starting strength gym
Page 2992 of 3026 FirstFirst ... 19922492289229422982299029912992299329943002 ... LastLast
Results 29,911 to 29,920 of 30255

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Mountains don't stop wars mate.
    Mate. I think you owe Bre a shirt for this comment.

Because Subby the cost was not worth the trouble.
    "It was a “no-man’s land, where nothing grows and no one lives.”
    [/QUOTE]

Why was the cost so high?

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    The CDC And Your Doc Have Lied For 40+ Years

An important article from Mr. Denninger:

Lies are the glue that holds together the empire, and as they are exposed, it begins to crumble.
    A slight criticism of Karl I have is his habit to find an old study and treat it like the only thing. The golden needle in the haystack, the first question that comes to mind to me has the formula been updated since then? Obviously the efficacy rate isn't what it's claimed to be, but Measles, Mumps and Rubella are very rare diseases now, especially compared to what they once were.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjones View Post

Australia and NZ (especially) were victims of their own success. We're isolated & not all that dense population wise. So, it worked. Well enough that we eliminated it domestically, multiple times.
    Another way of saying that would be that we failed multiple times.

Oh we are very dense, don't worry. Some more than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Yeah, he underdosed the ivermectin. I take 30-40mg a week, and have for 3 years -- not because I'm scared to get COVID, which I've probably already had, but for the prophylaxis effects on several other conditions. Because it is not merely an anti-parasitic drug. Not at all.

One more time, wal, look up the LD50 for ivermectin, wal, and tell us how you overdose it. And if you figure out a way to overdose it, isn't that the reason it should be prescribed by a "doctor"?

It was the flu. The fucking flu. That's all it ever was -- the flu. It killed a few people, always has and always will, and somehow civilization survived, although in a horribly altered state. It was not necessary to eliminate it, because that can't be done and it eliminating would be far more costly than just taking some vitamins and ivermectin and going on with your day. But the cost, in this case (and probably many others) was the point. A lot of people made a lot of money because they convinced you that the fucking flu had to be eliminated when we've lived with it since the Dawn of Time.

We shut down the economy of the world because of the flu. Small businesses everywhere are still closed because of the flu. We developed vaccines that killed a whole lot of people because of the flu, and sold them for more money than has ever before been spent on a consumer product. We failed an important test, and people continue to believe something good happened, even though they should know better. Believing the lie makes them feel better, I suppose.
    I got the sniffles twice in the past four years; wasn't worried about it, but when my sense of taste and smell started going away after around 48 hours, I took one standard dose for my body weight. Was back to normal in another 48 hours.

I remember last time I posted about this happening, Coach asked why I waited two days to try out the apple flavored horse paste yet? Well, that was my mistake, won't happen again!

It's a damn shame how this inexpensive, effective treatment against common respiratory illnesses was shamed and vilified, and anyone suggesting their efficacy was cancelled.

Yeah, he underdosed the ivermectin. I take 30-40mg a week, and have for 3 years -- not because I'm scared to get COVID, which I've probably already had, but for the prophylaxis effects on several other conditions. Because it is not merely an anti-parasitic drug. Not at all.

One more time, wal, look up the LD50 for ivermectin, wal, and tell us how you overdose it. And if you figure out a way to overdose it, isn't that the reason it should be prescribed by a "doctor"?
    Mark your right it is a good medication, far be it for me to dissuade you from using it. If you want to continue to use it go ahead.

You are making making me dig deep though.

Here is a link which may explain the LD50 of Ivermectin, as you say a very low toxicity.

This compound has a wide margin of safety in ruminants, pigs and equine, as well as in most of the dog breeds [15,16]. The acute toxicity of ivermectin has been investigated in various species of animals. The signs of toxicity were similar after oral and intraperitoneal administration in rats and mice, and the effects consisted in ataxia, tremors, and reduced activity [17]. In early stages of development, ivermectin at doses of 0.4-0.8 mg/kg in mice, 10 mg/kg in rats, and 3-6 mg/kg in rabbits, increased the incidence of cleft palate, but it was not considered as embryotoxic since the frequency of anomalies was very low [18]. The toxic effects have been related to its interaction with the P-glycoprotein, which limits its access to the CNS. The absence of this protein determines the accumulation of ivermectin in the brain of transgenic mice that do not express it. Finally, in adult Rhesus monkeys that ingested it daily for 16 days at 1.2 mg/kg, no undesirable effects were detected [18].

There are several toxicological reports of ivermectin in different species. The lethal dose 50 (LD50) reported in mice [19] is 25 mg/kg administered orally, whose human equivalent dose (HED) is 2.02 mg/kg. The LD50 increases up to 30 mg/kg when this compound is administered intraperitoneally in mice (HED 2.43 mg/kg). For rats the average lethal dose is 50 mg/kg orally (HED 8.01 mg/kg) and 55 mg/kg intraperitoneally (HED 8.91 mg/kg). In rabbits it is 406 mg/kg in topical application, while in dogs it is 80 mg/kg administered orally (HED 43.24 mg/kg) [20]. Clearly, it seems that the higher the phylogenetic scale the lower toxicity by ivermectin. These data are in accord with the findings in a review paper on avermectins poisoning (14 on suicidal attempt). In this retrospective review, among 18 patients exposed to abamectin and one to ivermectin, 15 were poisoned by oral ingestion. Four were asymptomatic and 8 had minor symptoms with a mean ingestion of 23 mg/kg (range in 4.2-67 mg/kg). Seven patients manifested severe symptoms, such as coma (seven), aspiration with respiratory failure (four), and hypotension (three), after a mean ingestion of 100.7 mg/kg avermectin (15.4 mg/kg for ivermectin and 114.9 mg/kg for abamectin). All 7 seven patients received intensive supportive care; 1 patient died 18 days later as a result of multiple organ failure [21].

In humans it is considered that ivermectin generates low levels of toxicity because its targets are confined within the CNS. Indeed, most patients treated with ivermectin have no side-effects other than those caused by the immune and inflammatory responses against the parasite, such as fever, pruritus, skin rashes and malaise [7,22], and when present, they appear within 24-48 h after treatment [23]. Certainly, moderate symptoms such as arthralgia, dizziness, fever, skin edema, dyspnea and hypotension may be more related with the microfilarial load in the patient rather than with the intrinsic toxicity of ivermectin [24]. Reports on cases of encephalopathy in patients co-infected with onchocerciasis and lymphatic filariasis after 48 h of treatment with ivermectin can be found in the literature [25], but it is believed that this adverse reaction is due to the obstruction of the microcirculation of the brain by the accumulation of dead or paralyzed parasites, which leads to brain embolism [26].

In conclusion, the immense number of patients who have been treated with ivermectin shows that it is a safe and a well-tolerated drug. Beyond the side effects attributable to the immunological and inflammatory reaction elicited by dying or death parasites, there are sympathetic signs related to ivermectin intoxication, including tremors, mydriasis, sialorrhea, motor incoordination and coma [27].

The multitargeted drug ivermectin: from an antiparasitic agent to a repositioned cancer drug - PMC

Ivermectin Side Effects: Common, Severe, Long Term

Check this out:

Riley Gaines Makes Joe Rogan Go Quiet with Never-Before-Told Details of Lia Thomas - YouTube

Much respect for this incredible young lady and her courage to speak out against the wokeness and absolute bullshit happening in women's sports.

My previous post should have called the social engineering strategy "vicarious conditioning" through the observed use of "operant conditioning" on other people.
    __________________________________________________ ____

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    --Noem signs historic anti-semitism bill into law
    I find it interesting that two of the COVID rebels ended up going hard on curtailing freedom of speech via "antisemitism" bills. Just a coincidence, I'm sure.
    This is absolutely disgusting behaviour, just as bad as the unconstitutional Covid lockdowns or endless Ukraine war funding.

Can you link to anything that discusses this? Would like to read up. my search…the first 100 results was Covid and ivermectin studies.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    That is right it is an anti parasitic drug to kill parasites
    It has antibacterial effects against mycobacterium tuberculosis and chlamydia trachomatis, including multidrug-resistant and extensively drug-resistant clinical strains of mycobacterium tuberculosis. And since Ms. Clanton taught me well, citation: Lim LE, Vilchèze C, Ng C, Jacobs WR Jr, Ramón-García S, Thompson CJ. Anthelmintic avermectins kill Mycobacterium tuberculosis, including multidrug-resistant clinical strains. Antimicrobial Agents Chemotherapy. 2013;57:1040–6

It also has broad-spectrum in-vitro antiviral activity against many RNA and DNA viruses, including HIV-1, dengue virus, influenza, Venezuelan equine encephalitis virus, a flavivirus, pseudorabies virus, and Zika virus. I have a personal interest in this as I had Eastern equine encephalitis as a child. Everyone was shocked it didn't kill me. All I remember was it was incredibly hard to wake up. There's nothing for it, even today. No vaccine, no meds, just basically comfort care and you get to watch and wait to see if your person dies. It pisses me off to no end that the left fussing about "horsey paste" may stop development of the drug for these uses. The Venezuelan version is less fatal in humans but still, research shouldn't be stalled because it hurts feelings of those with an agenda to push. And Zika's new enough we definitely need research on it.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjones View Post
    Australia is in the top 10 spenders of military per capita. They're involved in your sub and jet programs. They've let you build navy and spy bases on their territory. Do their part to monitor the pacific and have sent men to die in support of every modern conflict your country has been involved in.

Your country would have to be morally bankrupt and fucking stupid to throw away 30million allies in the pacific.
    You know, if I was being attacked and my neighbor came to help me, I'd be damn glad for the assistance. But I wouldn't expect my neighbor to spend their entire lifetime helping protect me rather than me rectifying the issue on my end. In that moment it's a moral imperative, perhaps. Not for decades after, though. And I'd want to rectify the situation. I wouldn't want to be dependent on others for my safety and security. I'm not sure hoping in on our government's forays into "democracy building" is the best argument. Anything post WWII is probably a bandwagon one shouldn't be proud of being on. But my point remains. Do it for themselves. So that that "let you build" is truly "let" and not that they owed us because we're playing nanny. No American anything comes without strings, why be beholden?

Mark I found this other link regarding covid and flu protocols.

I-PREVENT: COVID, Flu and RSV - FLCCC Alliance

"Ivermectin: In the current situation of abundant natural immunity along with the recent circulation of less severe and more highly transmissible variants, chronic weekly or Twice weekly ivermectin prophylaxis is no longer applicable to most people.

The following prophylaxis approaches with ivermectin can be considered and applied based on patient preference, comorbid status, immune status, and in discussion with their provider:
    Twice weekly ivermectin at 0.2mg/kg; can be considered in those with significant comorbidity and lack of natural immunity or immunosuppressive states or those with long COVID or post-vaccine syndrome who are not already on ivermectin as treatment
    Daily ivermectin just prior to and during periods of high possible exposure such as travel, weddings, conferences, etc.
    Immediate initiation of daily ivermectin at treatment doses (0.4mg/kg) upon first symptoms of a viral syndrome"

You note that the Ivermeictin prophylaxis is not required, does this fit in with your current program?

I don't believe I have ever caught COVID even mixing with folk who had it, however I have been taking Vitamin C and D plus Zinc for many years, maybe that helps I do not know.I also drink plenty of Coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Mate. I think you owe Bre a shirt for this comment.
    Don't you believe me?

Why Are There So Many Conflicts in Mountainous Regions? – National Geographic Education Blog

The Most Treacherous Battle of World War I Took Place in the Italian Mountains | History|
    Smithsonian Magazine

You owe me a T Shirt, I like black, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    It has antibacterial effects against mycobacterium tuberculosis and chlamydia trachomatis, including multidrug-resistant and extensively drug-resistant clinical strains of mycobacterium tuberculosis. And since Ms. Clanton taught me well, citation: Lim LE, Vilchèze C, Ng C, Jacobs WR Jr, Ramón-García S, Thompson CJ. Anthelmintic avermectins kill Mycobacterium tuberculosis, including multidrug-resistant clinical strains. Antimicrobial Agents Chemotherapy. 2013;57:1040–6

It also has broad-spectrum in-vitro antiviral activity against many RNA and DNA viruses, including HIV-1, dengue virus, influenza, Venezuelan equine encephalitis virus, a flavivirus, pseudorabies virus, and Zika virus. I have a personal interest in this as I had Eastern equine encephalitis as a child. Everyone was shocked it didn't kill me. All I remember was it was incredibly hard to wake up. There's nothing for it, even today. No vaccine, no meds, just basically comfort care and you get to watch and wait to see if your person dies. It pisses me off to no end that the left fussing about "horsey paste" may stop development of the drug for these uses. The Venezuelan version is less fatal in humans but still, research shouldn't be stalled because it hurts feelings of those with an agenda to push. And Zika's new enough we definitely need research on it.

You know, if I was being attacked and my neighbor came to help me, I'd be damn glad for the assistance. But I wouldn't expect my neighbor to spend their entire lifetime helping protect me rather than me rectifying the issue on my end. In that moment it's a moral imperative, perhaps. Not for decades after, though. And I'd want to rectify the situation. I wouldn't want to be dependent on others for my safety and security. I'm not sure hoping in on our government's forays into "democracy building" is the best argument. Anything post WWII is probably a bandwagon one shouldn't be proud of being on. But my point remains. Do it for themselves. So that that "let you build" is truly "let" and not that they owed us because we're playing nanny. No American anything comes without strings, why be beholden?
    I have been in areas where Ivermectin could have been used for various mosquito borne diseases including, Lymphatic filariasis. I have been to Tuberculosis areas, and I have also been to places where folk had Hansens disease, that was back in the 80's and I don't think Ivermectin was available then,if it was I would have taken it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Not a bad point and it seems like Europe currently going through that revelation. Whether or not our countries could be doing more is a valid discussion to have. Diplomacy is still a part of it though. Your household has finite numbers and resources. A large enough threat will eventually overwhelm you. At that point, you need your neighbor. Same as they'd need you if the situation was reversed.

You aren't alone. There are 380 million of you & a hell of a lot of hardware at your disposal. It's easier to be dismissive of other friends when you believe your gang is big enough.

Harder for Australia with 27 million. Harder still for New Zealand with 4. 200k Samoans aren't stopping 1 billion Chinese no matter how fully they commit to doing it themselves. We're doing the same thing as you are, we just need to look further than our own borders to find enough allies to stand a chance.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I’m on the waiting list to be seen by the Italian consulate in order to be recognized as an Italian citizen. Italy recognizes the transmission of citizenship by blood. I’m not applying for citizenship; because my grandmother did not naturalize as an American before a certain date, her Italian citizenship was transmitted to my mother and she passed it to me. I am simply proving my genealogy and asking Rome to recognize it.

Frankly, it’s amazing they still let them do that. Because there’s no ethnicity “American,” this very concept is preposterous to most Americans.
    What you are describing has very little to do with ethnicities. The blood principle is called jus sanguinus, and it originates in Roman law, so continental European law. The other principle is called jus soli, and it is part of English Common law, thus trasnplanted into the former colonies of the British Empire.