starting strength gym
Page 3062 of 3065 FirstFirst ... 2062256229623012305230603061306230633064 ... LastLast
Results 30,611 to 30,620 of 30650

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    A man claiming to be Jonathan Willis, the sniper who took out the shooter, said he had the man with the gun in his sights for three minutes, but the head of secret service refused to authorize him to take the shot.
    "A man claiming" is probably right. No special officer attached to the SS would be undermine his job by blabbing that information about, besides those SS folk swear an oath not only to protect the incumbents, but to keep the operating procedures confidential.

Don't fall into the trap the propaganda media outlets are setting; the response they want is apathy.
    They want to make it seem like it is just another day.
    They don't want a loud, assertive reaction.
    Don't be fooled.

They don't want Trump to win.
    If "They" wanted to kill Trump, don't you think they would have just gassed him or something at Mar-a-Largo, or literally any other method, than use this 20 year old goofball?

People need to remember that Trump nearly getting assasinated says absolutely nothing about how qualified he is to run the country. People only care about the spectacle, not the issues. Electoral politics is a reality TV show.

I'm sure the news cycle will be dominated by the attempt on 45's life( Also why do they always have three names?), but isnt it curious how other important news / admissions seems to always come out right around events that can overshadow it?

https://x.com/senronjohnson/status/1811580936137380111

Oh they should have never been mandated you say? CDC covered up and downplayed severe AE's that became obvious to anyone looking once the rollout was happening? Yet you sat there and did nothing. Where are the indictments?

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    "Watching the newsreel one can hear how proximate the shooter is by the very short time lapse between the crack of arriving bullet (supersonic) to the boom of muzzle blast (sonic)."

Oh for fucks sake. Erik is talking out of his ass. A supersonic bullet doesn't wait until it's 150 yds down range before it "cracks". The supersonic "crack" happens when the bullet exits the muzzle, so the sound of the "crack" and the "boom" have to travel the same distance. What our "expert" Erik heard was other gunfire.

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/sta...63204176073042
    I've twice had a deer shot from near or under me in some mountains by someone a couple of hundred yards out, with the deer closer to me than the shooter. "Crack" followed immediately by "BOOM".

This isn't the movies, and bullets don't go "whiz". They crack like a whip. The act of a supersonic bullet passing through air makes the crack. The crack emanates from all along the bullet path, the BOOM from muzzle blast.

So the race to your ear is as follows...muzzle blast at mach 1.0 travelling a couple hundred yards, versus a bullet travelling mach 3.0 travelling a couple hundred yards to a target, plus its sonic boom travelling mach 1.0 a couple dozen yards from target to you. "Crack" "BOOM" is how it works when you're downrange.

Microphones and ears near the stage would hear "crack-BOOM".

There is zero chance that this was an oversight by USSS or local police or whatever. There is zero chance that the shooter was unseen LONG in advance by security, and his intentions were confirmed by observation by optics. Very pedestrian hunting optics can see zits on the shooter's face from a quarter mile out. That in itself is troubling, as are the stated USSS rules of engagement that have since been reported: officers can only fire after being fired upon. I cannot believe that to be true, particularly where danger and intent are identified minutes in advance. Someone was (not) calling the shots for USSS that day. The math here isn't hard.

People who actually shoot rifles can tell you that only by the grace of God is Trump alive given a competent shooter, an AR, and a 140 yard prone shot. I don't shoot nearly as much as before I had a family...lately my kids have used up most of various hunting rifles' ammo plinking around the farm and I've not having time to do any reloading. We lost some chickens to a coyote and the wife wanted a rifle to be ready for the boys, so I pulled an old commercial mauser 30-06 out of the safe that I've not shot in over a decade, found some ammo I'd loaded for it probably 20 years ago, tried and failed to remember if and where the scope had last been sighted in as I'm prone to move scopes around between rifles, and proceeded to put two rounds of very pedestrian reloaded hunting ammo through a 1/2" steel plate target my boy made in high school shop class. The target was 250 yards out, the holes were 1" apart, about 4" high and 3" right of the aiming point, and my rest was a sandbag on a haybale on a flatbed trailer fender. Scope needs a minor adjustment but good enough for a chicken coop coyote at 100 yards. Rural Americans do this sort of thing ALL THE TIME.

Isn't the much more likely explanation that the FBI and CIA decided to assist the shooter in the assassination attempt as has occurred many times throughout history?
    What a coincidence; the CIA/FBI failed to stop a man with a rifle from walking across a field, slowly scaling a building, setting up for a shot for three minutes, then firing!
    People were yelling at the FBI/CIA agents about a man having a gun on the roof for 3 minutes before he fired with no reaction from secret service.

The same FBI/CIA who raided Mar-a-Lago.
    The same FBI that employs communist scum like Peter Strzok.
    The same intellingence organizations that refuse to investigate voting irregularities, foreign NGOs and illegal alien cartels that caused Trump to lose the last election.

A man claiming to be Jonathan Willis, the sniper who took out the shooter, said he had the man with the gun in his sights for three minutes, but the head of secret service refused to authorize him to take the shot.
    Hard to argue with, AC.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankNJ View Post
    Diversity trumps Merit in 2024. What cannot continue will not continue.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Those outbuildings were under the control of local and state police, the SS controlled the inner circle so they are not entirely to blame, since the assassination of JFK they have known that there is also a risk from elevated areas for a sniper apart from a Ronald Reagan type of assassination attempt where a shooter has to get through various layers security, however the SS had a sniper on an adjacent roof top that is why they shot the shooter that quick.
    Why were the outbuildings under the "control" of local agencies when the USSS has the responsibility for the former President's safety? This will be discussed at length in the coming days.

That maybe so, however you have to understand when adrenaline flows anything can happen and to keep your head in that situation takes training. Those girls were still standing around trump prepared to take a bullet, that takes guts whether you are a male or female.
    wal, this is ridiculous. Everybody has "guts" when you are physically prevented from running away. The reality is that the girls should not have been on Trump's security detail, and the fact that they were is a serious problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    If "They" wanted to kill Trump, don't you think they would have just gassed him or something at Mar-a-Largo, or literally any other method, than use this 20 year old goofball?

People need to remember that Trump nearly getting assasinated says absolutely nothing about how qualified he is to run the country. People only care about the spectacle, not the issues. Electoral politics is a reality TV show.
    Matt, this post has nothing to do with Israel, so I'm not sure why you typed it, but if "they" had killed him under circumstances in which it was blatantly obvious that "they" had done it, "they'd" have a civil war on "their" hands, and "they" know better than to let that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Hard to argue with, AC.

Diversity trumps Merit in 2024. What cannot continue will not continue.

Why were the outbuildings under the "control" of local agencies when the USSS has the responsibility for the former President's safety? This will be discussed at length in the coming days.

wal, this is ridiculous. Everybody has "guts" when you are physically prevented from running away. The reality is that the girls should not have been on Trump's security detail, and the fact that they were is a serious problem.

Matt, this post has nothing to do with Israel, so I'm not sure why you typed it, but if "they" had killed him under circumstances in which it was blatantly obvious that "they" had done it, "they'd" have a civil war on "their" hands, and "they" know better than to let that happen.
    The US presidential election isn't about Israel? Funny guy!

The Conservative media and political pundits claimed the last election was stolen, and nothing happened in a country full of red blooded men armed to the teeth and full of ideas about constitutionalism. Nothing will happen after this. Nothing ever happens under carefully this choreographed pantomime that is electoral politics. As long as you take part it in, and legitimise it, the ENDLESS CONVERSATION continues which absorbs all your energy and the managerial, uniparty state is free to pursue its actual goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Hard to argue with, AC.
    I'd agree with Yngvi if Trump did in fact get killed. They absolutely do use patsies exactly like this guy, certainly, but the idea that they'd leave success of the operation completely in the patsy's hands is what I find so dubious. They don't get a do-over on this. And now like clockwork:

Trump Classified Docs Case Dismissed, Judge Finds Special Counsel Appointment Unconstitutional

I realize it sounds nuts, but I suspect this was a Trump faction operation. And I think it is now clear that Trump is almost certainly going to be president again.

--

JD Vance is the vice president pick. Another Never-Trumper who has "seen the error of his ways". Is it really that hard to pick someone who at the very least supported and voted for you in 2016?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Those outbuildings were under the control of local and state police, the SS controlled the inner circle so they are not entirely to blame, since the assassination of JFK they have known that there is also a risk from elevated areas for a sniper apart from a Ronald Reagan type of assassination attempt where a shooter has to get through various layers security, however the SS had a sniper on an adjacent roof top that is why they shot the shooter that quick.

The SS has a duty to protect the President, there are no geographical limits to that duty.

That maybe so, however you have to understand when adrenaline flows anything can happen and to keep your head in that situation takes training. Those girls were still standing around trump prepared to take a bullet, that takes guts whether you are a male or female.
    Those 'girls' are not the best choice for a detail to protect the President.