starting strength gym
Page 3056 of 3067 FirstFirst ... 20562556295630063046305430553056305730583066 ... LastLast
Results 30,551 to 30,560 of 30669

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    HuffPo has been a mess for a very long time, but even they should be embarrassed that somebody decided to run this amazing piece of inside honesty:

Opinion: It’s Time for the Biden Campaign to Embrace AI | HuffPost Opinion

The first paragraph says it all:

The future of American "democracy" hangs upon the outcome of an election.

The President had a "concerning" performance last week.

AI should be used to lie to the American electorate about the fitness of the President of the United States.

The current ecosystem is indeed fucked up, but the "debate" was an unedited non-"deceptively-clipped" 90 minutes of Joe Biden being Joe Biden. No 'cheapfakes," just video of the President of the United States demonstrating to the whole world that he cannot be the Leader of the Free World. And these pieces of media shit have no problem with creating an AI Joe Biden to prevent us from knowing what we need to know.

The Media are the worst problem here, and AI will be their tool.

And now, the latest gift from Big Pharma, Ozempic -- so you can "lose weight effortlessly." Effortless is a very interesting concept.

From Denninger: And NOW The Ugly - Ozempic in [Market-Ticker-Nad]

Right: 6.67% chance of blindness over a three year use of this shit. And you'll pay for it because you're stupid, and they'll sell it to you because they know that you're stupid, because you told them you were when you wore the mask and took the shots.

__________________________________________________ ____

Everything is lies: EXC: DHS Simulated 'War Game' Prepping For ‘Plausible’ Nationwide Droughts, Blackouts. - Stephen K Bannon's War Room

I know it's just The Weather, but right here in Wichita Falls on July 5, it is 67F.
    Same here up north, 85 degrees yesterday and low 70s today. 40s tonight.

Typical Michigan summer, ya never know what you'll get!

But climate change though! 50 years ago it was the next ice age that was going to kill us all!

I've asked before; is it better or worse for average temperature to go up or down by 1-3 degrees, for whatever reason.

Aren't we humans capable of adapting to what can't be controlled? I'm pretty sure we are.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Aren't we humans capable of adapting to what can't be controlled? I'm pretty sure we are.
    Better question: Are we humans capable of adapting to that which is not occurring?

Better question: Are we humans capable of adapting to that which is not occurring?
    Yes, agreed.

Mark if you were married you would know how to answer that question. If I go shopping with the Mrs what is not occurring is saving time.

Let me ask y'allllll a question, coming from NH....

I think the real importance of Trumpism has been rescuing conservatism/right wing politics from Southern bullshit. When the Establishment talks about manners, keeping up appearances, decency (all anti-Trump talking points ... yet the Establishment presides over a cesspit of corruption) - how is this not a direct indictment/repudiation of the Southern ethic?

In other words: the public Southern gentlemen/private Southern snake IS the old-guard RNC, and the Southern charm/ethic has been key to the swindle. Do you agree or disagree? And is it fair to lump in TX with The South? Because I find that we have much in common with TX. I see TX as wholly distinct.... A great example of this is Nikki Haley: how she shills for the military industrial machine in SC, but "sells it" with a level of charm.

From Ishmael (No, Not Dead!) in [Market-Ticker-Nad]

I'm glad that this blog got posted. There's definitely an undercurrent of prepping as an alternative to actually facing the world. This will be very unpopular around these parts, but "prepping for the collapse" is larping. You cannot have an independent existence and live a life beyond what a middle age peasant lived. And even those people had large communities. Human being cannot live and thrive independently outside of extremely rare circumstances. The Libertarian mindset is self defeating. (I haven't listened to the Auron Macintyre episode yet so if I'm repeating what he says/said that's not deliberate)

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    "That's just a conspiracy theory"

"It's not happening like that"

"Ok it is happening and it's a good thing" <------we are now here.
    And this:

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
    George Orwell, 1984

We're here now at this point...

Do the sheep outnumber the patriots? I don't think so.

The state media and useful idiots are trying to paint a picture of conspiracy for anyone who notices the lies and gaslighting and speaks out about it.

I think it shows how afraid they are of constitutional patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by gregpall603 View Post

I think the real importance of Trumpism has been rescuing conservatism/right wing politics from Southern bullshit. When the Establishment talks about manners, keeping up appearances, decency (all anti-Trump talking points ... yet the Establishment presides over a cesspit of corruption) - how is this not a direct indictment/repudiation of the Southern ethic?

In other words: the public Southern gentlemen/private Southern snake IS the old-guard RNC, and the Southern charm/ethic has been key to the swindle. Do you agree or disagree? And is it fair to lump in TX with The South? Because I find that we have much in common with TX. I see TX as wholly distinct.... A great example of this is Nikki Haley: how she shills for the military industrial machine in SC, but "sells it" with a level of charm.
    Have you ever spent any time "down here"?

Quote Originally Posted by gregpall603 View Post

God in Heaven.

I’m not sure what was worse, the Nuremberg Regime or the Reconstruction Regime. In terms of brain rot it’s a damned close race.

starting strength coach development program
    Have you ever spent any time "down here"?
    I've never been to Texas. Listening to SS pod, and generally following state politics, I think NH has way more in common with TX than MA/NY/VT shitlibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    God in Heaven.

I’m not sure what was worse, the Nuremberg Regime or the Reconstruction Regime. In terms of brain rot it’s a damned close race.
    Where's the brain rot. That's a pretty objective dimension of Trump's populism: conservatism w/ a northeast urban bent that's more information > faith (Protestant) based. Even though the North/South relationship is complicated (e.g., Steve Bannon, who's from VA).