starting strength gym
Page 2997 of 3026 FirstFirst ... 19972497289729472987299529962997299829993007 ... LastLast
Results 29,961 to 29,970 of 30258

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Is there a process for removing supreme court justices? Aside from the Scalia option?
    The founding fathers of our nation did not anticipate this type of subversion; they believed if it ever got to this point, armed revolution was a moral obligation.

Simultaneous infant death syndrome (twins).

SIDS is just "died suddenly" for infants. They lie shamelessly with the justification that they can't "destroy confidence in life saving vaccines".

rabbi has a complete meltdown, furiously claiming the word "hag" cannot be used, because it is now anti-semitic.
    Rabbi Barclay Attacks Candace Owens For Things She Never Said

Good thing Candace Owens doesn't live in Florida or South Dakota; she might be facing life behind bars.

Anthony Colpo strikes again with yet another engaging article. His insights on navigating the COVID landscape are second to none!

Dear Steve Kirsch: You Owe Me $25,000

The white hierarchical individualistic male

Yale researcher Dan Kahan studied the personality and cultural differences of Americans and found a fascinating distinct cluster: white hierarchical individualistic men

Making up around 1/6th of the population, this cluster has markedly different views about risk, guns, environment, and more.

For example, here's white hierarchical men on climate change vs everyone else:

Hierarchical individualist men don't just not overlap with everyone else on the risks of climate change, they're on a different planet.

But hierarchical individualists aren't universally fearless people. They just have different risk assessments.

For example, white hierarchical individualists find the idea of gun regulations to be incredibly high risk, but almost no one else does. Here's the full chart of risk perceptions:

Kahan's fascinating research further solidifies that differences in views of reality are fundamentally motivated by personality and values differences.
    white-hierarchical-male.jpg

We can point to the exceptions among Jews, blacks, Latinos, or whoever, as if they will one day magically be "convinced" en masse, but fundamentally this has always been an ethnic culture war, and the "white individualists" will continue to lose until they accept this and fight it as such. Like Subby said a while back, if someone pulls a knife on you, you're in a knife fight whether you like it or not. Wishful thinking, desires to be agreeable, and egalitarian fantasies aren't going to make the knife magically disappear, no matter how much you wish it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    rabbi has a complete meltdown, furiously claiming the word "hag" cannot be used, because it is now anti-semitic.

Good thing Candace Owens doesn't live in Florida or South Dakota; she might be facing life behind bars.
    I can almost get why DeSantis panders with the rather large Jewish population of Florida, but one has to wonder if it a sex video or something else that they have on Noem considering she has less than 500 Jews in her entire state.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    The white hierarchical individualistic male

white-hierarchical-male.jpg

We can point to the exceptions among Jews, blacks, Latinos, or whoever, as if they will one day magically be "convinced" en masse, but fundamentally this has always been an ethnic culture war, and the "white individualists" will continue to lose until they accept this and fight it as such. Like Subby said a while back, if someone pulls a knife on you, you're in a knife fight whether you like it or not. Wishful thinking, desires to be agreeable, and egalitarian fantasies aren't going to make the knife magically disappear, no matter how much you wish it would.
    "white hierarchical individualistic male" = numerate human

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post

I haven't watched the whole thing, but I just randomly started at 29 minutes to get a taste, and she is just destroying him. He claimed she "refused to condemn Hamas", which is completely false, so she calls him on it, and all of the sudden it's "you refused to uniquely condemn Hamas". What the fuck? It's the same shit with the "holocaust": you have to elevate these people's fears and concerns to a full-blown religious significance, or else be treated as an enemy. Everyone is getting sick and fucking tired of this shit, and I don't just mean anons on the internet.

starting strength coach development program
    Inflation Update:

I made this beef stew recipe today; actually it's still braising in the oven:

Beef Stew with Carrots & Potatoes

I already had the olive oil, thyme, balsamic, flour, salt and pepper on hand, but the rest of the ingredients rang up to over $70. Wtf?

I do increase the chuck roast from 3# to 5# because it seems like the beef chunks get cherry picked out of the stew leaving just broth and vegetables, which is still damn good.

I made this recipe a few days ago and it was gone in around 15 minutes after 8 servings.

Not sure how the younger generation is going to manage with these insane prices...

Thanks Bidenomics, and FJB.

Apologies for the rant Coach.