim, and honestly not a bad one either. When I lived in south Florida I was a block layer, and most of the people who were our laborers were on prison work release programs. There were some assholes from all groups, but I honestly did not work with a single Haitian I did not get into it with. All the ones I knew, and it was quite a few, were the most aggressive violent assholes I’ve ever met. During my most recent trip back to Fort Lauderdale I got to see all the Haitian cab drivers at the airport screaming at each other to the point where the police had to intervene. If we get a massive group of these fuckers it better be far away from where I am.