starting strength gym
Page 3064 of 3065 FirstFirst ... 206425642964301430543062306330643065 LastLast
Results 30,631 to 30,640 of 30642

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Why does this require him to be shot in the ear? How hard is it to fake a nicked ear?

I'm not saying I'm certainly correct, but it is a possibility that would be useful to at least consider with an open mind. It makes good exercise for preventing blind spots.
    Did they kill the person behind him? and the other person who got wounded?

Is the photo of the bullet in the air faked?

AC, I think you need to come up for air and touch grass. There's certainly always the possibility of someone doing that, and it seems totally feasible that there was something nefarious. There's a WHOLE LOT that can be explained by negligence, poor communication/planning/leadership and being underfunded/undermanned. Gosh, I can't think of a worse administration that ubiquitously embodies all of those failures across every domain of governance. But that Trump's camp was in on it? Did they pay the widow off beforehand, too? Make her sign an NDA and agree to tell Biden to pound sand? Bruh...

Rip, there's a place for women in law enforcement. I can even see in a personal security detail, but as always... standards must be established, kept, and met with merit for selection. On the stage? Maybe not. Unless she lettered in lacrosse and put the star on top of the Christmas tree without a ladder.

There's a lot of reporting flying around about requests for funding, manpower, etc. from the USSS. I've seen it repeated that not all of the agents were on the ground were USSS, but extra bodies from DHS. Probably HSI if true. The one lady was on point.

Regardless, as always... may as well not get in a tizzy about this until they figure it out. He's not dead, he's got a solid VP pick (and don't come at me with the theories... the pool of candidates was terrible), and Elon is funding one of the biggest Super-PACs of all time. Indictments are dropping. It's getting spicy in a good way. Perhaps most of all that all sectors of our society are coming around to the fact that things aren't how they should be, and haven't been, for quite a long time.

I think it's weird that we live in a time where, if either Trump or Biden were assassinated, everyone would assume it came from the same side.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You don't know what you're talking about, wal.
    Ok, then, you being closer to the action than I am and being a US citizen you would know, so what is the protocol for a Secret Service Police counter sniper when confronted with a potential assassin, do they act on their own initiative or do they need to get permission to shoot a potential assassin?

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    There is an interesting phenomenon that i've noticed as far as my awareness extends. This has coalesced into 3 camps.

1 - This was a deep state assassination attempt.

2 - It was staged

3 - It happened due to massive DIE incompetence,

4 - It's being covered up and obfuscated (this is the tack that the legacy media is taking) but jt's interesting because as far as I can tell. "We" are all in camps 1 and 2, and the hive city dwellers are all coalescing around point 2, independent of their NPC media programming. The "official" narrative at #4 is being left in the dust.

Does that hold true across other peoples sphere's of awareness?
    I find that virtually no one is talking about it, no one at all. It's the strangest thing. The only explanation is the TV isn't telling them to talk about it. Maybe they don't know how to process because 1 and 3 can't be true so that only leaves banning guns which they don't want to admit.

In trying to find a conspiracy here (and I believe in conspiracy) people are overlooking the obvious. Occam's Razor - people, institutions and governments are incompetent. You experience this every day. People are psychologically addicted to social media, and our media talks in soundbytes and headlines. Society is polarised and fractured. There is a mental, and physical, health crisis. In 1800, the child mortality rate was +40%, now it's less than 1%. The gene pool is poisoned. Society's general behaviour will worsen in future. Events like political assassination attempts will become more frequent in Western countries, not less. We are just living through "progress".

Quote Originally Posted by That_guy_Over_there View Post
    Had a kid killed Trump with an AR this weekend, all of them would be illegal today. That is why. Even people on the right would agree. They would be illegal, ammo would be illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Yeah, like they were after Reagan was shot.
    Exactly. A civil war didn't happen, and they didn't come for your guns. All that happened was Reagan's popularity in the polling immediately went up and he became the next US President with ease. He, of course, was another Republican "conservative" politician who this time granted amnesty to 3 million illegal aliens, and set the precedent for future demographic decline. MAGA.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Ceteris paribus you are correct. It is now, however, irrelevant, because it is no longer about “running the country.”
    Very true because the purpose of US politics isn't about policy, or actual issues, it's about narrative and myth.

This dumb Trump-as-myth idea is now cemented, and actual conservatively-minded Heritage Americans will be trapped within in the MAGA cul-de-sac while their country disappears - ironically convincing themselves they are "WINNING" because their favourite based and red-pilled political comic-book character is in in the White House.

MAGA is basically a movement trying to return to the 1980's and 1990's America we all loved, and leads nowhere. There is no fertile pollitical ground for people, certainly not White heritage Americans who are being intentionally replaced.

As Academic Agent said recently, the modern American conservative voice, in MAGA, can be caricatured by a MAGA hat wearing kinda-black, kinda-Hispanic, Christian phat booty bitch twerking against the backdrop of the star and stripess. 50-Cent is on stage rapping about Trump being a real n-word.

A defiant Trump, bloodied, fist-pumping, wearing his black leather gloves, maybe a black eye-patch, urges Americans to "FIGHT! FIGHT!". Against what, exactly? Anti-Semitism. The swamp. Woke-ism. TRANS BATHROOM ACCESS.

JD Vance distractedly gyrates to the DJ's beat, frantically scrubbing his social media of all his past "You're an idiot if you voted for Trump" comments. It's all perfect.

This is the way a country founded in the age of Englightenment was always gonna go. In 2024, we're talking about a collection of millions of ethnically disparate people schizophrenically trying to rally around vague ideas of individualism, equality and harm avoidance. The White ones have been trained into pretending to ignore their own biological, natural impulses and virtue-signal about how colour-blind they are. Meanwhile, literally everyone else self-segregates long lines of racial and ethnic identity.

I'd agree with Yngvi if Trump did in fact get killed. They absolutely do use patsies exactly like this guy, certainly, but the idea that they'd leave success of the operation completely in the patsy's hands is what I find so dubious. They don't get a do-over on this. And now like clockwork:

Trump Classified Docs Case Dismissed, Judge Finds Special Counsel Appointment Unconstitutional

I realize it sounds nuts, but I suspect this was a Trump faction operation. And I think it is now clear that Trump is almost certainly going to be president again.
    It's always interesting how people are so willing to bestow the high levels of strategy, competency and operational excellence to the US Government or any other large organization. We could only hope that these people were that good at doing anything.

It's usually the case that such conspiracy nuts have never spent much, if any, time working in mid level management in large organizations (>100,000 people) where they would have had the opportunity to have regular interactions with senior management. If they did, they would realize that these people (government leaders, large corporate non-entrepreneur leaders) are not nearly as smart or as competent as they think, including doing something as simple as faking an ear wound. We should limit government leaders not because they are evil geniuses that can pull off hoaxes, but because they are incompetent at everything except competing with each other for power within their organizations.

A good book on the subject:
    Power: Why Some People Have It—and Others Don't
    by Jeffrey Pfeffer, Rick Adamson, et al.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Ok, then, you being closer to the action than I am and being a US citizen you would know, so what is the protocol for a Secret Service Police counter sniper when confronted with a potential assassin, do they act on their own initiative or do they need to get permission to shoot a potential assassin?
    The rule is apparently that they do not fire first. And that is the only explanation for the two rifle guys with the perp in their scopes waiting to fire.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Would it make sense that rules of engagement would not only be standardized for all times and all places, but also well-published and open knowledge?

Why does this require him to be shot in the ear? How hard is it to fake a nicked ear?

I'm not saying I'm certainly correct, but it is a possibility that would be useful to at least consider with an open mind. It makes good exercise for preventing blind spots.
    Here you go: UVA professor claims Trump shooting was 'staged' and a tactic to win votes from 'idiots'

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    AC, I think you need to come up for air and touch grass. There's certainly always the possibility of someone doing that, and it seems totally feasible that there was something nefarious. There's a WHOLE LOT that can be explained by negligence, poor communication/planning/leadership and being underfunded/undermanned. Gosh, I can't think of a worse administration that ubiquitously embodies all of those failures across every domain of governance. But that Trump's camp was in on it? Did they pay the widow off beforehand, too? Make her sign an NDA and agree to tell Biden to pound sand? Bruh...

Rip, there's a place for women in law enforcement. I can even see in a personal security detail, but as always... standards must be established, kept, and met with merit for selection. On the stage? Maybe not. Unless she lettered in lacrosse and put the star on top of the Christmas tree without a ladder.

There's a lot of reporting flying around about requests for funding, manpower, etc. from the USSS. I've seen it repeated that not all of the agents were on the ground were USSS, but extra bodies from DHS. Probably HSI if true. The one lady was on point.

Regardless, as always... may as well not get in a tizzy about this until they figure it out. He's not dead, he's got a solid VP pick (and don't come at me with the theories... the pool of candidates was terrible), and Elon is funding one of the biggest Super-PACs of all time. Indictments are dropping. It's getting spicy in a good way. Perhaps most of all that all sectors of our society are coming around to the fact that things aren't how they should be, and haven't been, for quite a long time.

I think it's weird that we live in a time where, if either Trump or Biden were assassinated, everyone would assume it came from the same side.
    In aviation accidents there is the Swiss Cheese model that applies to other situations too. When the holes in the swiss cheese align, horrible things happen that might have been avoided if only one contributing factor had been interrupted.

Scoff if you will but incompetence and complacency are the likely probable causes that allowed the shooter to be able to get into position and make the shots. A lot of things had to go wrong, and they did. USSS and Trump's security team were on scene to disrupt the chain of events leading to the assassination attempt- only one of the events needed to be disrupted. They failed bigly.

The Swiss Cheese Model of Accident Causation