starting strength gym
Page 3017 of 3031 FirstFirst ... 20172517291729673007301530163017301830193027 ... LastLast
Results 30,161 to 30,170 of 30310

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    It was made fairly obvious by the Founding Fathers that the system of governance they designed, the one with the most respect for an individual's free will (and I do mean a deep understanding that an individual has the freedom to choose regardless of what you do to them, would not survive if the People were not moral, courageous or steadfast enough to maintain it.
    And that's the heart of the problem and the ultimate weakness of the "live and let live" mentality. The most retarded response to the breakdown of society is "But how does it affect you?" You can't have a working society made up of people with no moral backbone.

The last three pages have resembled an argument over whether it is "Kiev" or "Keev"
    All the while, 500,000 more Ukrainian men have been ordered into the meatgrinder by Zelensky, Antony Blinken and Victoria "The War Pig" Nuland.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I can understand annoyance with Matt a little bit, but not because he's a "nazi". It's because he seems to be caught up in the "nothing-but-doom-and-gloom" mentality I've observed with many in the secular far right.
    This is a fair comment, I think. The Great Replacement has happened. Past tense. It is very, very bleak to witness in real-time in your own homeland. These are the towns and places you used to recognise, and that is the depressing part.

A few years ago I went and visited the street where my grandmother grew up. Churchill warned them that unless they fought, and died, and won, German would be spoken on the streets of England. On my visit, I didn't hear any German being spoken, or much English. The same street where my grandmother was playing and her own mum pulled her back inside the house before the road was hit with rogue machine gun fire from a Luftwaffe bomber overhead. Yes, it's demoralising.

All of the foolish talk of "ganging up" and "fighting" this decaying, decadent and inhuman Western Liberal order is just completely retarded. I hate to hear smart people talk like this.

The West will have to find a new way - and there's no political solution to be had, certainly not in our lifetimes. Not while we continue to place our belief in the current political process and reluctantly vote for the Republican or Conservative parties.

The change needs to occur at the spiritual level. Scoff at the neo-pagans all you want, but I understand their attempts because a new religion is a actually needed. Our civilisation and our own existences need to be revised, and gradually there will be a trickle of migration to a new sort of Byzantium, maybe somewhere in Eastern Europe? Who knows where.

It's difficult to put into words, but no 20th century "ism" can appropriately describe our problems or provide a cure - but it's not entirely gloomy and adversity provides opportunity for growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    And that's the heart of the problem and the ultimate weakness of the "live and let live" mentality. The most retarded response to the breakdown of society is "But how does it affect you?" You can't have a working society made up of people with no moral backbone.
    The only problem I see with that is I'm not sure if a society CAN be moral when its wealth becomes so ubiquitous that nearly anyone can assuage their dopamine addictions by whichever means they choose -- legal or illegal.

Perhaps morality dies not on some tall hill with flags waving and shells exploding, but rather one tiny compromise at a time. And when it's gone and trouble festers, everyone looks around wondering "How?"

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Exactly!

There were no delusions about the universal applications of the Founders ideas among the Founders themselves.

They knew their vision only worked among an in-group that they were a part of.

But history has been hijacked and source materials all but banned. So everything they wrote (which is only read in 5th hand sources) is filtered, by so called conservatives, through the Marxist lens of the interchangeable man.

Gold broke through $2400 today. I believe that's a 20% increase in one month.

Here's an interesting analysis; lots of information presented pretty quickly and concisely:

What Is Happening To Gold Right Now? - YouTube

Speaker Mike Johnson Claims Classified Briefing Made Him Flip-Flop on Spy Powers Reform

"If your price is not your life, then you are for sale."

--

Tucker Carlson: A Consistent Theme Of American Foreign Policy Is That It Is Always The Christians Who Suffer

If he doesn't already, Tucker is beginning to understand.

If Christian leaders won't stand up for the lives of Christians, why have them in the first place? And that's probably a good question. So you would think that in Congress there were there are many self-professed Christians. Somebody might be piping up on behalf of their brethren in the Holy Land. But no, just the opposite. In fact. For example, at a town hall event last month, Michigan Congressman Tim Walberg, a former evangelical pastor, said he would like to see the region treated like Hiroshima was treated.
    Correction, Tucker: Judeo-Christian leaders.

judeo-christian.jpg

--

Brazil has fallen. They are freezing the assets and bank accounts of journalists and confiscating their passports. Pay attention. Coming to a western nation near you.

Is this supposed to be a bad thing?

Someone apparently had a word with him.

You might be eating an artery-damaging amount of protein, new study warns

Look at how they portray the "dirty meat eater" in this article:

protein.jpg

starting strength coach development program
    You might be eating an artery-damaging amount of protein, new study warns

Look at how they portray the "dirty meat eater" in this article:

protein.jpg
    Thank god there's a paywall so I don't have to read this stupidity.