starting strength gym
Page 3055 of 3065 FirstFirst ... 2055255529553005304530533054305530563057 ... LastLast
Results 30,541 to 30,550 of 30642

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    What is your opinion about this article about an imperial style presidency of Trump if he win's office?

Just a moment...
    I keep seeing silly bullshit like this, about Trump being a dictator. He was President for 4 years -- what did he dictate?

I don't think Trump is organized enough to get 10% of this agenda accomplished. I wish he could, or would.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Conservative zeal for fighting "them evil terrorists" is what made the patriot act possible. It's not just that they haven't conserved anything. It's that they hold the lion's share of the responsibility for our full blown descent into totalitarianism since 9-11.

William F. Buckley was infinitely worse than Osama Bin Laden, or however you spell his fucking name. It's not even close.

And we all still just take off our shoes, and pose for the tasteful nude at the x-ray station, like good, obedient, little slaves.

Was submitting to the standard TSA humiliation ritual ever any less subserviant and ridiculous than putting on the mask?
    Disagree. I remember being in,and a part of the intelligence community. A lot of us were outspoken against it, and especially because we took USSID 18 very seriously. The Patriot Act was flatly unnecessary, but what I remember wasn't zeal. It was a complete malaise of uncaring. Significant portions of the civilian population, especially the young, didn't fully realize we were still at war.

But no one cared. It was essentially a blip on the CSPAN programming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I keep seeing silly bullshit like this, about Trump being a dictator. He was President for 4 years -- what did he dictate?

I don't think Trump is organized enough to get 10% of this agenda accomplished. I wish he could, or would.
    Axios where this comes from is left of center so I guess it is expected. I think your demo friends are panicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    "The upside of the deep state’s capacity to do its own thing, on a consensus autopilot as it were, is that few of liberals’ worst fears are likely to come to pass as Trump smashes his way past a dazed Biden to become, once more, the titular head of the leviathan."

The "deep state" under a Trump presidency will make the "Leviathan" come to life. Jerome said of Leviathan "this is the dragon that was cast out of Paradise"

"O For that warning voice, which he who saw
    Th' Apocalyps, heard cry in Heaven aloud,
    Then when the Dragon, put to second rout,
    Came furious down to be reveng'd on men,
    Wo to the inhabitants on Earth!"

John Milton
    Paradise Lost

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    "That's just a conspiracy theory"

"It's not happening like that"

"Ok it is happening and it's a good thing" <------we are now here.

...I don't go anywhere I have to fly, because I'm not going to put myself at the mercy of waitresses.
    This language is problematic; it would get you charged with a hate crime or anti-semitism or something.
    I think we are just supposed to call them all "troons" now.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    "That's just a conspiracy theory"

"It's not happening like that"

"Ok it is happening and it's a good thing" <------we are now here.
    The history of the 21st century will be of saying the quiet parts out loud.

HuffPo has been a mess for a very long time, but even they should be embarrassed that somebody decided to run this amazing piece of inside honesty:

Opinion: It’s Time for the Biden Campaign to Embrace AI | HuffPost Opinion

The first paragraph says it all:

The stakes of the 2024 presidential election cannot be overstated. With Donald Trump promising to act as a dictator “on day one,” it is not hyperbolic to say the future of American democracy hangs in the balance. Against this backdrop, the Biden campaign faces a critical challenge: conveying a strong and effective image of President Joe Biden to a population and media ecosystem increasingly focused on optics over substance. Given the president’s concerning performance last week, it’s time for the Biden campaign to consider leveraging artificial intelligence (AI) to effectively reach the voting public.
    The future of American "democracy" hangs upon the outcome of an election.

The President had a "concerning" performance last week.

AI should be used to lie to the American electorate about the fitness of the President of the United States.

Reasonably, some may challenge the use of AI as dishonest and deceptive, but the current information ecosystem is arguably no better. It may even be worse. Media outlets like the New York Post have engaged in sharing deceptively cropped viral clips of the president, dubbed ‘cheapfakes,’ to make him appear confused or weak.
    The current ecosystem is indeed fucked up, but the "debate" was an unedited non-"deceptively-clipped" 90 minutes of Joe Biden being Joe Biden. No 'cheapfakes," just video of the President of the United States demonstrating to the whole world that he cannot be the Leader of the Free World. And these pieces of media shit have no problem with creating an AI Joe Biden to prevent us from knowing what we need to know.

The Media are the worst problem here, and AI will be their tool.

And now, the latest gift from Big Pharma, Ozempic -- so you can "lose weight effortlessly." Effortless is a very interesting concept.

From Denninger: And NOW The Ugly - Ozempic in [Market-Ticker-Nad]

NAION is a very serious and irreversible condition that can and often does destroy your sight. The condition is a neuropathy in the optic nerve, which of course is what conducts visual signals out of the retina and into the brain. It is sometimes called an "eye stroke" in that it usually presents as sudden and irreversible vision loss.

The study is associative which cannot prove causation but this is extremely troubling in that the risk was more than four times as high in people using it and accelerated with time, being seven times as high at three years approaching seven percent of the people using the drug over that period of time.
    Right: 6.67% chance of blindness over a three year use of this shit. And you'll pay for it because you're stupid, and they'll sell it to you because they know that you're stupid, because you told them you were when you wore the mask and took the shots.

__________________________________________________ ____

Everything is lies: EXC: DHS Simulated 'War Game' Prepping For ‘Plausible’ Nationwide Droughts, Blackouts. - Stephen K Bannon's War Room

I know it's just The Weather, but right here in Wichita Falls on July 5, it is 67F.

starting strength coach development program
    I know it's just The Weather, but right here in Wichita Falls on July 5, it is 67F.
    That's about the temperature here and you folk are supposed to be in mid summer.

"And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?"

Here is a link to a weather application you might find useful if you don't have it already.

Windy: Wind map & weather forecast